CloverOS GNU/Linux

Official homepage: cloveros.ga
Current ISO: cloveros.ga/s/CloverOS-x86_64-20171014.iso
Git: gitgud.io/cloveros/cloveros
Package count: 3135 cloveros.ga/s/packages.html
Official IRC channel: #cloveros on Rizon
GPG: 78F5 AC55 A120 07F2 2DF9 A28A 78B9 3F76 B8E4 2805
License: WTFPL
Mirrors: useast.cloveros.ga uswest.cloveros.ga fr.cloveros.ga uk.cloveros.ga nl.cloveros.ga
Current CFLAGS: CFLAGS="-Ofast -mmmx -mssse3 -pipe -funroll-loops -flto=8 -floop-block -floop-interchange -floop-strip-mine -ftree-loop-distribution"
Validate ISO:

gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-key "78F5 AC55 A120 07F2 2DF9 A28A 78B9 3F76 B8E4 2805"
wget cloveros.ga/s/signatures/s/CloverOS-x86_64-20171014.iso.asc
gpg --verify CloverOS-x86_64-20171014.iso.asc CloverOS-x86_64-20171014.iso

Other urls found in this thread:

cloveros.ga/s/CloverOS-x86_64-20171107.iso
gitgud.io/cloveros/cloveros/blob/master/livecd_build.sh
cloveros.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=list
gitgud.io/cloveros/cloveros/raw/master/home/user/stats.sh
fr.cloveros.ga/CloverOS_Libre-x86_64-20171108.iso
gitgud.io/cloveros/cloveros/blob/master/livecd_build_libre.sh
pastebin.com/ZeWtdsga
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

if dubs this distro will fail

>it is the year 2017
>i boot up my cloveros install on my thinkpad and load up my browser, Netrunner to browse nyaapantsu with chiru.no playing Gee Gee Gee in the background when I get a notification that someone replied to my post on Sup Forums as well as a message on Tox about a link on Sup Forumstracker and praise Stallman for this blessing

fuck all of you
you ruined linux for me

Looks like emerge steam-launcher && steam just works in CloverOS now

what's the taskbar used?

Very nice

This is just a renamed gentoo.

Sounds good to me.

Stats.sh on aterm

WindowMaker

I wish I didn't take such a blurry picture. Sucks that I don't have A/C or internet, but at least my ISP isn't banned anymore, so I can at least bump the thread.

Forgpt pic

Milky Holmes, nice!

Just don't call her Kokoro-chan

So what about setting up UEFI support for CloverOS?

New ISO: cloveros.ga/s/CloverOS-x86_64-20171107.iso

Setup a option to update the USE flags in the settings, so that I don't have to switch compiling methods every time

What's the point of installing this over gentoo?

binary host, install script, custom USE flags that remove bloat, and good default programs available to use.

>(((cancerEFI)))

There should be a minimal iso, which should have no features and only the install programs and gparted. That way the iso is smaller than the regular one.

Is there a 32bit iso?

CloverOS is a method of installing Gentoo. Imagine if you were to follow the Gentoo Handbook and then dump / to an iso.

gitgud.io/cloveros/cloveros/blob/master/livecd_build.sh

It's gentoo without the pain and suffering of installing gentoo.

Though some may argue that defeats the point of installing gentoo.

Install Gentoo

CloverOS is to Gentoo as Antergos is to Arch, except the CloverOS installer doesn't crash all the time, require internet, or install bloated shit that you have to uninstall later.

rtorrent is dead an outdated software that hasn't received an update in over a year. What other CLI torrent packages are there?

>and
Fixed.

Transmission has CLI, web, and qt versions in CloverOS.

Deluge also has CLI

Never used it. Transmission has always worked fine for me anyways.

Ok, installing this on my backup laptop.

what board is this?

dunno, found the image on a Sup Forums wizard thread

I get 'bus error' when trying to start firefox

and i'Error sending IPC message:Broken pip' while trying to run midori

I will cut off my balls if it isn't /tg/

Your ram is busted.

Wizard thread?
cloveros booru should still be up, not sure why it isn't in the OP.

yeah i found it
cloveros.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=list

Make sure dbus is running.

dbus just needs to be installed I think

what do you mean?
stats.sh turns aterm into a taskbar?

Help goyim. I have ubuntu gnome 16.04, and wanted to try mate DE, didnt likenit, so rolled back. Now i have no DE, cant even launch terminal with ctrl alt t. What do?

are you on tty?
also, the fglt is probably a better place

Install Gentoo.

Im too busy this semester. Luckily, it appears that i only installed userwide, so my hadoop user is safe. Installing gnome from there.

Install CloverOS
This operating system has a custom .bash_profile that will let you pick your favorite DE/WM and install it if you don't already have it installed.

The stats bar is a bash script that runs in a terminal emulator. It needs to be ported.

.twmrc has a command to display stats.sh, which shows system information in aterm, using parameters that make it one row wide and long enough to fit a 1080 monitor, read only, and stays at the top to avoid collision/overlap. It's good, but it may crash depending on your system acpi settings.

gitgud.io/cloveros/cloveros/raw/master/home/user/stats.sh
aterm +sb -tr -sh 10 -geometry 400x1+0+0 -e ~/stats.sh &

>childish memes, not an actual answer.
ISHYGDDT

Not an argument.

when i right click on twm desktop to open the application's menu it closes immediately. i have to right click and hold for it to stay open. is this normal behavior?

Take the drive out of target computer, use a computer with legacy boot, boot into and install CloverOS on target drive, put drive back into target computer, power on and use.
Just hold right click and select your choice by releasing

alright thanks.

Is the shutdown button still broken? Is xbacklight still the only way to change brightness? Is it still mbr-only?

If so, I'm not trying this a third time.

No.

If you have questions best place to get quick answers is IRC #cloveros on Rizon

one more question how do I resize a window in twm. it says alt and right click that brings up 9 tiles inside the window but I can't figure it out.

As you alt+right click, move the mouse to the corner or edge of the window, the window will then extend the grid out to the mouses position, then update the window according to the position the right click is released. Moving to a corner is optimal for both horizontal and vertical scaling.

CloverOS iso with -gnu kernel and without linux-firmware

fr.cloveros.ga/CloverOS_Libre-x86_64-20171108.iso

Don't send this to Stallman, I'm still working on a few things.

gitgud.io/cloveros/cloveros/blob/master/livecd_build_libre.sh

It's the same thing, but with linux-firmware not installed and with the linux-libre script ran on the kernel source directory before building

b

Hopefully we can get that FSF approval for being a libre gentoo alternative

Cloverfags, unite.

redirect the menus genius

In for lesbian scat.

What

a

Says the fag that recurrs to memes because to lazy for making UEFI-bootable

Not an English sentence.

>install cloveros
>boot
>build efistub
>boot in uefi

Inuyasha and Kagome look so cute in that pic

Important reminder: CloverOS is a shitty version of Gentoo with ridiculous CFLAGS that shouldn't be enabled in the first place.

Thats drunk angry forest hobo and fat NEET princess to you.
CloverOS is a nice fork of gentoo that uses fast and efficient CFLAGS that make my epeen 2 feet longer.

Thanks for the bump faggot

Lets see that juicy source mage rice

I'm literally two dumb to install this, I can select the usb drive but I can't boot on it, whatever settings I choose it brings me back to the select device menu

Are you using legacy or UEFI? Switch to legacy and try to boot.

hi

filtered

Very kawaii fumo fumo!

>I'm literally two dumb to install this,

Fuck you brainiac, I'm three dumb.

is there any way to downlod all of them at once?

is this fully compatible with a glorious thinkpad x220?

practically made for it

>looks promising, gentoo installing script without bloat and autism, wow, sign me in
>installed this meme os into vm to give it a try
>just choose everything automatic
>doesn't work
What do

unmount the iso bro

hi another user here. if i install this on my pc, is there a way to recompile the whole system again for getting that -march=native placebo performance ? thank

Yeah. Change to source using the config thing, and hit y when it asks you to get the cloveros build settings

Is there a way to use a dark as my soul theme with twm? I mean a full theme including all applications? such as when you install a gtk theme in any DE.

pastebin.com/ZeWtdsga

I even made a screen rotation script for my X220t, just so I could rotate the screen and use it like a tablet. The script is in the repo as well.

welp, GNU/Linux thread is down, so I'll ask here. I have i3 as DE on ubuntu gnome 16.04. i need to type korean keyboard, and got it all setup. i can type korean on command line and stuff, but somehow firefox doesn't accept it. when i try to type korean, it just shows roman alphabet - not even not printing anything. any idea why this happens? thx

emerge lxappearance

~/.twmrc

Color {
IconManagerBackground "black"
IconManagerForeground "white"
MenuTitleBackground "black"
MenuTitleForeground "white"
TitleBackground "black"
TitleForeground "white"
}