twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

By googling

you don't

dotnetperls.com/

also, pic related

on school

Do what I did
>Get a junior C# dev job at a large company
>their senior devs teach you everything about C# and anything else you would like to know
>Quit after 1 year
>Get hired somewhere else as a senior dev

does anyone have a codeacademy-like site for c#?

Go to India for an intensive crash course

>C#
>hard
Seriously user...

You don't. It learns you. Via telemetry.

ctrl+space

>1, download and install visual studio if you are on windows or mac(vs on mac is actually just a monodevelop rebranding).monodevelop if you are on linux
>2,go through this pdf tutorialspoint.com/csharp/csharp_tutorial.pdf

Type what you think you want and intellsense will pick it up if you're within the same continent of distance away from it

Google "Learncpp" start there and ditch c#

Savage!!!!

Me again. I meant to go back but forgot I don't have captchas anymore so it posted.

I'm guessing since you are literally asking how to learn, you will need it absolutely spoon-fed to you. I don't know of any spoon-fed c# material.

C# will not teach you the inner workings of programming, while learning CPP forces you to understand the how/why/where of every piece of code you write.

I know it's a highly controversial topic but I don't agree with people who say "Learn Js or c# first" if you have no background. For instance, to be a competent Js developer you need to understand how the web actually works, but learning js won't teach that to you.

Same applies for c# vs CPP. C# allows you to skip SO much of what CPP forces you to not only learn, but understand. While actually learning CPP allows you to pick up c# easily and more quickly write what you need since you'll actually understand the shortcuts it grants.

Just my 2c

Rajasthan University sir

it's extremely easy

>Get a junior C# dev job at a large company
Currently at this point because I'm getting laid off next month. What do?

Okay that got me

how'd you get hired as a senior dev after just one year?

let alone, How did you get a job as a junior C# developer with zero knowledge or experience?

Because it isn't actually how good you are, it's who you know.

Derek Banas m8.

Lets settle this here and now faggots!
Passing an argument by pointer vs passing an argument by reference.
Which is better in which situation faggots?

C# was stupid easy to learn. Just install VS Community or whatever, open MSDN in a tab, and then let Intellisense do everything for you.

Start with java then go to C#

You don't.

>learning C#
kek
just learning java

Either go for those tutorials made by pajeets or don't learn it.

Get unity and make something fun with it, like a 2D game where you stalk linus and secretly makes him drop things with your psychic powers.

Learn Java, then you'll automatically know C#

Just wanted to thank you for linking that book

T.pajeet

The book you linked is not updated

Jesus christ

Sound advice user, and worth at least $.02. I cut my teeth on C++, made a game engine, then became a game dev and wrote tons of C. C# came much later, but if used properly it’s a Jedi weapon of business software development. But the workings of the heap and so on could bite a n00b hard if they start with it - they’ll literally have no idea what IL is, no clue about real memory management or performance optimization. I knew those things first, so now my c# code is relied upon by many others, since it works, and I plan and prepare for when it breaks.

The best part - c# is very very fun. With the .Net core out, I’m finally able to make a real, web GUI project that works on windows and Linux. Life is good in Microsoft land, cuz they innovate.

t. unemployed manchild

>web GUI
What did he mean by this?

ASP.NET Core.
A bit of HTML here, a bit of JS there, and you can mimic a super-responsive, super fancy platform-independent GUI in a browser.

Lets you bypass the issue of multiplatform GUI with C#, at least until Microsoft pulls a truly platform-independent UWP out of their hat.

1000% this. Ive thrown 10+ apps in LA for asp.net jobs and havent even got 1 call back or response. Its all networked out and nepotism

It seems that a lot of people get the basic grasp of it through unity or XNA or some other trash like that. That's really the only thing it's good for unless your doing some bs database shit on Windows that requires it.

>C# is not pajeet-tier

Listen to a song that starts with the note C#.
After a few listens, wait a while and see if you can replicate the note by whistling or signing, then play the song to see if you got it right.
Try this a few times, if you do not succeed, you never will, because you do not have perfect pitch.

You use C/Java knowledge, no mistery

solid 70% of junior hires are based on buddies who loop them in, this is why people actually pay for school.
Be really good and have a crapload of tangible projects that show off your skill, also again knowing people internally helps a lot

First of all Microsoft Java and second you learn like any other language you fool.

You don't

Read/Watch Java tutorials and OOP.
C# is indeed a better language. But Java have the best API documentations.

i torrent Jewdemy courses

>mistery
Java programmers, folks.

This is optional telemetry within Visual Studio. You can disable it, or can use something like MonoDevelop or Sharp Develop.

>this
you'll get the basics from this. I learned more from necessity, wanted to do something with unity and had to learn how to do things with the code.

In mother Russia, C# learns you!

Just start programming stuff, it's a pretty "normal" language.