Unity user u're welcome

Join the masterrace DE.

>inb4 gnome shill call it buggy
I hope all your extension will not break after the last gnome update : ^ )

>implying gnome needs extensions

GNOME devs removed the tray and all the tray extensions are abandoned. Top kek.

Plz, stap!

enjoy your shitty little "app" menu

Unfortunately KDE is our only hope now, the last time i used it (~2012) it was a decent replacement except for little things like hud, win-key+number bindings and graphics inconsistencies (unity was the most polished DE for gnu/linux, no contest)
Maybe after these years it's even better, I should try it again, maybe also xfce, my friends use it and it seems to have finally lost that win95 look and has modern features like windows snapping to borders

>the last time i used it (~2012)

Seriously give it a try now, It's come a long way.

I remember when KDE 4.0 came out, a shitfest of bugs and performance problems, a lot of them fixed after a few releases (still the "KDE is instable" meme persisted for years in the gnu/linux community, just like all the hate unity got because of the shitty first versions)

I thought waiting for KDE 5 to stabilize a little was necessary, meanwhile I've settled to unity after the god-tier ubuntu 12.04
now that unity is dead and gnome is braindead the only sensible DEs are XFCE and KDE

Is kubuntu good or should I go arch+kde?

kubuntu should be ok with backport, use KDE Neon if you don't need new kernel

If you try KDE on Arch, don't come here pretending KDE is buggy, it's Arch.
KDE have a lot of packages and is often updates and that's why it will be less stable than a lighter DE like XFCE on a rolling release

>Unfortunately
>Hasn't used it in half a decade
KDE is pretty fucking wonderful if you want a full DE rather than just a WM. I used KDE back in 1994 and loved it, but somewhere around KDE 3.x it started going to total shit and I became a full on KDE hater. It was slow, buggy, programs crashed all the time and if you tried to get help online the generic reply was "it's KDE". Then came 4.x and plasma.... And it started out as total shit 2.0, this ugly amalgamation of qt3 and qt4 that was not in any way consistent. Now, however, it looks great and even manages to make gtk widgets conform to your theme settings for a very fluid and consistent DE. It can still be a little resource heavy if you leave the compositing enabled, etc but otherwise it's solid as fuck.

>implying it doesn't need extensions to make it barely usable

>Using Operations system in your native language
Disgusting

>open libreoffice, maximize it
>open picture folder, maximize it
>try to drag'n'drop a picture from folders to libreoffice by moving it to the dock, like on windows, mac os,unity,kde...
>can't
>>gnome don't need extensions

>not using a language where `free as free beer` and `free as in freedom` aren't the same word

I'm not talking about arch bugs, kde 4.0 was bug ridden in ubuntu, fedora, opensuse and debian, the transition was terrible, as also said

kubuntu was never good everytime I've tried it, a lot of bugs and adding repos was even worse

arch was a lot better in my opinion, I just don't have the time anymore to maintain a DIY distro, I was wondering what is the best noob-friendly distro with a kde flavour

>what is the best noob-friendly distro with a kde flavour
KDE Neon, it's an Ubuntu LTS with up-to-date KDE, maintains by KDE devs

>using the smiley with a carat nose

>

> implying it can be made usable by slapping extensions onto it

it is broken beyond repair

This^ kek

>not using budgie

>drag to the hot corner
>drop on the libreoffice window
Retard.

>just do it in your way it will works

that's why Gnome will never work, you can't escape a normie to find this by itself

*our