Does Magic still exist in your country?

Does Magic still exist in your country?

I'm not talking about Wicca or Neo-pagan bullshit, but actual creepy magic that has been practiced since ancient times?

In Thailand we still have spirit workers who cast spells for good luck and such.

We also have black magic which involves entrapping unfortunate spirits to use them for bad uses.

Magic spells is often written in ancient letters and can be tattooed, worn as talismans, or be hung on a cloth.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BCJhRfwylSI
newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=4095.0
youtube.com/watch?v=YKVlMMbTI9s
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolfo_Constanzo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Illuminati, Masons, and such are everywhere out here. Should go without saying that they're on some shady occult shit

Interesting, in western Europe the only remnants of such thinking may be Tarot-reading which can be tracked back at least 500 years (so probably not really ancient.) and has stayed quiete popular with some superstitious people believing into it genuinly.

Also the common catholic "the whine and Bread your eating just got transformed into the flesh and blood of god" belief which needs a priest to invocate something on Latin to work and therefore might qualifie as a spell as an onlooker.

Older beliefs in magic which are not wicca-tier bullshit or from the 19th century are all dead tho.

yeah

Like what lad? The only magic I ever see in this country is after dropping some ecstasy and watching to gypsies scrap

no

don't ever ask this again

There's Scandinavian folk magic known as trolldom, where use of human remains is well documented. This tradition is pretty much extinct at this point though, and animal bones are usually used as a substitute.

Oy vey don't let the goyim know of us finding the ancient hidden black magic that we found under the temple of Solomon and use to control the world! Silly goy

>A nithing pole (Old Norse: níðstang), sometimes normalized as nithstang or nidstang, was a pole used for cursing an enemy in Germanic pagan tradition.

>A nithing pole event appears in Egils saga:

>"And when all was ready for sailing, Egil went up into the island. He took in his hand a hazel-pole, and went to a rocky eminence that looked inward to the mainland. Then he took a horse's head and fixed it on the pole. After that, in solemn form of curse, he thus spake: 'Here set I up a curse-pole, and this curse I turn on king Eric and queen Gunnhilda. (Here he turned the horse's head landwards.) This curse I turn also on the guardian-spirits who dwell in this land, that they may all wander astray, nor reach or find their home till they have driven out of the land king Eric and Gunnhilda.' This spoken, he planted the pole down in a rift of the rock, and let it stand there. The horse's head he turned inwards to the mainland; but on the pole he cut runes, expressing the whole form of curse." - Egils Saga, Chapter LX (60)

>The Icelandic Vatnsdæla saga records that when Finbogi failed to show up for a holmgång (duel), Jökul raised a nithing pole against Finbogi for his cowardice by carving out a human head which was placed on a post with magic runes, killing a mare, and then placing the post into the mare's breast with the head facing towards Finbogi's dwelling.

>In Iceland there are modern examples of a nithing pole being raised. It is thought that the tradition has continued unbroken since the settlement of Iceland. A notable example from 2006 happened when a farmer in Bíldudalur, claiming direct descent from Egill Skallagrímsson, raised a pole with a calf's head attached against another local man with a note attached to the effect that he would not rest until the man was either outlawed or dead. The reason the nithing pole was raised was that the man had run over the former's puppy.

Oh we have something similar. We use real human bones though :/

yes we have wizards as well

That's what was used before, might still happen now and then. It's a pretty interesting tradition, way better than that rune magick bullshit. Unfortunately very little material has been translated into English, which is why the English speaking "Norse magic" community is so retarded.

but you are aware that this "magic" doesnt actually work, right?

His seems to be real

There are some niggers who does black magic and natives in Amazon who drug themselves to gain powers from god.

Lol killuminatee XDXDXD

This is our boss in charge of magic affairs.

youtube.com/watch?v=BCJhRfwylSI

Kind of, I have personality witnesses some creepy shit happening in front of my eyes. It's pointless to talk about it though because most people would shrug it off as some dumb trick or superstition. I know I would to

My decreased grandfather entered my own mother's body to scold his daughter-in-law in front of 30+ relatives during a soul calling ritual, the tone of speech was definitely his. My mother doesn't remember any of it when I asked her later, and there is literally no reason for her to pretend something like that.

Things like this happen around here a lot, I don't fully believe it but at least I'm not in denial that such force actually exist.

Talking in tongues, faith healing and belief in evil spirits.

>evil spirits
Evil spirits are scared of rattling iron, the skulls of beavers and seals also ward them off.

Tell the priest you have given more in donation to the church and the spirit goes away.

I'm afraid not. Everything's Christianized and transformed into """traditions""" during the last 1k years anyway.

Do old people belief in this stuff or some younger ones too is the question?

While having a "guardian angel" Is something like 60% of germans belief for example and which will probably survive for a longer time, I have never heard of anyone under the age of 30 who is christian, who for example, has christian folk beliefs anymore, such as putting an icon of a certain saint in your car to aid you.

"Magic" has been entirely shoven into the realm of modern spiritism and all the tacky and flat bullshit that comes with it.

>personal experiences
newagefraud.org/smf/index.php?topic=4095.0

that "whitu piggu dont defile my religion" catbus guy seems authenthic and has something interesting to tell about kinda similar experiences which might interest you.

After I refused to give them money, a gypsy threw chicken bones at me and cursed me in a crude mix of german, enligsh and gypsy language.

So yes, magic traditions are alive and well here.

When you build a new house, you bury a dead cat on the same spot with the same burial rites you would make for a human. The spirit of the animal will protect the house then.

From what I know some rural places still do this. Pretty sure that's from pre-christian beliefs.

What?
If that is true it be old as fuck, as the romans already did that.
>some rural places still do this.
Do you have any german source for it, im very curious.

It's true. He's right.

I've read similar stuff in Scandinavian sources. I also read about letting a cat out in the house when it's new and divine something from it's reaction.

Yeah, shit like that in the alps

There are also some creepy ass carnival customs the church tried to outlaw

Netherlands/Frisia has a lot of those sun faces people hang up i heard...once read an article by a disgruntled christfag who claimed it's literally paganism

Why is rune magick or magic or whatever, less credible than other forms of norse magic? It's documented that people used runes for curses and blessings.

>Setting a world record
>Still has time to act fancy
Fucking Hans man

Sure, but meditating on runes and shit is just a bunch of new age bullshit. Runes don't have any power on their own by the way, the power is in the words you write.

Another thing that comes to my mind is that the turkish immigrants sometimes have those blue glass eyes in their kebabshops which are said to protect you from the evil eye.
I dont know if its

Espeacially protestants cannot into fun and tradition.
Tried to outlaw maypole dancing for some time out of similar reasons.

>its documented
May not mean it has been passed down.
If the only source you have is some disgruntled priest ranting about it, or some roman writing about how he saw the barbarian tribes doing it, then you can stick any reenactment of this down your ass for the same reason a tourist watching a bhuddist monk in burma for 10 minutes wont be a learned meditator once he gets home and sits crosslegged on his bed in the night in order to "try east asian spirituality out".

Ironically, the Protestant German regions still have their "christmas man" (rooted in Odin/Wotan) while the Catholic ones have Christkindl

Sounds like you've studied the subject. Mind pointing me in a direction where I could learn more?

And I guess you mean like wicca meditating, right? How do you suggest it is supposed to be done?

Actually I believe the sagas mention it quite frequently. But I have never heard of any "how to curse your bonde neighbour saga", so maybe it is lost all the same.

I've mostly read notes from folklore archives, where you can find lots of info if you're willing to dig around. Not sure how the content of Norwegian-language tests compares to Swedish-language ones though.

There shouldn't be any meditation on the runes at all, they don't mean anything on their own.

we have powerful Siberian shamanism, it's called the Orthodox Church

yes, people love magic, blood rituals, and pray to the death here.

youtube.com/watch?v=YKVlMMbTI9s

don't you have black magic too

yes there is magic but it was never fancy, more of the witch doctor/herbalist kind. people from the countryside go to them as a cheaper alternative to modern medicine
then there's been an increase in "brazilian" practicioners of macumba and umbanda, which are afrobrazilian cults but here are used for cursing or blessing spells. methinks those are scammers

You should check out the work of Johannes Gårdbäck too. He has written one book in English about the subject, while it feels a bit lacking it's a good introduction.

well, magic works but doesn't work at the same time. cause-effect illusion doesn't remove the fact that some creepy or miraculous things happen all the time. if anything, it gives placebo effect on the targets

Oh, I didnt knew that.
My protestant aunt calls for the christmas man for her children, while my mother who came from a staunchly catholic family made me believe into Christ coming in form of a child.

On the other hand, the "christmas man" in catholic tradition blends with saint Nicolas who has a designated day some weeks before the holy week.

>cursing
Heard ridiculous storys about african beliefs in curses, villages being extremely paranoid about people burying stuff under each others doorsteps or trying to get into possesion of hairs and shit.
Id be wary of that.

Superstition is a good thing as long as it reaffirms you in life or death, you do something-know that you have to do it the mundane way-but also do some trick so you feel better about it because "doubled it works better for sure".
Or someone dies and you have a set of rules and rites to do in order to give you something meaningful to do and concentrate one in the time of shock and devastation.
Ive read about african magic healers for example who now actually start visiting medical exams and send their clients to the nearest nursery while using their rites as a strictly accompanying measure that consolidates and easens the medical procedures for the afflicted.
Thats how we should preserve this stuff.

The moment you start to fear your beliefs for no good reason and detached from any ethical consideration, use them to completely replace medical solutions in critical cases or concentrate on harming others which poisons social relations in a community shit is in need of a serious despooking.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolfo_Constanzo

What's wrong with Mexicans?