Malware removal programmes

I've been using Hitman Pro for the past couple of years or so, but not sure whether to continue with paid malware detection, and would be grateful for your thoughts Sup Forums

>would be grateful for your thoughts Sup Forums
Both Malwarebytes and Hitman pro are proprietary malware. If you want security, use Freedom respecting software (FLOSS).

Thank you user - are there any particular products free or paid that you would recommend?

I mean... for a website, if you use chrome you are pretty much safe for most zeroday related exploits (due to all the sandboxing) and in regards to "I need this free download totally", either go for open source or learn to use IDA to analyse the .exe or .dll or whatever/monitor the process. If the malware is made by someone who isn't a hackforums skid it will be FUD, meaning that the anti virus won't detect it...
tl;dr, No antivirus is good

Thanks user - I will do some research based on your reply.

>google search “free anti malware software” go for the 10th search result
>Install the exe file also with IE toolbar
>complete the survey
>call tech support if any problem occurs
>profit

ClamAV is the only FOSS AV I can think of. But really, if you need AV on you desktop you're already fucked.

Malware bytes?

Thanks user. I've been using a combination of McAfee (which comes with my broadband sub) and Hitman Pro.

yea whatever, dont forget the IE toolbar, very necessary

Ok thanks user

>FLOSS
>The term “FLOSS,” meaning “Free/Libre and Open Source Software,” was coined as a way to be neutral between free software and open source. If neutrality is your goal, “FLOSS” is the best way to be neutral. But if you want to show you stand for freedom, don't use a neutral term.

I would've just said Free Software, but since OP seems to be new to Free Software (or anything non proprietary) I thought I should use the more universal word.

Common Sense 2017 Developer Preview Edition

> using windows

Is like you want to walk on a san francisco street in your 4s with your'e hairy anus wide open and lubricated.

You're a retard. Windows already catches most of the malware that any antivirus catches with MSE. Antiviruses just hog up resources and increase your attack surface. And you're already retarded for using Windows.

Gaming is the main reason I use Windows, but fair point.

The reason I came to get some advice on here user, but aside from the insults, I have heard good things about MSE. As for using Windows:

windows is fucking malware

Same situation here. I just dual boot. It also helps me focus more.

Thanks for that suggestion - I'll consider doing that too. The other option for me would be to go down the console route for gaming, but it's hard to beat those Steam sales.

You actually make a really good point there, particularly with the key-logging and data collection features. I'll probably look further into what this user said here