It's not a thinkpad or a mac

>it's not a thinkpad or a mac

Other urls found in this thread:

npr.org/sections/money/2014/05/09/310114739/whats-your-major-four-decades-of-college-degrees-in-1-graph?ft=1&f=93559255
topics-cdn.dell.com/pdf/xps-15-9560-laptop_setup guide_en-us.pdf
youtu.be/PyJmcVh0E94
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>go to uni
>99% of laptops in the wild are macs
I don't get the appeal.

npr.org/sections/money/2014/05/09/310114739/whats-your-major-four-decades-of-college-degrees-in-1-graph?ft=1&f=93559255

wat?

anyone else consider how the MBP's without a dGPU literally have no excuse for being so thick? My T540s has lots of ports and compatibility + repair-ability while modern macbooks are heavy glueballs.

Agreed though, memepad or memebook are the only acceptable laptops, with gnu/linux'd chromebooks up there also.

what happens when boomers/older genXrs buy their kids/grandkids computers

>trusting Hell
>ever

>it's not rock or electronic music

I like mb also windows ultrabooks
But how come almost everyone are using macs matterfact they dont need srgb or any graphic softwares....this is absolutely sick !
The fun thing is, one guy who works with the hardest 3d tasks for animation, v editing and such...is using a thinkpad
While goofy ass art ho aesthetic kids using mbp just to browse printerest.

I think he is making the point that like 90 percent of those in uni don't take computer science or that they aren't into a tech related field thus meaning that most people in uni are not tech savy

They are pretty solid and have a good service manual and parts availability.

Better than Lenovo's Thinkpads.

There's a lot of genuine criticisms to make against the MBP, but thickness isn't one of them.

Fitting in, looks pretty, has good mouse gestures, status symbol, le no viruses, no crashes.

not heavy
looks good
just werks
& no other laptop can be all 3

WRONG
>go to actual uni
>it's electrical engineering, not fucking gender studies
>it's all thinkpads and dell latitudes

>go to actual uni
>50-50 split between Mac and Thinkpad/etc., regardless of course
>except in hardware related courses, which are sausagefests, where the split is 50-50 for Thinkpad and other languages, almost no Macs, except for the gay looking fags who worship JavaScript instead of Verilog

>american university

You just explained an x220 with win7 or Ubuntu.

Elitebook 2570p > X220/230
fite me

windows(any) doesn't work
over 1kg = heavy

What do you need to do that requires a laptop lighter than an x220? Are you charged on the bus by weight or some shit?

Found the soyboy

>american uni
>real uni
pick one

Macs always suck and modern thinkpads are dogshit.

>almost 2 kg
how? My 7 years old HP Probook is 2.5Kg and it's display is almost thicker than the whole macbook altogether

MacOS
Though most faggots just buy because it's made by Apple

BASED
A
S
E
DELL

topics-cdn.dell.com/pdf/xps-15-9560-laptop_setup guide_en-us.pdf

>over 1kg = heavy

I think a lot of the weight is going to be the battery

>80% of the thing is battery so it'll last long, when it's new
>expensive so must be good (parents of uni kids have a lot of money)
>able to browse facebook
>able to use word
>able to use whatsapp and imessage
>slim
>minimalist thus modern design, modern so it must be good

>g e n d e r s t u d i e s

You won't see Macs on any Engineering or Science universities
You don't have to be smart not to use Mac, you just have to be "not stupid"

I use a ThinkPad myself and I'm doing a /genderstudy/ but it's not a question of being stupid or not. It's about whether you care about technology at all. Or privacy for that matter. People aren't dumb, but they are sheep. Not that they're directly to blame that they are sheep, it's a social construct.

well yeah,
sheep = can't think for him/herslef = is fucking stupid

There isn't anything tecchy about thinkpads, if you want a cheap but durable laptop you buy a thinkpad, if you're a sheep who can't think for himself you buy whatever society forces you to buy

You can boot Arch and do all that tech stuff on any other laptop, but you can't drop any other laptop and than spil your coke on it, after someone steps on it, and than continue using it. And all that

Comp Sci major here..
My math classes overlap with Engineering majors so it's not all comp sci kids but I'm the only one with a thinkpad (t61p).. everyone else either has a
> Macbook
> Gaymen Laptops
Literally no in between
To my knowledge I'm the only one running GNU/Linux
Feels good though because the Professor uses GNU/Linux and is always bashing Windows and MacOS
> In Class
> Prof: "Mac's operating system is shit"
> Some Kid: "It's called OSX"
> Prof: "I don't care"

>Prof: "i don't care"

I'm sitting in a lecture for one of my engineering classes and thrre are 2 dell latitudes, 1 thinkpad, 1 MAC, and some chink laptop with tape over the webcam. In my computer science classes the ratio is basically the same except with an extra MAC and one less dell latitude.

U r gay

>> Prof: "I don't care"
MACTODDLERS BTFO

All of those are lies except for the fitting in and status symbol

>At commie university
>90% of the students have Macs
>say it's good for the price
>surprised when planned deprivation kills them

It was a free HP pro with a broken screen. Cost 60 bucks for the new screen. Dayum...

>Gaymen laptops
Ya ain't wrong but they typically have discrete GPUs and I have a hard time quantifying that as a bad thing. Maybe if you live in a third world country and have to sell your plasma for electricity/battery charging money.

Also am a CompSci major but really Linux is best as a server OS, imho. The cli on Linux is delightful compared to literally anything else

Actually it is but not in the way did
That shit should be thicker
At least 15 inch version

Macbook Pros are great university computers. The power you get for their size is pretty good, they fit nicely into a bag full of notebooks and a textbook or two. They have bright high resolution screens, good battery life, a large trackpad which is less fatiguing to use for hours on the computer and the retina display reduces strain on the eyes when reading PDFs and other text for hours. Sure they're expensive but you buy a laptop once every 3-5 years might as well spend the money and get a good high quality one. My rMBP is approaching 3 years old and it's still quite capable. Has taken a lot of abuse and isn't much worse for the wear either.

youtu.be/PyJmcVh0E94

Same

2 rupees have been deposited in your designated shitting street.

>it's not a Librem

I didn't say they were absolute truths, just that those are the reasons people give. I'm a Thinkpad fuccboi myself.

> Prof: "I don't care"
kek

In one of my classes a fucker has an alienware laptop. With the alienware backpack and everything.

>x220 is too heavy for my girl hands
This is just sad. The x220 is the perfect laptop for college and university.