Optiplex 790

Anyone got experience with optiplex 790s?
I can get 10 i5 2400 ones for £30 each.

Is there anything I should know before getting a few? My friends are in need of computers and this is a great way out

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kjf1ZRDqzIg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They are all the DT version (on the far right)

I used to take these from work out of the trash, replace a few bad components, max out the rest, and give it to my relatives.

They are fine, and super cheap to max out.

I was told there is limit on PCI power draw? can't find a single source that agrees on what it is or if it even exists though

I wanted one i5 2400 myself but dropped the idea because apparently the max power draw from the pci is 75w.

Dell probably has some shit about being unable to use the PC for gaming or whatever, but its fine with just how it is.

youtube.com/watch?v=kjf1ZRDqzIg

how the fuck did he manage this? Is the 1050ti really that low power?

it's shown as needing over 75w on the nvidea page

Because 75w is literally what I said, mate.

normalfags are just going to want to game on them

nothing you do will ever be good enough

my girlfriend has been gaming on a gt710
high settings on overwatch is plenty

>gt710
>high settings on overwatch

Pick one.

i was talking about upgrading from a gt710 to literally anything better

Get a CD tray hard drive caddy and use it for an SSD.
I bought one of these for cheap off eBay and use it as a pfsense machine

Can confirm. Running an Optiplex 990 sff (i7 2600, 32gb, 500gb ssd) with a low profile 1050ti. Runs solid, but I kinda want usb 3.

do not use low profile amd cards, like the rx 560, some old mobos dont input 75 watts through pcie, so only use gtx 1050 low profile or gtx 1050ti low profile

>gt-anything
>high settings
lol no

Using one right now, hammered the drive bay and put in a GTX 770. Great for a secondary system.

Dont get the small form factor ones. Get the big fat one. SFF have limited PCIe power output so incase you want to upgrade your GPU, you will be very limited.

those bastards will run for years and years without problems. we still have optiplex 520s for some stupid legagy shit where i work and they're running strong.

I work for a pretty big medicare company and we've been rocking Optiplexes for years other than a brief summer fling with Gooknovo.
The small form-factors have a pretty high PSU failure rate but other than that they're bretty gud. Thermals are average at best, specially on the older lines. Aesthetically I love the SHIT out of em, I mean Jesus the 3050 is a sight to behold.
790s in particular are rock solid stable, so if you can get em for cheap go right ahead.

>tfw an Optiplex like that costs more than the minimum wage in my shithole country while anons from 1st world countries literally find them on the trash
It hurts being poor among the poors

On 640x480? My

She's also been gaming on chad if you know what i mean

it saddens me that I'll never be able to experience finding trashed office machines while living in country Australia. Cunts sell c2d machines 80+dollars,I wish I could find a sandy bridge Optiplex for 100 dollars

>tfw slav
>found some prebuild C2D with some shit brand 400W PSU and a 7600GT in trashcan
Of course RAM was missing, I got a cheap 2x2kit and now it serves as a LAN machine/only computer with VGA input in my house. I was actually thinking to replace the PSU and cooler, as I managed to get stable 3.6Ghz on stock cooler with my main PSU, might be a golden chip.