Languages Learning

What is the next language you want to learn, Sup Forums ?

Polish here.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w9mek32Kpfo
youtube.com/watch?v=72kZw26IQa0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm learning Chinese with Assimil.

Not that difficult, Hanzis, tho...

Learning chinese for business?

australian aborigine

No, just for fun

I need to get my french back up.

Currently learning russian with books and internet.

>tfw no russian qt to teach me

I'm learning Norwegian right now and after that I'd like to learn Latin

I see no point in learning this language. It's hard, useless and quite ugly.

t. Polack

I tried learning german and japanese, but I gave up on them once I realized that english is the definitive language and that learning any other language is just a waste of time.

French
J'ai besoin de la motivation d'apprendre.

>tfw French qt to teach me

My native one. It is completely unuseful shit, but still. Won't tell you which language is that.

And maybe German next.

Polish sounds good to me. I like the polish culture as well.

>tfw cucked
youtube.com/watch?v=w9mek32Kpfo

Spanish

Fuck trying to roll R's, seriously how do I do this shit

I'm learning Esperanto

No, not ironically

Yes, for real

Arabic :)
I've just learned the alphabet, now trying to learn some basic words.

Polish

i had to drop it because of my sigmatism

for what purpose

What's ugly about it?
youtube.com/watch?v=72kZw26IQa0

>australian aborigine
Nice choice, which one?

Slovak or Czech, which one should I go for?

Czech

Which one has made the most contributions to science?

Stuck between French, German, and Russian. End goal is to read literature classics in original lang, justification to pick up varies.

Map is wrong. Northeastern turkey has Georgian speakers; armenian speakers are an infinitesimally small minority

Afrikaans and Dutch atm

How do people manage to overcome laziness?

Not just for language-learning, but for everything in general. It's really crippling me. One such area where it does this is language-learning: I really want to learn a language, the motivation is not at all lacking, but I have no discipline, I just stop working at it after a few days and return to my old escapist routine, free from any sort of work or obligations.

Swedish
but i stopped after hearing that no matter how much time i invest into duolingo i wont be able to hold a convo in swedish

What a useless language.

Everyone in Norway speaks English, there's no point in learning it unless you plan to live there for a long time.

Pic related worked for me. Set aside a determined time every day and do that shit until it becomes an habit.
When you start getting the gist of it start looking for different media like songs, movies, tv series, whatever and try to watch them for passive learning

français

It's easier to learn two languages that are different simultaneously than two languages that are the same.
t. someone who is learning Yiddish and is avoiding studying lots of German

Currently learning Korean.
Afterwards, probably German. I was gonna learn Polish but
>gendered nouns
no thanks.

Polish

Portuguese because I think it's the best romance language.

Swedish because I don goofed and spontaneously bought a one way ticket there.

Any Belgians here? There's a language school near me that offers Flemish, should I study it?

I have to agree with you in terms of phonetics, especially in Brazil, but mate Spanish has way more speakers worldwide.

Finnish, Estonian, Japanese and Russian because they are awesome.

>Finnish, Estonian, Japanese and Russian because they are awesome.

I agree as well. Pretty based languages. But Portuguese caught my attention due to how fluently it rolls off the tongue, it's almost like French really. Spanish is terrible in my opinion because it doesn't really require a brain to speak it

>how fluently it rolls off the tongue, it's almost like French
Again I agree. I mentioned Brazilian Portuguese because it is smooth and is easier on the tongue. Spanish seems rough to me for some reason.
I like what Olavo Bilac wrote about Portuguese; "a última flor do Lácio, inculta e bela"...The last flower of Latium, rustic and beautiful.

True that m8, especially the Brazilian dialect. It sounds so fucking nice, feels like a cute BR tranny is cumming in my ears tbqh.

> learning a language of literally the shittiest and most futureless country in Europe

Shame on you, weirdo.

>Polish here.
Strata czasu.

Portuguese, until today i don't know speak.

>tfw signed up for Polish classes

Would be interested in learning Cantonese and Indonesian, but BR Portuguese, Spanish and French are really useful. Hard to choose.

Been learning French for a while and can speak some and read articles and some stories
Been studying a little Yiddish and Esperanto as well recently

Finnish. Very few resources on it but I enjoy it.

trying to better my french listening because it's kind of annoying being able to understand the written language well but not the spoken form. After that I kind of want to learn a classical language like Latin or hebrew. probably latin desu because the declensions give me a boner and I already know the first three.

Why? It just sounds so ugly and artificial, not to mention the fact that there is literally no reason to learn it other than to circlejerk with other people who speak it. You can't even use it for it's original purpose, an international language.

not trying to say you shouldn't, it's always good to learn new things, just kind of want to know why.

Almost all indo-european languages have gendered nouns lad. German does, actually.

>German does, actually.
are you fucking with me

'Muh heritage' or other mental disease?

heritage, there's a lot of polish-americans qts who make fun of me for not being able to speak polish so i need to learn it

Yeah, masculine, feminine, and neuter.

I've heard they're not that hard to remember though, although I haven't studied it.

it also has cases.

that was surprisingly comfy to read

>Genders
This is why I studied Finnish. No genders, and no noun, adjective agreement based on gender.

I'm somewhat decent at reading formal French but my listening is a disaster, so I'm working on that.
After French I kind of want to learn Russian.
There's also little pattern to them, or so I heard.

currently learning german

will be forced to learn french for work purposes, wish i could learn either russian or japanese next, my personal favourites

> learning useless language for stupid whores

What a retard...

that's not nice((((

are some of these languages mutually intelligible or it's a real clusterfuck?

if it's, how did it happen?

>15 cases
DROP'D

...and those cases are not as difficult as you think. I spent 4 years in Germany and I never got the adjective endings down or the der-die-das bs.

Spanish
making decent headway with vocabulary since moving further south in California but I'm still pretty shit at putting whole sentences together

Puhutko paljon suomea?

En puhu tarpeeksi, mutta tarvitsen parannusta. Olen todella nauttia siitä yhdessä viron kieli

Castellano

I want to learn all the major ones though the main two I have right now is french and Jap.

Saluton

>You can't even use it for it's original purpose, an international language.

I've talked with way more rare flags via Esperanto than I've ever seen on Sup Forums

>Afterwards, probably German
>no gendered nouns
mega kek

Shut up Nigel
Shut up Stanlej

POLAND STRONK

>calls it a useless language despite giving a perfectly good reason why I would be learning it

I think some of them are, but I don't think they did much trading, so communication would of been sparse.

bump.

I'm learning French.

Hot damn. How long have you been studying? I thought I was the only american trying to learn Finnish here. As you might have guessed my finnish is shit.

I want to study a language but I always stop because I don't know if I want to learn German, Russian or French. It the end I learn nothing.

learn classical syriac

Tbh, learning a language through Duolingo is what you make it. Ofc you shouldnt only rely on Duolingo, you won't fully learn a language that way. You should however use it as a tool to learn the basics, then branch out from there and start using other more advanced tools/actual books. But Duolingo is a good way to get started with a language, but you won't master it only through Duolingo. You will however get a good foundation in a certain language IF you invest time and work.

:D
D:

I'm learning German.

This reads like Newspeak

Hungarian

How can you live in France without even knowing the basic words of the national language?

>learning polish
Most useless language on earth

Starting to learn Armenian, as I'll have to live there for the next two and half years for the Peace Corps. Any good online sites to help?

Trying to learn classical latin to literacy level. It's quite confusing but also very interesting to decipher every sentence word-by-word like a puzzle, a complete opposite of english experience.
Not sure if I want to bother with living languages, none seem that appealing. Germanic languages sound disgusting, romance languages are dime a dozen and probably won't be as fun after learning their daddy, asian languages are obtuse and I'm repulsed by asian cultures anyway, same goes for middle-eastern arabic languages and their wormy looking letters. I do love italian literature though

stupid post

Esperanto is dogshit.

Whats the point of any of that

Nothing.

I already know the basics of French and Polish, but forgot the first and not good yet in second.

I can think about the next only when I will be 100% fluent in Polish and French.

Also English is overrated

t. jebana kurwa femka z twiego ruchu

>doesn't have gramatical gender
cuck language

Sucks you cannot use learn langauges on here unless you change your flag.

>All nouns end with -o
sounds stupid

>you cannot use learn langauges

Is that even english?

I think he's saying no one will help him learn languages because he's a yank

I want to learn Chinese. How fucked am I?

French and Polish

I'm learning German and Spanish.

But I don't have a lot of time for it. So I mostly just do German.