What printer do you own, Sup Forums?

What printer do you own, Sup Forums?

An ImageWriter II

You still use printers?

I need one for printing out my hijacked pdfs of my textbooks, and college papers.

a gaming one

Very nice. My Okidata 82A performs much better now that I got a fresh ribbon.

None, I don't own a library

I steal pages from my University. Don't need a printer. Just go to the library and hit print.

No I print everything I need at work.

scx-4300. it eats toner like a freighter eats crude oil BUT if you're smart you can get cartridges form ebay for like 1$. Also the scanner just werks on my mbp. Use it a lot for all kinds of correspondence that needs to be in paper and for reading important work papers

> they can't update their fonts
Why even live you plebs?

printers are ruining the planet.

They charge me 10 cents per page :(

why do all in one printer doesn't have 14 inch scanner?

burn a book save the trees in the process.

Imagewriter II had TrueType fonts. No shortage of fonts there. Even on an Apple II.
There was a driver for the Imagewriter II on the Windows 95 CD.

HP LaserJet 5M with ethernet card

Hp officejet 6700
It's a piece of shit that breaks about one day after warranty runs out. Printhead clogged with genuine hp cartridges. Cleaned it, a few months later it was worn out, bought a new head for cheap and only use 3rd party cartridges now.
Is there a way to reset the chips on the cartridges? Sometimes the printer randomly decides that it's empty, even if it's still more than half full

Stole this at work, only thing missing on it is scanner duplexer.

Creates pdf scans directly without computer.

Can anyone recommend a printer that doesn't fucking suck up ink / have DRM in their cartridges, etc.?

I have an HP Envy 114- I love it when it works, but the cartridges are super pricey and I gotta re-align it a little too often (when I'm running behind on something, of course).

Refilling cartridges is a pain because there's some protection around that and it still throws errors / sucks.

The US' missile defense system would shoot every one of those down.

thaad is only ~90 - 97 effictive. 3% of 7000 icbm each containing 10 - 20 warhead is a lot.

return this to rightfull owner Jamal

EPSON XP-100

It's ok.

why is FL and NY peppered? instead of most powerful state TX

Should I get a Brother B&W laser, or are they a meme?

None. I use the printers at work.

a Canon IP 2770 with CISS (South East Asian market), the ultimate poorfags choice

Ricoh SP 200

Ricoh SP-C250DN
>color laser with duplexer bought for $69 brand new free shipping
>weight over fifty pounds
>wifi and ethernet
>toner refills available for $12 per color (four carts); toner lasts for 2000 pages
>separate waste toner cart is less than $10; you just throw it out when it's full (around 20,000 pages printed)
Love it although a lot of people bitch about the wifi. Mine is wired.

This piece of shit. Inkjet entierly because my girlfriend likes to print pictures. Epson Ecotank because fuck paying for ink cartridges. Still a piece of shit, though.

If it was for me, it would have been a Brother mono printer. Fuck everything else.

Someone threw this out because it was "broken".
Turns out the black cartridge shat itself, so i stuck in a newish off-brand one, cleaned the insides up and got a free color laser printer.

Brother DCP-L2540DW
It just werks.

I probably sold you this.

All the important places in TX seemed to be marked. A lot of areas are less population dense.

Get a laser printer.

>It's the current year
>People still use inkjets

why?

I beat all of your shit

*chipless cartridges*
*unlimited refills*
*wifi*
*also a scanner*

$20

>Inkjet

they usually save the larger scanners for wide format printers as a way to get lawyers offices or those that deal with larger document sizes to pay up more for the printer

brother and samsung are good on the black and white front, from what i hear
my ricoh requires chips but they pop out with a flat head screw driver from the toner cart and they cost like a $1 each on top of the toner, so super easy to use

always depends on the printer model though, do your research on particular printers, not just brands

population density in the northeast US. a lot of texas is pretty fucking empty

printing pictures at home isn't worth it anymore because costco, cvs, etc. will do it so fucking cheap, or shutterfly or similar if you want to do a big order by mail

lower cost of entry at retail and higher availability at retail
a lot of normies want to print in color. color laser first party supplies are typically $$$$ and most people won't bother with refilling toner (which is harder on some printers than others).

on my ricoh it has a waste toner bin. so to refill toner, I just squeeze toner into the existing cart, replace the chip, put in printer. really easy and not messy. when the waste toner bin fills it's less than $10 and I throw it out and replace without opening

But if your printer doesn't use a waste toner bin, then you have a waste toner compartment in the toner cart. then you have to get the waste toner (the toner that doesn't adhere to the page) out. A regular vacuum doesn't have a fine enough filter, so if you tried to use it the toner would pass through the filter and then you'd get toner everywhere, so you have to buy a specialty vacuum or just try to dump it (messy as hell and not at all fun to deal with).

printers are such pieces of shit

I just go to the library when I need to print twice a year

>as a way to get lawyers offices or those that deal with larger document sizes to pay up more for the printer

that's a shady business practice no wonder progress is slow.

an hp laser printer. need a new toner tho. I have a brand new toner my mom got from a donation place but I can't use it because its for a canon or something.

I have the 2707, I also sell them in retail. Shit is cash

HP Laser Jet P2015dn

what is dis?

A plotter.

laser printer. inkjets are the biggest piece of shit scams around.
>buy inkjet and rarely print
>doesn't work and you need to buy a new cartridge
they make that garbage so if you use it constantly then it'll simply break. it's like if you don't turn on your computer it'll die in 3 months. what a fucking piece of garbage they say.

they don't even tell you this either unless you go looking everywhere for info on it

is it different from a printer or just a fancy printer

Canon iP4200
very old but at least I don't get jewed for cartridges

You have to be 18 to be here.

Or preferably have left the basement once in your life.

... Because it's fucking obvious?

It's liquid. Liquid dries up. It's like if you don't drive a car for three months then you're gonna have shit dry-rotting or a dead battery. Nobody should have to tell you this, you should already have an iota of intelligence to know it already

God you are so fucking stupid

My inkjet has this thing where it knows to clean and prime the headevery 2 weeks so that you can just leave it for many months without printing. I suppose that would drain the cartridge after a couple of years but hey, it's cheaper than a laser if you want to print color.

>Or preferably have left the basement once in your life.

>it's fucking obvious!
is that why they tell you how to plug it into a wall when you buy it, but they don't tell you to maintain it constantly you dumb piece of shit? not everybody wants to print stuff weekly to keep their piece of shit printer working. the printers i used 20 years ago didn't require all sorts of maintenance and just werked.

>it's liquid
fucking retard. they could easily design the trash so the whole cartridge doesn't dry out, but then they wouldn't have useful goy retards like you happy to repurchase stuff constantly

The inherent design of an ink jet printer head makes that impossible. You have tiny nozzles on the ink cartridge which allows ink through to be sprayed onto paper. These holes allow air in. Air causes the ink to dry. Self cleaning cycles when printers are powered on or idle will occasionally spray ink through the nozzle so they don't get clogged causing poor print quality or inability to print. This is also why most printers will use a little bit of color ink even when printing on a black and white page.

Simple physics win, most users print enough where the cartridges drying out are an issue. The price point that consumers are willing to pay for inkjets typically fifty dollars or less makes developing serious enhancements to the heads non feasible as you would not get the return on investment required. Trying to improve the ability of the printer to reduce air exposure to the cartridge would increase the price then nobody buys your printer.

If you don't want shit to dry out buy a laser printer.

>most users print enough where the cartridges drying out are an issue
which is why they tell you on the instructions how to plug it into the wall, but then can't remind you to print stuff weekly otherwise the cartridge will dry out. it's also why when you look around at these pieces of shit or even at reviews nobody mentions it. inkjets are garbage and it's more or less a scam to drain money out of your pocket.

if you didn't turn your computer on for 3 months and it'd die then there would be warnings everywhere. mysteriously there's always dumb faggots like you shilling inkjets without mentioning this fact though

>it's like a car!
no it isn't. a fucking car is something you're paying insurance for and use to travel around. printing shit on a $50 printer isn't a given especially for people who rarely use it. if you aren't driving your car for 3 months then you have a lot more to worry about than any car maintenance.

>tfw I live at the very bottom of Texas
>at least I'll be taking all these beaners down with me.

I haven't used it in practically a decade, it's just the only printer I own

>Roland

....really?

*prints your path*

NO!!! NOT TIJUANA!!!

Office jet pro something, damn thing is too big

Nice, solid printer. If it wasn't so huge, I probably would've kept mine around. I did hold onto a Stylewriter.Thing blew my mind when I first saw one. It was completely unlike any (consumer) printer at the time.

Print head ok? I used to have a Microline92 and the pins got misaligned after a while.

Canon MP 287 which i only use like once a month. Also the catridge is a bitch to re-fill, but never bother now since i got like 30-50 catridge every month.

Used to own some HP printer that i fucking hate. Never buy from HP now.