Are you gonna use Firefox Quantum? Why or why not?

Are you gonna use Firefox Quantum? Why or why not?

Other urls found in this thread:

rg3.github.io/youtube-dl/supportedsites.html
github.com/Aris-t2/CustomCSSforFx/issues/1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes. Give me one reason not to.

SJW browser

Unironically letting Soros get your data for free. ISHYGDDT.

>no vimperator
might as well use chromium

I probably will, but the use of "quantum" in the name triggers my autism. It pains me to think what sort of group got together and decided that was a good idea to choose an arbitrary scientific term and use it to sound advanced and innovative.

firefox runs like shit on.my machine so probably not

>cuckold's plugin system
no thanks, i'm not gay

Firefox is dead, user.

inb4 muh custom Gooey

>try the beta
>it's actually quite fast and looks nice
Kinda surprised tbqh, wonder how they'll fuck this up

I was thinking the same thing...

Lmao but quantum means small scale, I think they are using it to denote the fact that they reduced the memory footprint and decreased page rendering time.

So it doesn't seem arbitrarily chosen to me, user.

>why or why not
wouldn't it be 'why and why not'

No, stop promoting this shit

>cuckold's plugin system
explain

>using quantum software on a digital binary machine

I tried it on Android, it's alright. Still prefer Naked or Lightning.

when/if my plugins all migrate I might move to it from ESR

It is fast

Already there soon. Loving containers

>vimperator is a browser
Enjoy your soon-to-be-droppped addon

>SJW browser
>Soros

I'm already using Nightly. Do your part and enable full telemetry on Firefox to help fix bugs and improve the browser.

No because the move to WebExtensions only shits all over what made Firefox good in first place. All those addons that just got completely killed, that shit is depressing.
I'll just stay on Pale Moon until it dies as well.

>No DownThemAll
No

Yes, as no other browser has proper handling of 20+ open tabs.

Why wouldn't this automatically enabled for a beta? That's the whole point of a beta

Using it now. It's fast, resource light, and makes good use of multiple cores/threads, but my biggest gripe atm is lack of addon support. Video DownloadHelper doesn't work with it, and all other video capture addons that I've tried have been trash.

So far so good. Nothing to complain about it, way faster than before.

They replaced discrete components of the browser one at a time, so the name actually makes sense

>what is youtube-dl

Youtube-dl doesn't work on non-youtube sites.

It does.

>youtube-dl doesn't work on non-youtube sites
rg3.github.io/youtube-dl/supportedsites.html

Not until those CIA nigger faggots have a WebExtension version of Tree Style Tabs that’s not complete shit.

Is Tree Style Tabs still garbage on it?

>rg3.github.io/youtube-dl/supportedsites.html
>no naughtymachinima
aaaaaaand dropped

try being moderately less retarded than this before posting.

Just installed the beta.

It's ridiculously fast and snappy.

Yes, because it's faster and uses less memory.

No.
If you're planning to use it you explain why. Why not if you're not going to use it.

I am already using the beta.
It's actually surprisingly nice, I didn't expect that from Mozilla.

>forcing developers to drop functionality and find alternative ways of doing same shit so that the plugin works again on the newer browser version
>actually liking this """improvement""" over fixing years-old / reported-many-times bugs
you literally can't get much more cucked than this. sjwzilla was a mistake

Just tried the first link on naughtymachinima.
It's a direct link you can just download it with your browser.
Also did you even try youtube-dl it absolutely works.
The supported site list is just sites they support, youtube-dl can do generics.

No

Holy shit, not sure if I'm just imagining it but everything seems to look so much crisper, colors also somehow look better coming from Chrome.

I'll try it out just to see what it's like, but I've already migrated to Pale Moon. I like my XUL addons too much to give up.

This, except don't enable full telemetry on Firefox to help fix bugs and improve the browser.

ngl i love firefox ever since they fixed image scaling quality and added flac support

Chrome has bad font rendering, the main reason why I don't use it. The other reason is that it doesn't work with a massive amount of tabs, and doesn't have Firefox's bookmark manager to make that less painful.

>4chanx doesn't work

wadu heck

No. No add-ons. I've already switched over to Waterfox as my primary, and Brave as my backup (if I'm gonna be stuck with extensions, I may as well go for a company that hasn't actively gone out of its way to piss me off.

i heard there are going to be no addons, is this true???

waterfox is great for privacy and it feels less bloated the only problem is that it shits the bed at startup on my PC. Quantum is more stable but you need to spend like an hour disabling all the botnet shit.

The fuck is Soros? Are you from Sup Forums?

I have no issues getting it to run for me. 4GB of RAM running Linux Mint on Kernel 4.13.11.

It's the left wing version of the Koch brothers.

self hating jew that is on the brink of death.

I've been using beta for about a week and it feels at least as fast as chrome, although the one addon that makes having some old version of Firefox around essential for me is DownThemAll for saving every image from a Sup Forums thread, and haven't been able to find anything for chrome/quantum that does that quite like DtA. What are the other options if any?

Just tried it, seemed snappy. I really wish they would implement the search from the address bar thingy from Chrome, you know how you can press tab after typing google/youtube and it autocompletes to a query input.

i see you didn't get the joke

Pretty fast but it's missing the extensions I use so I'm using Vivaldi for the moment and it's just as fast with equivalent add-ons.

Why are you such a damn beta cuck? You fuckers deserve a severe beating.

Dude, Soros pays me a lot of money for my Antifa protests, why would I care?

Yes, I'm on the beta right now and it's much faster than chromium.

We should meet up. My alt-right protests are sponsored by Putin. At least he is a Christian. I guess.

It's just a nice donation for the net neutrality respecting browser.
You do support net neutrality, don't you Sup Forums?

explain the comment section part

Sup Forums-dl
It's a standalone app based on Qt

Switched to botnet a long time ago since Firefox was too slow. Tried out the beta and have the same opinion as everyone else, it's a good browser but add-ons that actually made Firefox great are dead. Although I might start using the actual release after next week since I'm used to having shit extensions anyway.

Just hope that it won't fucking break all my addons and config after the update.

No. A few old unmaintaned add-ons from 1998 won't work. All of them have either been updated or forked to a working version.

Nice try you cuck shill

>I hope this obvious lie shows up on google search results
>I hope stupid believes in it
>t. mozillian

Congrats becoming the most ridiculous retard of the day on /v2/. Feel glad you're not a namefag, cause I would have memed the shit out of you. :^)

no. wake me up when 59ESR is out

vimium > vimperator

You must be using some obscure addons.
Show them to us.

>not using Google Ultron in the current year of our Lord

fuck off nazis

I currently use Firefox focus, why should I switch to quantum?

Userscripts run like total shit in FF57. They all get applied with a delay. Lots of my extensions will be gone, and I can't customize the UI for shit since it's mostly locked down.

I'll probably just keep using FF56, never update, and use Microsoft Edge for banking and shit.

>Userscripts run like total shit in FF57. They all get applied with a delay
Welcome to the wonderful world of asynchronous computing.

greasemonkey script works just fine you doofus

less of which memory? it uses much more ram than Chromium

>but it's fast!
I've never understood this argument ever since people were using it for Chrome back when it came out. The speed of a browser is irrelevant if you can't get it to do exactly what you want, and that degree of customizability was the strongest point Firefox had - but now, just like literally everything else, it turned into a reskinned Chrome in favor of "speed".
Just what the fuck?

Why would I move again to firefox quantum because it's fast when I can just use chrome?
I use firefox because the extension, not because it's fast.

what is this "firefox became fast" meme anyway? shills forced it so hard so people believed

Why couldn't Firefox just let people use both kinds of extensions anyway? Muh security? Well enjoy that security as everything stops fucking working you piece of shit

so what to use instead of firefox ?
waterfox ?
i have firefox 52 now

Nah, i'll switch to Waterfox for good once v52 becomes too insecure

Because they removed XUL.
Which is kinda good because XUL is a piece of shit.

But there's no real reason to limit the extension API as much as they did, which makes it impossible to port some functionality to the new system.

Isn't there Pale Moon too? Or has it gone to shit already?

>I can't customize the UI for shit
github.com/Aris-t2/CustomCSSforFx/issues/1

found it
now according to anons there pale moon adds additional layers of autism
i gues i can have more that five..

Well Sup Forums?

Yes, when Waterfox, the only up to date non-cucked firefox, pulls it. And I really hope they do.

>soros browser
never fuckng ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll switch to quantum it when ESR dies and I won't be able to use pentadactyl anymore.

>Fucking noscript doesn't work
O I am laffin

>Before Firefox 57 is released in the stable channel, a pure WebExtension NoScript will be available an you'll be automatically migrated to it.

No, recent shady decisions and deprecating legacy addons on 57 with a lot of web-extensions APIs missing.

Ps. some extensions are working around some web-extension limitations injecting on webs like crazy but that's leaking information to the webs you visit making you easier to fingerprint, in the end web-extension limitations are making them less secure.

Source / Examples?