Admit it. You’d buy one if you could afford it

Admit it. You’d buy one if you could afford it.

never bought a pi and never will. arduino handles my needs just fine.

Afford one? Everyone on Sup Forums can afford it.

This is the retarded one

>£31.99
Yeah you're right OP if I could afford this expense I would do it.

i can; what is it

>>£31.99
I think that's a Zero W - or possibly just a Zero.

Not entirely true; I would definitely buy one, IF I could buy 100 of them. Introduced in 2015, still not available in quantity, even though I could afford the purchase.

Any other such product would by now be tagged obsolete and in my eyes the Zero is no different at the moment.

lol what does it have?
I bought esp32 board from aliexpress for like 5$ and it inbuilt bluetooth and wifi.

Are there any good x86 based raspberry pi alternatives?

>lol what does it have?
Not much. Only the best camera options in hobbyist ARM world.

so nothing

so it's only function is a spy camera?, kek, deprecated, there are many solutions now, I personally use an old smartphone for that

Depends on definition of "spy". Think about large-scale data acquisition. Think about throw-away measuring devices. Think about optimizing optical revolution. Think about multivisual omnipresence. Think about presence viewed from outside, instead of normal inside-out vantage point of std. humans.

You are not thinking along these passageways, are you? Why? Do you view all visual feedback as spying? Are you planning to stay limited with your current senses for the rest of your life?

Year 2000 has gone. We live in the future. Welcome to the future, o troglodytes of the past...

wtf is the point of a raspberry pi or arduino if the battery life is so shit?

>x86
>good
m8...

>getting baited by the 3 first post this hard

I can afford it, but I'd rather get VIA or some non-encumbered IX86 SBC

the official rpi recent camera is pretty decent quality wise but it's a shame that they fucked up literally every other design decision because their goal is more education than anything, the mounting holes are 21mm instead of the standard 20mm so things like cctv lens mounts, automatic ir cuts, etc, won't fit without jamming the screws in there or bodging it on, there's two models for ir and regular version instead of just one sane ir option with an official mount for an ir cut, no lens mount by default (see first problem) which is fine as the official lens isn't too bad but it's fixed focus and isn't always focused properly from the factory, fairly expensive all things considered, etc, it's a decent camera for robotics but that's what they designed it for and it's about all its good for
I am a little biased though since I needed things like an ir cut and a lens mount so I had to buy a worse shittier camera module

lattepanda is probably the better known one, but there are quite a few, they are just not that common

It's not about affording one, I'd have money to buy several of these, I just can't justify spending this amount of money just to buy a fruity toy to brag with.

Less than a subway sandwich
Less than a cinema ticket

Dude it's not a 8k 360 degree camera that lets you see anything as if you were there. It's a low end camera. and like he said, there's plenty of old smartphones around that make this much easier.

> throw-away measuring devices
Absolutely interesting, I've thought about this a lot but in the end, there's nothing worth watching. and it's not worth the $25 + 5 + 10 bucks plus some way to get internet to the thing when it will be stolen/taken down in a day.

*if it was available

>Comparing a Raspberry Pi Zero to an ESP32

lol

Baited.png

That is almost triple the price i bought it. meme fake price

adafruit will never see a cent from me. arduino/MSP430/beaglebone serve my needs fine

why?
the 3 is not all that much bigger.

it's mediocre weird broadcom-ware that kind of has some use.

And what will you get more use out of? An RPI or a subway sandwich?
I'll go with the sandwich.

stop being so mean

but I have one

Rpi and derivatives are probably the most accessible and least backdoored platform we have now. Power is just too expensive and x86 is a goddamn mess.

Of course, it's still backdoored. We just don't know exactly how yet.

No.
But i would if i could afford something really cool to use it with.

You missed his point. They made stuff nonstandard for no good reason and hurt there final product.

Why would I want this piece of crap?

What is it for?
genuine question