How do I actually get a programming job? The .NET, ASP.NET/MVC/SQL portion I have covered...

How do I actually get a programming job? The .NET, ASP.NET/MVC/SQL portion I have covered, but I never had a reason to learn web shit like javascript and jquery, and every job wants me knowing c# in addition to a handful of web dev frameworks such as agile,react and other bullshit.

Does an entry level position exist where you just need to only know..c#?

There's no such thing as "entry level" in programming jobs, they might be labeled that, but they require years of experience.
They do pay like entry level though, programmers are a dime a dozen and nobody appreciates good work, just so long as your shit code doesn't blow up in the client's face.

DONT get into a "tech company", go into any properly sized company that needs someone with really good CS skills, a factory would be the best place to look for.
>Get inside as desk monkey
>start looking for problems
>develop a solution for such problems
>sell your solutions
>Make that solution "web-based" and rent it instead for extra shekels.

Otherwise you will only end up as another code monkey whitling away at a cubicle

what the fuck is a desk monkey?
i hope you're not suggesting going in as entry level help desk, those offer no room for advancement, you certainly wont be hired into the development department from a lowly IT job

>They do pay like entry level though
Most of the jobs I've seen offered pay 70k+, which is damn good enough for me.

>Otherwise you will only end up as another code monkey whitling away at a cubicle
Doesn't bother me if I'm getting paid good.

Should I just do a bunch of internships, even unpaid?

>those offer no room for advancement,
you dont need offers.
you demand advancements based from your solutions.
>You know, we could make those reports in seconds with a proper database instead of stitching shit in excel for hours
>We could start carrying out our inventories like this, it would be way faster.
>Our webpage could be way better, look at this prototype i have.

Just find a way to get inside and impress your superiors with your solutions.

NEVER LET THEM GET A HOLD OF THEM, SHOW THEM THE PROOF OF CONCEPT AND THEN DEMAND MORE FOR YOUR PROGRESS.

Read The Pragmatic Programmer, great book , allowed me to become a CShad

>do work on company time
>be forced to hand over scripts written on company time
>your meager job gets replaced with a script that you wrote

>>your meager job gets replaced with a script that you wrote
>not making it web-based so you can pull the plug if they ever try to cross you.

wut ar u, casul?

>passing confidential internal company data to a 3rd party VPS that you have no control over
enjoy getting sued and blackballed

you should probably attempt what you preach before you go around larping as an IT professional

>write code
>write up EULA, get positive acceptance from boss _in_writing_
>renegotiate licence when you leave, or rip software out from under them if feasible

Search some person, need some system to control HR,sales, warehouse, get job as developer, salary wont be high buy is getting job, make something,experience, plus this company could recommend to another companies, you could use new tech, build some C.V.

EULAs are not enforcable and are not legally binding.

>s/EULA/formal contract/g
or something that _is_ legally binding. (I mean, courts have gone both ways on this, the enforceability of the GPL has come into question at least once in the last 30 years)

>you should probably attempt what you preach before you go around larping as an IT professional

look boy, we may not even be from the same continent but such process has allowed me to put food in my mouth for quite some time.

You dont need to put all of the most sensible data outside the company, mayb just carry around a engine in a zip disquette or similar and present your measly progres, afterwards show the potential to do way more and get explicit permit to work with the companies data

and get your own home-server fucking faggot.

Is it at all possible to get a job as a developer without a degree?

no

>to get a job as a developer without a degree?

Make your work speak for you and not some worthless paper.

Make them really debate over not employing you because of some title.

It also helps not having competition

you better hope nobody in the queue has a degree over you, because they will be picked 100% of the time over you, even if you developed some tool that they use daily.

Put it on a resume like you used it

Go study it to where you can answer interview questions

Recieve offer and then learn methodologies from peers as to how they write their framework code base, not like they can fire you unless you really fuck something up

I agree though user Web dev framework treadmill shuffle is literally satan

if the entry level position needs something, then just get some surface level knowledge of it and build a super shitty project. Act like you know ur shit in the interview and learn on the job.

Entry level jobs aren't usually hard even if you don't know all the tech so long as you have a good foundation in some kind of programming skill.

>.NEET
>Jobs
AhAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

>"you've done impressive work but..."
>rolls out white board

Why the hell are you putting in the big 3 companies such as fucking Microsoft and Google? Unless you're from some top school or did damn well in college, you arent getting in.

And to be frank, I don't WANT to be in them. I just want a stress free comfy programming job that pays around 50~60k

I made it to the final round interview at Microsoft before. Chill people, super smart. But, at the end of the day, I couldn't shake a "large software shop" feeling I got there. Like, they weren't this huge innovative company, but just a software shop that just happened to build their own OS. Again, still cool shit going on over there. Just a weird feeling.