/ekg/ - Electromagnetic Keyboard General

/ekg/ Revised Edition

>OP pic: Symbolics Space Cadet Keyboard for MIT LISP machines

I've taken some suggestions from the previous thread and realized I've made a mistake. By calling it /ckg/ I've completely ignored all the other non-conductive switches like Hall Effect, Inductive, etc. These switches are just as good, or even better, and shouldn't be ignored. We're still open to suggestions.

What are electromagnetic keyboards?
They are the superior choice for those who want a proper typing experience. Conductive switches have extra moving parts that wear out with use and result in issuees suchh as keychaatter. Electromagnetic keyboards on the other hand replace the physical switch contacts with electromagnetism. This results in greatly improved longevity and even a smoother feel as there is no need for a slider to scratch against a contact.
Optical and Acoustic switches should go into their own general but they can piggyback here, for now that is.
Note: /ekg/ is not /mkg/

I've been working on some pastebins, and they aren't very good. If you have your own ones then please post them and we can include them in the OP
>Buyers Template
pastebin.com/bYbpUh1Q
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

previous

Other urls found in this thread:

deskthority.net/w/index.php?title=Keystroke_sensing&redirect=no
tomshardware.com/news/xmit-hall-effect-keyboard-massdrop,33060.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

45g or 55g topre? My favourite mx switch is blue

Finally a good keyboard thread.

GTFO fucking pleb, this is electromagnetic keyboard general. Also topre sucks.

Do you work for the UK government?

Ok guys I live in Argentina where do I buy one of these

>getting people to ship expensive things from the auction site overseas
you foreignerfags ruined it for yourselves years ago

Ok which one do I get

are there any of this kind of keyboard that you can still buy today?

almost all of them will have to be adapted with some kind of microcontroller to actually deliver usable keystrokes to your computer

there are some open source solutions for this already but if you're fucking fixated on this then i'd recommend looking at the deskthority wiki until you see the keyboard you like

deskthority.net/w/index.php?title=Keystroke_sensing&redirect=no

there are other non-contact sensing technologies too so it just depends on what you want

>rub out
um.....

tomshardware.com/news/xmit-hall-effect-keyboard-massdrop,33060.html

>buying overpriced rubber dome
End yourself.

Lol
You triggered OP? Fuck off and go make another thread where you come on your over priced ruuber domes.

>electromagnetic keyboard general
Then topres are welcomed here too, even if you don't like them

they aren't welcomed, they are tolerated at best and only certain ones at that

Well to bad. Topres are capacitive, and therefore fall into the category of electromagnetic switches.

Some one made a proper thread. Leave these faggots and let them circle jerk on their shitty rubber domes.

Or you can scavenge an abandoned nuclear plant.

what kind of keyboards did the eastern europeans use in their nuke plants?

Is this what conductlets believe.
Enjoy your key chatter losers

Hall effect knockoffs

this thread is so fucking unnecessary holy shit. It's like the PC building general split up into cpu general, gpu general and RAM general. Why can't you just post in /mkg/? Does it really matter that the technology is a bit different? Perhaps we should open up a keyboard general for all keyboards, mechanical, electromagnetic and whatnot

In the last /mkg/ there was a bunch of shitposting about how topres aren't a real mech and should get their own thread, so /ckg/ was made and then followed up by this

You can get topres.

>Space Cadet
>Lisp machines
My negro