IPhone X only costs Apple $357.50 to make

reuters.com/article/us-apple-iphone/apples-iphone-x-has-higher-margin-than-iphone-8-analysis-idUSKBN1D62RZ?il=0

"the entry-level iPhone X costs Apple around $357.50 to make. Apple sells that model for $999, meaning it reaps a gross margin of 64 percent. That number is slightly higher than the iPhone 8, which Apple sells for $699 at a gross margin of 59 percent."

Holy shit, iFags! How does it feel wasting your money?

>what is research and development?
>what is a working wage for production laborers?
>what is marketing and supply chain costs?

>have to make a profit
>a-a-a-a-apple fags bb-b-b-btfo

do you know how economics and business work op?

Doesn't replacing the back glass cost like $500 thought?

see
And, do they really need a 64% profit? No, they are just greedy and shareholders at this point would fire Tim Cock if they saw profits going backwards.

90% of that profit goes right back into marketing.

Well they've done a shitty marketing job since about 75% of the people I've talked to about it are calling it iPhone Ecks instead of 10.

because tim cook decided a roman numeral would be funner then naming it a number, honestly i think x is kinda cooler then 10, but how ever its gonna be dumb if they keep naming it numerals instead of numbers. Jobs would have never allowed apple to be this way honestly.

Way to not understand anything about business in the weel wold owside yo wittle bedwoom.

They called it macOSX for years under Jobs. Only when Cuck became headmaster did they change to just macOS.

I'm honestly surprised it was even that expensive to make.

Also you need to understand when you buy an iPhone for $999 at Best Buy, Apple isn't suddenly profiting $641 from that purchase. There are distribution costs, Best Buy gets it below the MSRP, there's a percentage of devices that are returned that eats into Apple's profits, etc.

Without a doubt it'll be the most profitable phone this year but it's not like they're walking away with $600 on each phone sale.

>iphone x
>having high R&D
o im laffin

>costs Apple around $357.50 to make.
Isn't that quite high for manufacturing a phone? I'm suprising it costs so much to make!! The gross is 64% but isnt that mean that the actual number of profit is lower, maybe only 40%. Apple are only just about selling wtih a profit here. I think they are going to be charging 2000 per phone by 2020.

Why, you can't afford it?

>what is slavery?

That's really jewish. Should be $500 desu

honestly i thought it would be less. i have an s8, whats the cost to make vs retail on that, anyone?

2000 well duh, we are in hyper inflation

It's a great trick to make people talk about it more.
Marketing has to do 3 things.
>make you hear about the thing
>make you like the thing
>get you to walk in the store and buy the thing
Getting people to correct each other about the name takes care about the 1st step alright.

>what is extortion?
>what is tax evasion?
>what are jewish tricks?
>why did Hitler do nothing wrong?

>Its another 'retarded fuck on Sup Forums's dumbest board thinks BOM = everything' episode

The naming scheme was getting very dated. Jobs probably picked the first few location names before he expired.

That brings into question the article, are they talking about the net cost (after all of these factors) or simple the material cost?

If it's the net cost then your point is moot.

If it's the material cost then after factoring in your points they're probably looking at half of that, somewhere around a 25-35% margin as is standard on most tech products.

>richest country in the world
>stock worth more than GDP of Russia.
>people are surprised their profit margins are enormous.

Really?

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS FOR YOUR CHINESE MADE VIRTUE SIGNAL

3x the BOM is standard in the electronics world.

don't act like anyone actually computing the cost of research and marketing in the cost of an average iphone. the article just mentions parts alone.

>>what is research and development?

Apple's R&D spending is less than 2% of their revenue.

>>what is a working wage for production laborers?

Already included in the figure.

>>what is marketing and supply chain costs?

Do you enjoy buying products from a company that mostly spends its money on shills and ads?

>less than 2% of their revenue
>still developed the fastest mobile CPU in the world

That's rather impressive.

Thread ended fast

It's just some standard ARM components bolted together.

considering their only competitor is qualcomm and apple is worth almost a trillion dollars is it really that impressive

> iOS is written by angels in heaven
> R&D falls off the R&D tree
> iPhones are manufactured by gnomes in a cave

>Apple's R&D spending is less than 2% of their revenue.
Source: your anus

This is labor because the entire phone has to be disassembled to fix the back. Everything is connected to the back. Contrast that with the front screen in that it is the first thing to come off.

How is this compared to other flagship phones?

All of you bitching have no clue how much of a markup most business have. My company aims for a 40-60% profit on everything we sell, and other companies do the same. It covers runnings costs, R&D, overhead, legal, insurance, employee pay, ect.

You don't get to run a company very long with slim profit margins.

DELET THIS

>He isn't a shareholder of AAPL
You fags would be much better off with a $50 dumbphone and $950 worth of QQQ. Too bad Sup Forums is too dumb to buy stocks

what is that? your gf?

This "labour" doesn't justify a smoking 500$, you do the same on an s8/note8 screen repair and that's cheaper with the panel included.

>wasting your money?
Top fucking kek, so if a company produces a product and makes a profit it makes it so the customer has wasted their money?

How do you expect a company to stay in business? Or should Apple content itself to $3-10 profit per unit numbers like all the Droid makers do?

Clearly OP is a NEET with no job.

holy shit, you're so stupid, I'm not even a macfag, but food makes at least 300% profit to be a viable business

You don't own an automobile either, do you? I mean an alternator only has about five bucks worth of materials in it, yet they're often a couple hundred dollars.

Anybody else read these threads and immediately think OP is both underage and a poorfag?