Well, you convinced me

Winblows 10 user here, trying out various Debian flavors. Anything I should know about?

Which brand of bleach you plan to consume in the next few days

imo, stock debian is the best out of all the distros based on it but if you're completely new to linux use xubuntu or one of the other ubuntu flavors

read the sticky

Windows 10 is so nuch easier to use than any linux distro. Why switch?

Enjoy 1/50th of the software selection

Botnet
Debian is a great choice. I think the choice of Desktop to install it with is entirely up to personal preference, although people here seem to have a weird XFCE fetish, so maybe give that one a go.
If you really know what you’re doing, you could try the minimal install, which allows you to set up every part of the system just how you like it. Recommended for those who are autistic about that kind of thing.

>if you're completely new to linux use xubuntu
Or if you're not. Ubuntu+Xfce=just werks.

Incorrect. Win10 absolutely blows without serious configuration (some of which potentially destabilizes the whole thing)

A cozy coupe is so much easier to use than an automobile. Why switch?

>plebian

I think Debian needs to include ALL possible desktop environments installations during setup. They have a selection of like five or six, which is nice, but Budgie wasn't on that list some months ago

So I had to choose no desktop environment at all and then manually install it afterwards

if you want something slick, but systemd based, try linux mint. It's driver support is great, in it just werks. Very easy to ie install nvidia drivers and so, where you can just select by 4 provided(using the graphics ppa). No hassle with mint, except to get all video codes you might have to tinker a bit, it's not so good as it was. For just playing videos you can avoid this step by ie using kodi(xbmc) which just handles everything it self and doesn't need any codecs

if you care (like really much) about security, try systemd free devuan.

>Botnet
Stop watching cp

When the Russians blow open ME I hope the botnet roosts in your machine first, cuck.

The absolute horror

devuan is friggin huuuge iso ! shits me evertime i need to find a big usn just for the fucker

isn't there like a distro specifically for you? a distro that comes pre-installed with budgie? and it's based on ubuntu which is based on debian? idiot

I find GNU/Linux much easier and more pleasant to use. It also respects my freedom, and is a lot of fun. That's about it.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

>So I had to choose no desktop environment at all and then manually install it afterwards
I don't see much wrong with this option. I guess if you really want it all in the installer, Anarchy does a good job of it. Gives a pretty thorough list of a lot of WMs even.

>if you want something slick, but systemd based, try linux mint. It's driver support is great, in it just werks
Just in case you're not aware, hardware support is handled by the kernel. Distro does not matter except for two things:
1) Some distros ship a newer kernel, thus having more hardware support
2) Some distros, such as Debian, don't ship with non-free blobs enabled. There is a small portion of hardware that needs non-free drivers and will not work due to this.

android lollipoop

Give Void a shot. Definitely one of the best distros right now.
>no systemd
>libressl
>not a derivative
>minimal and fast
The #voidlinux irc on Freenode is very helpful as well.

That doesn't even make sense

it does it was just beyond your ability to understand

> Children's toy is easier to use than the real thing it simulates.

Are you really that stupid user?

Perhaps you were deluded into thinking Windows was a sophisticated operating system and not just a VTech for slightly older children?

>he fell for the meme
embrace your neverending virginity

man i remember being like 4 or something and my parents got me one of those fake little kid laptops for my birthday but then returned it 'cause they needed the money and i was so pissed

sage for off topic

>The absolute state of windows users

It doesn't make sense you fucking autistic niggers.

Explain it without using another analogy.

>waaah waaah waaah i totally understand nigger nigger
ok

also btw explained the analogy

if the subs said "how did this happened?" it would be so much more perfect

Kill yourself retard

But windows isn't sophisticated and why the fuck is he comparing it to some kids toy?

What fucking country are you fags posting from?

God no. That'd take so much disk space, among other consequences. There are already shitloads of options for DEs in the installer (at least the netinst one)

>But windows isn't sophisticated and why the fuck is he comparing it to some kids toy?
because kid's toys aren't sophisticated? to make a point? i honestly don't understand how you don't understand
also not going to kill myself thx for the suggestion tho

>windows isn't sophisticated
>why is he comparing it to some kids toy?

There's a separate ISO that includes nonfree drivers right out of the box. That will give you less troubles. If you use this and install Cinnamon you have already made Linux Mint obsolete.

aren't debian packages like 2 decades out of date though?

Just change the /etc/apt/sources.list to point to something other than stable then. I have unstable and it's using 4.13.0-1 kernel. You will have to comment out the other repos because unstable doesn't use a separate security update repo and keeping it will show errors.

no, this is a common accusation from the lying scumbags at redhat though

go back to your cave lennart

thanks for the tip yo i didn't think i could actually do that

Fthhbthp

it's right in the debian handbook user