What was the best smartphne ever released?

And why was it the LG Nexus 5? 400€ + 10€ shipping.

I purchased this badboy on the day it was made available and haven't regretted it since. Running Android 7.1.2 thanks to Lineage OS. I hope they, or someone else, bring a stable Oreo for the hammerhead.

The only thing that sucks about the Nexus 5 is the battery. And when you want to replace it you got the choice between a knockoff and a "refurbished" battery. I have gotten used to charge my N5 in the afternoon, and when I stay out late I got my powerbank. Battery situation really isn't optimal but I've gotten used to it.

I very likely have more apps installed then you, judging by all those extreme-minimalistic homescreen threads. Multitasking between them is no problem on the Nexus 5. The hardware is still solid!

The camera, the iPhone at the time was totally ahead but it was also twice the price. I have my DSLR for taking proper pictures. My phones camera just has to photograph license plates, the slow autofocus is definitely a minus.

If my Nexus 5 was to break tonight I would purchase a Note8. But if that soldier stays strong I will keep him. There really is no upgrade aside from screensize/bodysize (in which category the N5 was already fantastic for its time), better battery, and much better camera.

What does Sup Forums think was the best smartphone ever made?

Galaxy S5

Unironically wanted to answet 'Nexus 5' as soon I started reading this post. Great phone and I still have it, though I only keep it as my backup phone in case my regular one breaks.

My backup smartphone is my moms old Nexus 4. Too bad we cheaped out on the storage and got the 8GB model...

I burned through multiple nexus 5 as they all shit themselves (I was very careful with them). On the contrary I've never had problems with Samsung phones.

Yeah, my sister had a "lemon" Nexus 5 as well... Then she got a 1+3 and recently asked me about a replacement for that... Meanwhile I'm still enjoying for 0day-N5..

DUDE

I've got my Nexus 5 still going strong, I've got used to the battery problem with a big power bank.

I'm finding that it can get pretty slow. I'm guessing it's particular apps that have services and the like running in the background, but I am not sure how best to work out which apps are causing the issue.

Lumia 830

WEED LMAO

OnePlus One

Moto G5 Plus is the Nexus 5 successor. Every bit as solid with vastly superior battery life.

Are you still running old stock or a custom ROM?

Perfectly fine as long as you don't run shitty nornalfag stuff and use microg

Lineage OS weeklies.

z1 compact

The Nexus 5 (32 GB) is THE best phone ever made. None of you cucks can argue that.

The original Mi Mix before they made it literally worse.

so what can you get today for 400€? Serious question, thats about my budget

The original Moto G was pretty gud desu.
Came with 4.2 Jelly Bean and got 5.0 Lollipop as the last official update, and it got 7.1 Nougat thanks to Lineage.
Also a 16gb phone for just 100 dollars was a pretty good deal for me back in 2013, when you could get phones with only 8gb and shitty single-core processors at the same price.

Too bad Lenovo fucked the Moto lineup adding the C and Z lines. E, G and X were just fine since they were low, mid and high budget phone respectively, but then those retarded chinks decided to put C and Z because lol reasons

I have a question for you Sup Forumsents should I purchase a ZTE Axon 7 with daydream headset both brand new in box for $340? I'm upgrading from Lg G2.

no dude, even Amazon is cheaper then that.

this
had the original Moto G for 3 years until the 16gb wasnt enough anymore

DUDE

DUDE WEED

>mfw my 0day Nexus 5 is starting to loose wifi, battery is swelling and powerbutton is starting to die
Goodbye, old friend. You had a good run.

Either Nokia N9 or Nexus 5.

D U D E
U
D
E

UMI Diamond

6p

I don't want outdated shit

Motorola Moto G

Nexus 5 with Lineage OS is over 9000

I've had the E2 for about 2 years now and it's fantastic

If you're talking about the hammerhead, it is really he nicest smartphone ever made.

The Nexus 6 was the perfect sized phone.

I have no idea why they discontinued that line or never released a follow up

The E2 was pretty nice. Wasn't that one the Moto E that was almost identical to the G gen 1?

Any huawei

Samsung S2.

That there was the height of perfection for me.

Everybody who disagrees should not be on Sup Forums.

/thread

Amazon has it for $430 but okay.

>buys the "best phone in the world"
>puts a giant bogger on it

> nexus 5
> no removable battery
> no expandable memory
> best

HTC One m8

This

I didn't come here for feels :(

I have both phones
The s2 and nexus 5 , too bad i have screen burn on the s2 , but still rocking like a bitch .

I don't regret the n5 but the battery is just fucking terrible.

let us pay our respects

This is now a homescreen thread

if it had an ir blaster and a removable battery, it would be the htc 10.

>What was the best X and why was it Y??????
These threads need to stop.

I'd have to say galaxy note 4
>headphone jack
>microSD slot
>replaceable battery
>fast charging
>AMOLED screen
There is not a single phone on the market that has all of these together, but this one
One minus would be that it's a phablet, i can only dream that moto g6 gets an oled screen, then it would win (assuming the battery is still replaceable)

>best phone ever made
>not a SD835 with EAS kernel

Objectively wrong.

Send by hammerhead
>battery
my third battery is from a g2 but I didn't even cut the frame
>repairability
never thought I would be a droplet but the screen was 30 bucks
>speed
good enough but I plan to move on by 2019, after six years
some xiaomi I guess

>What does Sup Forums think was the best smartphone ever made?
Nokia E71
Nokia N8
Nokia N900
Nokia N9
Blackberry Q10

fuck of with all that poodroid and ishit crap that are only as smart as their bandwith allows.

never heard of EAS kernel. Google told me its just battery management.

What makes it good and how do I use it?

It's better battery management. Makes sampling CPU load seem archaic. Literally doubles your battery life. Either boot a ported kernel or buy a phone that ships with Oreo.

I have a note4 with the 10000mAh zerolemon battery. The phone is huge but I love it. Only charging it every 3 days. Only drawback today is that it's slower than current phones.

Had a OnePlus5 for a week and it was not as good as the note4. Fuck I love this phone.

v20 fuck off or if meme features is your liking galaxy s5

You're making it very tempting to get a used one to replace my lgg3, if I do anything to pay attention to hardware wise? Also are you using any custom roms on it? Saw ressurection remix on android 7.1

Nexus 5X. It was basically an improved nexus 5. Then I went to Australia and spent some days in the jungle with it and the moisture fucked it up. Currently using a ZTE Axon 7. The camera performs worse despite higher specs, and the native OS is loaded with useless features. I.e a "power saving" feature that turns off unused apps automatically. So if I pause my music for like 2 seconds, the app is killed.

Lenovo P2 is hands down the best phone ever made

Been using a 16GB/2GB G3 for nearly 2 years, great phone if a little too big.

Nokia N9

Blackberry Bold 9700.
>support for whatsapp for talking to normies
>built like a tank
>god tier battery life
>keyboard
>all the OTT security features for you tinfoil neckbeards
>stylish leather slip case included
>Blackberry Enterprise Server weeded out the shit from the true sysadmins
>May have supported Activesync so even pleb tier companies could use them, i cant remember when it was added
>small, not carrying a 6" slab of fragile glass in your pocket
>probably still a lolbotnet but no one at RIM had any friends or influence so your data was safe anyway
>stylish white and black colour options included
>reasonably priced
>OS didnt lag, ever
>acceptable camera
>best navigation system since the thinkpad nipple
my nexus 5 was great for the first two months until lagdroid meant i needed to reformat it. Then it dropped 2ft onto carpet (passenger footwell in my car) and shattered.

Dont know about the best phone ever but the s4 is really the pinnacle of jack of all trades master of none. That phone really was the pinnacle of fitting the maximum amount of shit which doesnt matter into a sub 6 inch body. That phone had everything from a fucking temperature sensor along with a built in infrared. 8 cores which are mediocre on release but now yoi can just force all 8 of them to work together which made it age better than fine wine.

Not to mention that it was 3g on release but a small tweak could enable 4g on it. The engineers literally put a 4g chip when it wasnt even that popular just so power users could unlock it and use 4g

Had the s4 for almost 4 years goddamn what a beauty
now i mess the son of bitch

The Nexus 5 battery is pretty removable as far as phone batteries go. Pry the back and pop the connector.

Nexus 5 was the best culmination of parts in a phone. Mine suffered a broken screen, which I repaired but it just wasn't quite the same after that.

I upgraded to a oneplus 3 and it's really fucking nice with resurrection remix on it for that stock feel, but Nexus 5 was my most memorable phone.

I'll probs upgrade my op3 to a 6 or 6t, I might wait it out this time since oneplus seems to like putting out a refined model a few months later and fuck google and pixel for being overpriced af.

I haven't flashed a new rom on it. It is tempting though. Android 6.1 was the last update for it.

Or you could get a motorola Droid 4 for $50 shipped and also have 7.1.2 thanks to lineageOS.

If you feel it's slow, then it's time to debloat

If there was an android version I'd run it daily

Best phone was the Droid X you dweebs

PiPhone

Fucking this. Moto G was great, it was one of the really few good things Sup Forums shilled till now. Great dpi, good size, quad core processor, great battery life and Motorola delivered with their promise about updates.

the best smartphone?
im going to say lg p500

Nexus One was proportionally better, but I absolutely loved my Nexus 5, till I wrecked the screen and it just stopped working, although it seems there's still life but the screen is completely black. Oh well, still got the corpse lying around somewhere, considered fixing it because I got a Huawei P9 a few years after having had a Galaxy S6 and a iPhone 6 between that time both of which were okay, but my P9 had broke and I've sold my iPhone and Samsung, but in the end, I just went to the store to buy a Pixel because I missed a Nexus device. Walked home with a Oneplus 5.

just noticed the nug of weed on the phone

anyways, best smartphone was the early galaxy phones. fast, oled display, removable battery, not too expensive.

No, the best is still the S5 with root and custom ROM.

My compact nigger

That wasn't even a good phone when it was released? There's three explanations:
A) you are very poor
B) you're an Indian
C) you're mentally impaired

Now regardless of which category you fit, I advice you to seek some kind of professional consultation as to discuss your sudden outbursts of complete idiocy. Furthermore, under North Korean penal code based on the Supreme Commitee of the Feudal State's law of conduct clearly states that individuals who, no matter the reason (see aforementioned point.), are in fact NOT intellectuals, should, but are not legally required under U.S Federal law, refrain from posting and/or troll(ing) on any and all public forums. This comment seeks not to harass you, but merely apprehend you from making retarded statements in the future. By reading this post you acknowledge that I take no responsibility for the state of your health, furthermore you also accept the terms of the Ancient Customs of the Nobles "thou shalt cease thy autism", and you simultaneously agree to cease possession of any and all devices with internet connection. Respectfully, Isaac G., Jewish Internet Defense Force (JIDF).

Great UMPC, shit smartphone. It didn't even have portrait mode out of the box.

Hello, ultranormie. Nice to see you join us today. Now I reckon you, and my old teacher have a lot in common. Both of you are weak cucks, both of you enjoy quirky tshirts, you both think unlabeled keyboards are superior, you drink a lot of coffee even though you prefer the taste of apple juice, you both love the N900, and you were both caught by your wife sucking some guy's dick in a public bathroom.

The HTC one m7

this

just disgusting how we're probably never going to see a p3

or any other phone with a large batter and a beaut display at a decent price

Lenovo P2