Tfw you fell for the 16GiB of RAM meme

>tfw you fell for the 16GiB of RAM meme

Your parents cry every night because you've never fallen for the employment meme

>one chance at RAM
>16 GiB

>GiB instead of GB

>mfw I realize I have ram privilege

>Fell for the 4gb ram meme
Just want to end my life for over paying

>tfw i've been seeing this same exact thread for at least 2 years now
don't you guys get tired of being stupid?

>he doesn't run ganoo loonux VM on his bindows gaymen rig for maximum comfy

op irl

kek'd

Yeah, I should have gotten 32 gig when RAM was cheap. Oh well - I don't really use any more than 12-14 anyway, so having 16 should be fine for the near future.

I'm using a 512MiB i686 desktop. I have another 1GiB stick laying here but I've yet to need it and I wasn't sure if it wasted power just being plugged in or not.

I fell for 16GB of RAM memory. No ragrets!
>Run gayme server in background
>Firefox with whatever number of tabs
>Thunderbird
>Couple terminals
>Few other programs
And if I want I can play a gayme while everything is open. Never regretted buying multicore CPU unit and 16 GB of RAM memory!

Seemed like overkill but then I started playing PUBG.

i fucking wish since i wont be able to afford 8gb of ram with the way the prices are going

Back in the day I bought 16gb 2400 MHz DDR4 on sale for $60. (2015ish)

>tfw gutted computers the university was throwing out
>tfw got approx 80 gigs of 4 and 2 gb ddr3 sticks, a bunch of celerons, and some network cards
ebay here i come

tfw fell for 40 MiB ram

>Literally took 2 min to open terminal

*Gay*

>briefly think about upgrading to 16GB from 8
>look up prices of 16GB DDR4 kits
>change my mind
Fuck smartphones for driving up the prices so much. I got my 8GB kit for $60 back when I built my computer months ago, that same kit is now $100.

>unironically concerned about the electricity usage of a 1GiB ram stick
are you powering the PC with bike pedals pajeet?

I lol'd at this and I don't know why

I'm not saying price hikes for anything aren't shitty but $40 more is literally nothing how much of a poorfag are you?

kek

my boss bought me a dell workstation with a 6700k and 32gb ddr4 last year

ask me anything

It isn't about absolute increase but % increase
I bought DDR4 during a promotion after skylake release and I would have to pay double to get the same ram.

When will Drumpf be impeached?

Okay, thanks.

Well you did buy it during a promotion is it that much of a surprise?

Tomorrow

He was replaced with an antifa body double on Nov 4

I mean it was only like 10 bucks off because they made too much of the slower speed ram, even the shit below 2k has exorbitant pricing

16GB is good for linux plus windows gayming vm with vfio

>12GB of RAM on muh freedompad
Enjoy your botdebt monkey

>lol it's just $X more than it's worth, what are you poor lmao
Every fucking time with you retards. It's not about not being able to afford it, it's about value for money. If you don't know the value of a dollar you are almost definitely a poorfag yourself.

How good is gaming in a VM? Better than wine?

16gb is starting to become useful for gaming, and is really useful for anything non-gaming related.

Way better than wine. In Destiny 2 4k I get 80 frames on high. That's with a 4790k and a gtx 1080

Qemu, VM Player, Boxes, or Virtual Box?

You're probably not noticing it, but you're saving quite a lot of time as windows/linux is caching all your most used files on your bigass RAM.

Qemu. You need a spare GPU to passthrough. Linux can't use the GPU that windows will use. So you have to have a 2nd gpu or use the iGPU on your processor.

Value of a dollar is subjective. I have a lot of disposable income and am happy to pay more to indulge my interests. $40 isn't that much more for RAM anyway it's not like you need to upgrade it all the time it will last you a couple years.

Same. Single, no little shits running around. 70k income. I can pretty much spend as much as I want to on ram