Haiku is comfy af

Haiku is comfy af.

Other urls found in this thread:

dev.haiku-os.org/roadmap
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Core 2 Duo
Is this a legacy memepad?

Been waiting for them to release a stable beta for years. have even donated more than once. Loved using BeOS (and eventually yellowTab Zeta) as my main OS until it couldn't keep up with hardware upgrades. Been stuck on LiGNUx (with occasional dips into mac and microshaft land) since like 2006. God allfucking mighty I miss BeOS so much. Every other OS is a royal pain in the ass. I pray for the Haiku devs to finally get that stellar BeOS replacement production-ready by 2020. It's been too long already.

dev.haiku-os.org/roadmap

>Kernel: 1
wat

Haiku is a multikernel OS. It sometimes loads multiple at a time for sandboxing.

Nobody gives a shit about your hipster OS.

It's the only piece of shit that will work with it.

It will never be finished because the entire point of haiku is to offhandedly mention you use it to Linux users to out-hipster them and to miss critical functionality on purpose to "keep the normies out" so you can keep pretending "it's better but you just wouldn't understand".

Stop bumping this thread. Nobody cares.

>H-hello store owner, can you turn on WPA please

>It will never be finished because the entire point of haiku is to offhandedly mention you use it to Linux users to out-hipster them and to miss critical functionality on purpose to "keep the normies out" so you can keep pretending "it's better but you just wouldn't understand".

So you've never used BeOS. It's understandable, because it was probably before your time. It wasn't before mine though, and I will always remember it fondly. No other OS compares. It was the epitome of a "get your shit done and don't worry about anything else in any way whatsoever" OS. Never fucking crashed. Handled enormous audio and video files for editing, dozens open at a time, with ease. And it did this when hardware was not even half as capable as it is now. Its interface was unique and highly responsive. Pleasant without being full of unnecessary "polish" and nonsense animations. And you could develop a highly efficient workflow on that system that just can't be replicated today. That's all I want to be using again at my ripe old age.

This is all just completely made up bullshit that any linux distro from 2005 can do and linux is already free. Just theme it to get that "clean beos interface" you haiku shits always claim isn't available anywhere else. beos died because it was the inferior product.
>muh os nostalgia
you probably didn't even use it you're just here because your online friends started using ubuntu and you couldn't feel cool anymore

>you probably didn't even use it you're just here because your online friend started using ubuntu and you couldn't feel cool anymore
Oh wow, you really are retarded.

The fuck did you do to the launcher bar?
Also it runs well on my dankpads, but after 5 minutes the browser crashes and can't be killed using the GUI

You have to be pretty retarded to use a shitty on purpose OS when several free ones exist that were better 10 years ago. Being a music or media hipster is obnoxious but fine in terms of you being able to exist, but when you're a technology hipster, you kind of can't literally do anything any where without running into a brick wall that you're essentially a neo-luddite. You are worse than old people who still have a windows 95 machine for example because they will eventually upgrade, you are forever mentally stuck in that decade.

Amiga, beos, haiku, all the other 80s and early 90s garbage always has its own little retarded anti-community where they feel they have to "fight the good fight" by sticking in that decade. It's funny to see a homebrew version of firefox 3 for example and then the processor burns a hole in the ground trying to render fucking javascript.

>The fuck did you do to the launcher bar?
I put it at the bottom.
>Also it runs well on my dankpads, but after 5 minutes the browser crashes and can't be killed using the GUI
True, but that's only because it is still under development.

Assuming you're not just replying to yourself to bump the thread for attention, this is made specifically to happen on purpose so that you give up and don't use it.

I agree. It's a great hobbyist OS.

The nightly builds are pretty good.

Fuck you, faggot.

>not using Sup Forums X
>2011+6
No, i'm not OP
Anyway, the devs should really implement a hardware accelerated display driver, the current one is useless

Yeah. I'm trying to impress young dumb nigger cunts like you. I just said I use LiGNUx and have been for years, since I wasn't able to use BeOS / Zeta any longer. You have no idea what you're talking about. It was about stability, efficiency and functionality, not the interface. That was just an added bonus. Windows, LiGNUx with any DE or WM, OS X are all bugged out pieces of laggy shit compared to that OS.

Pic related: My original BeOS and Zeta discs on top of the Dell Precision I run Ubuntu on. Maybe you can still find BeOS discs out there, but just try and find Zeta anywhere for purchase. Go back to bed kid.

First, I'm not a hipster. I don't need online friends or real life friends to see what my fucking portable black box has to complete my life.
Second, how the fuck am I terrible then users of Windows 95, which can't do half the shit you can do with Haiku.

Third, did you know that Haiku (unlike most old operating systems you mentioned) is able to run Qt4 and 5 shit, you know the framework that is modern and isn't based on old "90s" technology.

Lastly, how am I stuck in the 90s, is it because I use Haiku that is still in constant development? Great observation retard.

Wasn't Zeta illegal garbage?

It was really just BeOS 5 with some compatibility patches and drivers for somewhat newer hardware. Had a good run with it for a while there.

All you can do is repeat "kid" and "before your time" and meaningless bullshit about how it's supposedly better, this is a pattern repeated in all BSD, obscure linux distros, and previous haiku threads.

Please end my suffering and respond with any legitimate reason to use Haiku over any linux distro. What particular feature or thing does linux not have? You can't do this and will just say "it's not a buggy piece of shit" or "overall system cohesiveness". What does that mean?

Plan9 losers do this as well, they use the word "elegant" or "sane" and will spend decades talking about it yet somehow can't define these words. Could it be, this is all just a game you're playing for attention, you fuck wad.

Plan9 = elegant = Haiku = system cohesion = you are a hipster.

Hey cool you have Qt4 and 5 and shit support. Did you know what else has this? Linux

It will never take off, there's no good reason to use it, and they don't have enough manpower.

A pity.

That's wasn't my argument. I said that it had modern frameworks that are not from the 90s.

?

Nah you can get a lot of things to work with it. Especially radeon hd/r5 cards.

All you can do is repeat "hipster" and "I like sucking daddy's cock" and meaningless television-addled adages about how you know more on a topic you have no experience with, this is a pattern repeated by all children, gaming faggots, and dumb nigger welfare tweens, going way back in time.

Please enlighten me and respond with any legitimate reason why you shouldn't kill yourself. What particular aspect of your life is preventing you from from letting go and doing it already? You can't do this and will just say "but daddy I want to live" or "my life means something to my mommy". What does that even mean?

Thirteen year-old anime kids do this as well, they use the word "meaningful" or "hipster" and will spend decades talking about it yet somehow can't define these words. Could it be, this is all just a game you're playing for attention, you fuck wad.

Video games = fun = Television = me likey = you suck cocks and can't understand words or use google.

You're really blowing folks away, kiddo.

Please don't put me in the same category as that other dude just because I suck cock. That's really rude.
Tyvm

So what megacorp are you shilling for?

>everything but linux is a hipster os
isn't it past your bed time?

holy fuck you're one angry little bitch. you're projecting too, and i've got a feeling you're some faggot underageb& like most everyone else here and all you can do is scream about how you don't like old things and old people. people can like things, even if you don't like thing. fuck off faggot.

canonical should forced beOS based OS instead throwing their shity users to us.

so nobody has still mentioned why beos is better than linux/windows/macos/bsd?