I was curious about what language is suitable for someone who wants to make games for fun in free time?

I was curious about what language is suitable for someone who wants to make games for fun in free time?

can anyone here that does this recommend a good langauge for doing this?

I know a lot of people will say c++ or python, but what is the preferred for beginners in game programming?

assembly

Complete beginners should stick to using a prebuilt engine.

This is the correct answer

You'll be limiting yourself if you choose Python. It's a great language but it's not the best choice for gamedev. Don't bother with C++ unless you're deeply interested in C++. Check out MonoGame if you're interested in doing custom stuff yourself. Really though, if you're making things "for fun in free time", something prebuilt is literally what you want.

what would you recommend or are there any sites with recommendations? I want to try and make an rpg, runner or bullet hell/galaga clone

Learn C# and make your bullethell in Unity. There are tutorials specifically for bullethell in unity, just google it.

RPGmaker

Sounds like you want GameMaker/RPGMaker

i like the chapter where she fucks her dad but i feel extreme regret afterwards, as with shindol works

thanks
been looking into getting rpg maker for a while but wasn't sure if i was up for it, missed my chance to get it for a good deal on humblebundle, so i'll keep that in mind.

lel

pls no

Decide how you want to make your game. I use unity, and Unity is built to work with C#, so I'm learning that at the moment.

Use game engines Unity (uses C#, do not touch javascript) or Unreal (C++).
You get actually some shit done which motivates even more to learn. When you are more experienced how things should, build your own game.

Im still disgusted by that manga even who ive read it many ears ago.

this but unironically

im waiting for movie adaptation tbqh since it got popular outside sadpanda

You should feel bad for posting that OP

Is this not on exhentai?

>game programming
Just learn C# and use Unity... That is likely the easiest. Except of course C# has very shitty resources to learn so you should learn another programming language that is better suited for beginners. Java is very similar to C# and you can make games with java as well (Minecraft was made in Java) it's just not particularly good for it)

C + SDL

Lua

If you just want to make games for fun just use crap like Construct 2, Gamemaker, Stencyl (lmao don't) or Clickteam Fusion. There been a bunch of Humblebundles and shit that gave Gamemaker and Clickteam Fusion for pretty cheap so you could look around and even buy them to get rid of limitations.
Though I would personally go with Construct 2, it's the most user friendly yet powerful for some reason.
Stencyl if you don't want to learn any actual programming, as you can use drag and drop blocks. Though I think Sup Forums will kill me for even recommending it because of this.

Unironically templeos. It's seriously really good for that.

C# with Unity engine. Anyone who tells you anything else is a fucking retard and/or an autist.

Did she deserve what happened to her Sup Forums?

If you're looking for a language to learn, it's Lua. A C language would be good for engine design, but that's not really "making a game" and is more "making the foundation of a game" and involves a shit ton of math and very little fun creativity. Most engines allow you to build stuff on top in Lua or JavaScript (or something similar to JS).

Learn lua (it's as easy as python, it doesn't have as near as support sadly) and maek gaem in love2d. It's a framework (not as limited as a game engine and the dirty work is all done) and the forum is great.

I dont know if you noticed this, but like 20 games are released a day, depending on quality

making games is no longer a thing, it's like making your own lemonade stand

What about C# + Monogame?

She knew what she was getting into and had multiple chances to stop her situation worsening. It actually sickened me that she didn't OD in an alleyway getting pumped by a meme dog

>movie adaptation
i can only ask for Gaspar Noe in charge

What the fuck are you all talking about

Did you finish it last year?

Lua 5.1. Everything else is garbage.