PSU

PSU: Top or Bottom?

Bottom means lower center of mass. Much more stable.

Usually top, but bottom is good if she's up for it

I have only seen the top configuration on old cases.

Unless you buy the cheapest one you can find today, you will get a bottom mount one.

>she (male)

bottom, psu temp will be much lower

Bottom. Top tends to fuck with large heatsinks, radiators, or AIOs. If it doesn't disrupt that it can be good for airflow, but meh. It's an older style and less compatible with current enthusiast trends.

Nice.

part of the design for PSU's since the P4 and Athlon Thunderbird is to have heat drawn out of the machine through the psu. Heat rises, thus having the PSU at the top makes sense.

Also this. PSU efficiency drops with heat. The system power draw will increase if you pump all your component heat through the PSU.

fpbp

well played.

Top, its better to have the electrons to flow naturally faster from top to buttom

Fan up or down?

I prefer up, but it's not a deal breaker if it's down as long as there's an air filter under it.

Top and bottom. I think the Roswill Rise adnd some other cases are dual psu

Bottom with fan facing down

The fan is the intake. Take a guess if you want hot air from the case or cool air from outside.

>Heat rises, thus having the PSU at the top makes sense.
This meme isn't true in cases with fans. A single fan completely overrides convection.

More dust, though. If you have proper ventilation, the air inside the case shouldn't heat up much, either.

Bottom so it doesn't crush everything if I happened to not secure it correctly

Top in a low performance PC so you can get away with only one case fan or none at all
Bottom in a high performance PC
Front in an ITX PC

Bottom is shit if your PC is on the ground.

If the case is on the floor, bottom PSU/fan down will suck in a lot of dust.

wtf does yours levitate?

Hot air always moves up

Not of you use an anti dust PSU

>NVIDA

what if you have anti-psu dust?

Dam

You obviously get an anti-anti-psu dust psu then.

But Sup Forums tells me to only get 500W 80 bronze.