I am an Intel engineer working on a new SSD technology that will totally shake up the current market...

I am an Intel engineer working on a new SSD technology that will totally shake up the current market. Intel is aiming to monopolize the entire flash storage market with this new tech. These drives will be offered at a fair price (~$.55-$.6 per GB) and will very quickly replace every other SSD on the planet.

Ask me anything.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Intel-SSD-545s-256GB-SSDSC2KW256G8X1/dp/B074S8V6Y1/ref=sr_1_3?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1510027589&sr=1-3&keywords=intel ssd
pcper.com/reviews/Storage/Intel-Optane-SSD-900P-480GB-and-280GB-NVMe-HHHL-SSD-Review-Lots-3D-XPoint
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Release when

~Q2 2018

What is it like being (((((them)))))

is it a housefire?

Timestamp Intel badge or gtfo

Also, Hillsboro or Folsom?

How does it feel to blow WD and Samsung apart?

why are my pubes pitch black when my hair is dark brown?

>SSD
>housefire

>fair price
>Jewtel

Pick one.

Folsom, and no.
This

it's made by intel

too expensive
SSD's already more than enough for virtually every possible thing you could do on desktop

there's no point to this

amazon.com/Intel-SSD-545s-256GB-SSDSC2KW256G8X1/dp/B074S8V6Y1/ref=sr_1_3?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1510027589&sr=1-3&keywords=intel ssd

Like, 3DXPoint?
That was a failure.

>monopoly
>$0.6/GB
No you're not. The only people who'd be interested in this shit are research/academia and enthusiasts and there's 0 reason you'd price it at a mere $0.6/GB when serving a niche market that you have 100% control over.

Kek, the Samsung and Western Digital are $10 cheaper. Fucking shill.

Pic related, it's you.

>SSD's are already more than enough

People have said something similar about virtually all new technology, yet always adopt them later on. SSDs included. Games are hitting 80GB+.

are you jewish?

I don't own Intel, I just work for them. I'm relaying some info I thought Sup Forums would be interested in, but I guess not. Guess I'll just delete.
No

I'm assuming this is Optane-related? Optane seems quite fast, so something affordable based on it could be pretty nice.

inb4 its locked to only work with intel CPU

Aren't you risking your job by coming here if this is still in development?

My pubes are dark blond and my hair is black, pls explain.

optane seems weird to me its pointless if you already have an SSD, you can't customize it at all to cache the stuff YOU want it to cache making testing it objectively really hard
just reminds me a lot of readyboost usb just another gimmick no one will bother with or even remember in 5 years time

what are the SKU's for these SSD's

>$.6 per gigabyte
So a 256GiB drive for about $154? With the speeds of pic related? Not bad if true.

how does this compare to ram

Spotted the LARPer. Post censored work tag or fuck off shill.

>I am an Intel engineer
yes, i totally believe you

>muh $10
>unfair
gtfo

Yeah it IS weird. It's because Intel has internal milestones/goals they failed to meet, but their timeline dictated they needed to release a product regardless, so they came out with this awkward caching product. It is selling just about as well as their old SSD caching 'Rapid Start Technology' or whatever the shit that was.

Not really, I didnt give much information. Can't really give exact models or anything but they will come in standard sizes up to 2TB.
Yes the pricing is extremely competitive.
In the same ballpark. Give or take 500MB/s.

And these will be PCIe cards.

New reviews optane say controller limit performance driver, already had superior controller.

Intel had Omnipath as connection, intel will give ultra high connections to SSD.

New iPhone,iPad or macs will use it?

>monopolize the entire flash storage market
oh fuck offf.....

Why is intel optane a thing when I can buy cheaper RAM that is 5x faster?

I wouldn't mind my PC taking 30 seconds longer to flush the ramdisk to a regular SSD. I shut my PC down maybe 1-2 times a week, and I would use the 32/64 GB ramdisk fully anyways.

Intel is retarded.

Can't knock you there, everyone has a different use case. What if the Optanes are used in let's say movie editing workstations, where Premier projects are cached on optane, and an unexpected power failure might wipe all volatile memory? In a scenario like that where data loss isn't acceptable, a ramdisk isn't an option.

Why beat around the bush about Optane? It was publicly announced over a year ago and is being hyped *now.* It's not like it's some major corporate secret...

>1021MB
This shit is a ram disk
LARP harder

Wouldn't you always have a UPS for such a scenario?

Either way, I see your point, there's probably some one out there who needs as fast non-volatile memory as possible.

Still to think that it would be cheaper to buy the RAM and the UPS than it is to buy the optane.

The gig's up boys.

Hopefully storage will be that fast and affordable sometime in the future.

>PCI-E 3.0 16x
>PCI-E 3.0 8x
>PCI-E 3.0 4x
>m.2

Which one?

Faggy response.
>le let me impress le autists

PCI-E 3.1 x8 M. 2.

>Intel had Omnipath as connection
OP is InfiniBand for poor.

not a failure, just not what was described, but it's only first gen. New consumer Optane drive very good, but they need to shrink to higher densities and lower power to get those puppies on DIMMs

new consumer Optane drive is only 2x 3D NAND TLC, has orders of magnitude better endurance, speeds at QD 1 & 2 of 960 Pro's at 5 & 6

>Monopolize market
>Fair price
o.k.

Did you not see the new 900P?

pcper.com/reviews/Storage/Intel-Optane-SSD-900P-480GB-and-280GB-NVMe-HHHL-SSD-Review-Lots-3D-XPoint

The PCI-E bus limits the Optane drive performance. Read the PCPer review.

>just not what was described
Which is exactly why it's pointless.
Also pricey.

Is this dedicated Optane shilling thread.

It's twice the cost for much better performance, how is that pointless?

>much better performance
Where?
It's absolutely no different from NAND drives for consumer workloads.

look at the grave above you twat. Consumer workloads are primarily random read and rights at 4KB and low queue depths and the 900p is hitting 5x the IOPS of the 960pro.

>hur dur no better

Literally no difference for most consumer workloads.
NAND is already 'fast enough'.

you're probably the type of user that buys based on sequential speeds

Intel please stop shilling your DOA trash.

>no badge
>larp

Hide every info on the badge except for INTEL logo , and timestamp otherwhise you are a larper

with current systems ... theres little to no performance improvement other than benchmarks since 5 years or more ...

still using a Samsung 830

is it 50gb max starting at 4000$ a drive this time? Still laughing at your "consumer" ssd

Maybe for some, on my machine I noticed a difference going from 850 Evo to 960 Pro, but you may need a higher end machine to realize the difference.

I should have an Optane 900P to play with in a day or two. Will run some real world tests - boot times, various applications loading, build times for some of my larger projects, etc.

The price is worth it to me just for the massive durability jump.

Your pic says $600 for 480GB, not sure what you're on about

You still here, OP? Does your new drive rely on OTS or ECD patents?

You with the NVG? I just applied there as an intern! Please hire me.

kys

Will the SSD contain any nonfree microcontrollers?

>le intel engineer maymay
>doesn't give specific details not found elsewhere
oy vey user you fell for it again

>Beating the nips and chinks
Nice joke Intel

Actually it's primarily Micron tech

>see OP image
>laugh

When you can beat pure RAM speeds in every aspect of those benchmarks let me know, kthxbai.

And Micron is shit.
Member HMC?
Me neither.

My pubes and hair are black, but beard is dark brown.
OP, wtf? Please explain.

GTFO Optane shill

PLS BUY OPTANE GOYIM