>4k?
>LED or LCD?
>response time?
>pixel density/size
>cost?
it's all so confusing.

Other urls found in this thread:

thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-27-inch-monitor/
newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009769&cm_re=144hz_monitor-_-24-009-769-_-Product
twitter.com/AnonBabble

nvm found one I want

delete this i am op

I'll PM you which monitor you should get, check your inbox

Mod here, check your inbox to confirm the deletion of this thread. Have a bless day.

GSync or FREESYNC?

XF270HU

You mean Xf270huA

Wait for
>120hz
>4k
>OLED

Anything else is dated technology

opls
go:
240hz
Kazakhstan is bringing back plasma tvs in the near future. just wait.

TN
3Hz
800x601
LCD
1000ms
10ppi
10,000,000rs

thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-27-inch-monitor/
I always use the wirecutter for stuff like this - got their budget benq one and couldnt be happier

lots of Hz if you're a gaymer

4k otherwise

>20 carrots is a lot of carrots
>lots of Hz for gayming
>20Hz for gayming
OP get a 20Hz 1280x720 monitor as you're obviously going to game on it

>20 carrots is a lot of carrots
4u

curved or not curved?
3d or not 3d?
16:9 or 21:9?

>buget.

enoy the shitty monitor experience you idiot. You dont buy the budget monitor.

1440p 144Hz TN.
IPS if you have too much money.

What's the cheapest IPS 1440p monitor one can find

Play competitively? TN 144-240hz 22-28" depending on budget and preference

Otherwise IPS 60hz and as high res as your budget goes. I recommend professional grade calibrated monitors like HP Z-series if you're gonna trust and use it for a long time.

OLED is expensive and has burn-in after years of use but if you're a contrast freak, go for it. But IPS is still very pleasant to look at.

Look at many options for a long while and then get a good deal.

OLED will not be ideal for a long time. I’m just sick of waiting on 120 Hz 4K G Sync.

Is the LG OLED55C7V the best tv for gayming?

anything CRT with VGA resolution

Yes, the OLED LG TVs are amazing. Mine is the 2016 model, pretty sure the screen didn't change for the 2017 model.

Dell U2515H I think, my current monitor.

VA seems to be a good middle ground. Way better visual quality over TN, darker blacks, superior colours and contrast etc. but has better response times than IPS and doesn't cost as much either.

>Kazakhstan is bringing back plasma tvs in the near future. just wait.

wait what

I have one from Acer that I got on sale for about 250 bucks.

16:10
VA
Avoid 'gaymen' monitors and consumer grade models

Will prices for 144Hz 27' monitors come down any time soon do you think? Any good candidates are all ridiculously priced at the moment.

There's a dell 27" 144hz 1440p gsync for 499 at microcenter
Way cheaper than other offerings with similar specs

>microcenter
i just bought that after seeing this thread.

Bought what ?

Dragon dildo

i just switched from 60hz to a 144hz Gsync monitor and it was the best thing i've done in 5 years

good i just ended up buying this gsync here

CRT

>tfw bought a cheap samsung pls monitor and it's almost as good as dells that cost almost double the price

Do you have the Samsung and the Dell? otherwise how do you know?

i have multiple dells in my job and my friend has 2 almost new dell 1440p displays
the only difference i see is that my screen has a slightly bigger problem with ips glow, otherwise it's pretty close

Just some advice:

I went dual 4k last month. I regret buying a dual 1440p monitor setup back in January.

It will depend on prices and availability in your area but so close to 2018 it's 4k VA or IPS that's the obvious choices.

4k IPS panels were like .. wtf that's a lot of money back in January (why I went with two AOC 1440p's). Prices have really come down since this summer.

As for 60Hz vs 144Hz, you're pretty much limited to 60Hz unless you accept man-let 1080p resolution.

And TN vs IPS? TN is just horrible. You absolutely do not want TN because it's got washed out colors and it's generally shit. It really is shit compared to both VA and IPS.

I guess the question you should ask yourself is what will you be doing with your monitor?

If you are ONLY going to be "gaming" on the monitor then go buy yourself a shitty TN panel with a pathetic low 1080p resolution and all those 144Hz. If you're going to do any kind of image editing or video editing ever and want a monitor that's not outdated in 3 months then get a 60Hz 4k IPS panel.

>my CPU can't drive 240hz
>my GPU can't drive 1440p

What's the cheapest 144hz 1080p monitor, no memesyncs or freesync, only feature I 'need' is audio jack out

Is this a good monitor? I'm looking for 1440p 144hz for games and this seems alright unless I'm missing something. Cheap as it gets in Canada too.

newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009769&cm_re=144hz_monitor-_-24-009-769-_-Product

Whats the sweet spot for 1080p monitor size? Currently have a 21,5 inch monitor, which i want to ditch bc i need one with hdmi(current has only dvi and vga), and i want többet something bigger, but not to the point where pixels get noticeably far from each other

Unless you're into competitive memesports just go with a nice 60Hz IPS.

TN is cheaper and can have better refresh rates, but it looks like shit compared to IPS.

I have a gtx1060 6gb, looking for 1080p display
Should i get a 16:9 144hz tn or a 16:10 60hz ips

i feel 27" is the sweet spot.

Since this thread is still here and I don't want to create a new one, please tell me if there's a way to adjust monitor setting so that its output image is similar to the same monitor with normal setting but limited RGB? Mine is DELL U2515H by the way.
The reason I'm asking this retarded question is because my Wii U doesn't support full RGB on HDMI for some fucking reason so now I'm trying to change my U2515H into limited RGB somehow, just so the colors don't look washed out as fuck.

20 carrots is a lot? No. 20 tons of carrots is a lot.

at 1080p the pixels are gonna look like bricks

24" for sure

ehh not really. are you 3 inches away from the monitor with a magnifying glass?

It’s a computer monitor, the pixels are visible from several feet away even at 2560x1440.

Old 1080p/ 1650

You get 144-240hz to exclusively play CSGO.
If you buy this to play any AAA you'll find a pretty hard time, specially if you want to go way above 1080p.
Probably way better to go IPS 4K instead.

144hz 1 ms 27" 1440p G-Sync

Self bump for opinions

Anyone here using a Nvidia gpu with a non gsync high refresh monitor? What it like? Is gsync required for anything less than 144 fps?