Why do people hate rust?

It looks like more beginner friendly C++ to me

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Uocesohc6Z0
archive.is/b7gc1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because it's powered by inbred SJW antifa trannies.

And it doesn't solve anything.

I'll be totally honest, almost all large tech groups have these “SJW”s, probably including languages like Haskell etc etc

Literally this
youtube.com/watch?v=Uocesohc6Z0

"have" being the keyword. Not powered or funded by.

>beginner friendly C++
C++ is a beginner friendly Rust

>Why do people hate rust?
There are only 1 turbo autist that complains about it. I don't know what makes him so insecure about a programming language

fuck off Sup Forums

>no u

>muh Sup Forums in a nutshell

rust syntax is a total mess, literally worse than perl

Nothing is messier than perl, except for brainfuck, and that's why I love it. Rust is just garbage all-round.

Why would anyone hate rust? We hate rust shills.

People do not hate Rust. It's just one or two basement dwelling Sup Forums cross boarders

And yet the crux of the complain against Rust is maah es jay double-you.
Really makes you think.

>Not powered or funded
That depends , if Google and MSoft are evil “SJWs” to you then C# and go are evil aswell

I'm saying like Rust is more friendlier for making production level applications, at least for beginners

And we hate C# and Go too. Or at least I do.

> we
kys

> Stack Overflow

So, trash developers who follow trends? Sure.

>I'm saying like Rust is more friendlier for making production level applications, at least for beginners
Nope, in fact you can sell C++ as a beginner language (worked for me) but not Rust. However Rust has advantages in ways that C++ will never be able to achieve. Currently, as a language, Rust is very very strict. Which is both good and bad.

>kys
>Stack Overflow is trash devs
Hmm, I wonder how old you might be.

> I'm saying like Rust is more friendlier for making production level applications, at least for beginners

Why would someone use Rust to make anything high level? There's much better languages with non-meme libraries to accomplish that in matter of weeks...

Such as?

He will never answer that question.

> Hmm, I wonder how old you might be.

The site is filled by JS/Python/PHP manchild tier devs who can't write a sort algorithm without copy-paste. Your survey is a irrelevant meme

Period.

Do you expect anyone to believe that you are any better?

>The site is filled by JS/Python/PHP manchild tier devs
Sorry I never stepped in those sections.
I believe you did though.

I don't care. Unironically.

>stackoverflow
Used to be good, but it's in the middle of a rapid SJW infestation right now, I'm going to take anything from there with a huge grain of salt:

archive.is/b7gc1

> Kristina Lustig - UX Researcher

kek

Virtually any language which brings more abstraction. C'mon faggot... The average daily developer wants frameworks, good tutorials and wise mentorship... What does rust have? Nothing, even a IDE is lacking. I would pick C#/Java/Go for random stuff anyday, C/C++ for performance and Lua/Python for scripting.

it's done.

Just because I know PHP, doesn't mean I want to.

Now a C# developer by trade, but JS/TS for pet projects.

>C#/Java/Go
These aren't Rust's competition at all. You are dumb if you think so.
Rust competes with C/C++. Rust has a lot of advantages over C/C++. It has a sane standard build system, package/build manager, git based library repository, strict move/borrow/lifetime concepts and on top of that it has some high level constructs like ADT, pattern matching, Traits, ranges etc.
There is a considerable amount of performance gap between C/C++/Rust and whatever the fuck Garbage collected VM langs.

>IDE support
Rust has one of the best open language server to this date. Clangd is still under development. Languages like C/C++ MAKE you depend on an IDE because of the lack of standard build system, header/source function signature synchronization etc. This is not the case with Rust and some other modern languages.

Next time make sure you know half the things about what you are trying to talk about, idiot

>git based library repository
Sounds like npm-shit tier. Am I right?

You can point to dependencies as a path, git repository, svn repository, or a version from crates.io or a local registry.

The crates.io and local registry index file is stored in a git repository. Published versions of packages are stored as tarballs.

>this language is insufficient for my non-programmer needs as it was created by people whose political position offends me greatly

Because some faggot always offlines you while you sleep. That's why I hate Rust.

There is a lot of rust hype, so people react against it.

It seems a cool language, but it's just a fucking programming language

Also your image is shit, whoever made the comparison was thinking about C/C++, there are more languages you know

rly maxe u think

Sup Forums hates everything, including life itself.

To be fair, life is fucking terrible and you have to be a retarded worm to enjoy it.

> Sane standard build system

Autotools/CMake/Scons/Build2

> package manager

vcpkg = windows
distro repository = linux
Conan

> git based library repository

No advantage lol

> strict move/borrow/lifetime concepts and on top of that it has some high level constructs like ADT, pattern matching, Traits, ranges

Buzzwords.

Show me your unfinished meme projects, faggot.

>> package manager
>vcpkg = windows
>distro repository = linux
>Conan
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>standard build system

>Autotools/CMake/Scons/Build2
>Stamdard
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

>Move concept
>Buzzword
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

i don't ever see them trying to solve the problem of a lack of women in hard labor, firefighting, plumbing, etc...

or lack of men in teaching, nursing, etc...

>Sup Forums in a nutshell

stop pretending you know what Sup Forums users are or have to be
go back to plebit you politically correct mong, trannies are mentally ill and were ever they appear they start projecting to their environment like all crazy people do

Its because they think that all what matters its power so that's their aim. Then they disguise their narcissistic psychopathic tendencies in a virtue signaling system to fool dumb people so when they reach a position where they can abuse power they will do it for the benefit of their in-group.
Literally handbook closet nazis.

To mention a couple of actual reasons to hate on Rust:

- no support for specialization, an RFC has been accepted for it but for many uses it's still not enough, even with lattice rules it wouldn't be enough to be useful, there needs to be some kind of explicit ordering to resolve overlaps
- no support for negative reasoning, negative bounds would solve so many things, and all the bike shedding around it is about what constitutes a breaking change and what doesn't, for fuck's sake
- no support for HKT, which would make some code possible to write which is impossible right now, for instance a generic type over Rc or Arc, ATC might kind of make this possible, but still not next door, might be years
- std::ops::Deref is shit, with HKT it would become much more powerful, you could return your own Ref

However not a single one of the vocal trolls has advanced / specific enough needs or even knows enough programming to complain about any of these, except maybe about variadic / numeric generics. Even so you rarely see them complain about that.
And then again those are insufficiencies, not really reasons to "hate" on Rust.

They're not "insufficiencies", they're lack of really important features.

Lack of proper specialization hits hard when you try to optimize things, and sometimes hits hard in general because you're limited to the fancy things you can do.

Lack of const generics hits hard any kind of number crunching library. Lack of a good SIMD story hits hard the same.

Lack of HKT hits hard library writers and users because so many things either cannot be done or you need to go the ugly unergonomic way or you need to make a decision for your users.

C++ is still superior to Rust when it comes to things you can do in a library, the only downside is """safety""" which can be handled anyway if you're not retarded and use sanitizers and fuzz testing.

Rust is superior in some things to C++ but as things stand it's either "Rust lacks this thing from C++, but there's an RFC that's been open for 2 years, so it's coming!" or "C++ lacks this thing from Rust/Haskell/YourMom, but there have been dozens of proposals for the past 3 standardizations".

Yeah, this does not sound too bad. It's not Go "reverse the syntax used by every other programming language ever because of muh feels" level issues that makes it into total garbage and will never go away.

Rust seems like a comfy language, the only thing I don't like about it is much of the high level features seems like afterthoughts, and you basically end up with some core objects with a bunch of wacky annotations on them. Hard to describe. A bit like C++ OOP compared to Java (it just looks and feels a lot messier). This is just personal opinion though.

People who talk about "safe" code should be put down, nobody cares.

if a group is aggressively trying to ruin our community and society in general there is no way I'd ever support anything they do

>That depends , if Google and MSoft are evil “SJWs” to you then C# and go are evil aswell
Yes, that's right.

Do you understand why providing 4 responses to the notion of a standard build system is automatically wrong?

have you considered that theres like 300 total people in "antifa" and that they're all retarded college students who have done nothing meaningful

Jesus, the world's worst trannie reveals himself.

Do you even realize how god awful the Rust """"build"""" process is?

The build scripts are an unconfigurable black box, they adhere to no standards. It supports no advanced build logic in any way. You can't tell it you depend on a binary of another crate. You can't tell it to use a specific COMPILER FLAG FOR COMPILATION because the shiny new systems programming language wants platform-independent packages. You get somehing-sys packages where every maintainer uses a different way to ship the underlying library (so much for platform-independence) and as I said every build script is a fucking black box so don't expect to change something without a fork.

1) Does not fill any actual niche
2) Horrifyingly ugly
3) Major advocate of this fucking insane "code of conduct" bullshit that keeps circling the web
Rust is a useless language. At least Go fills the niche of dead-simple concurrency in a C-like syntax.

The only Sup Forums-acceptable language as far as I can figure, if it's origin/designer really does matter, is HolyC

Was it Rust or Ruby that changed FactoryGirl to FactoryBot?

Ruby. I know because I broke this news to my workplace as a heads up.

I cringed. Calm down, kid, you might hurt yourself.

That was a good day of shitposting.
>tfw the person who had the idea was male
>everyone who wanted it/cared was male
>the only woman posted saying that it seemed like a waste of everyone's time
Fucking white knights, I swear.

It's a distraction. Mozilla could be working on a good browser, but instead these tards make a diversity hire friendly language instead. Not to mention shit like Hello, redesigning the GUI over and over, and that "Hello" thing they shoved in.

>1) Does not fill any actual niche
Yeah, nobody wants a GC-less memory safe programming language that can run on bare metal if needed with performance equal to C.

>2) Horrifyingly ugly
Have an interface {}, you deserve it.

>3) Major advocate of this fucking insane "code of conduct" bullshit that keeps circling the web
u wot

Where is Haskell on there?