Apple phones the only phone that can be locked

>apple phones the only phone that can be locked

What do you think Sup Forums?
How can we inform people so that the general public can understand tech better?

>Normie tech rage thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

engadget.com/2016/07/21/kickasstorrents-apple-facebook-homeland-security/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

/ourguy/ has a right for privacy, I'll give Apple that one

/ourguy/? fuck off you autist

It is literally bullshit. The news just wants you to think that people who do evil are protected by society/corporations and the government/justice is powerless.

We can start by not listening to the general public.

He's not being "protected", really. He's dead.
facebook /lisa.hullum/posts/10207865004741581

honestly, if i were going to do something like that, I wouldn't use my phone in any way to be connected with it.

what?

I don't think you would be concerned about your phone security if you're planning to go down shooting.

they're trying to get into the dudes phone, right? if i were to do something like he did i wouldn't bother to use my phone in any way that can be connected to the incident. Encrypted or not, nothing on it would give hints to motives or info on how i prepared or whatever.
obviously not, but then the media wouldn't need to throw this big stink over the guys phone being encrypted

So he's dead... Who cares what's on his cell phone? I swear, Americans are a bunch of retards.

Someone could have helped him, or something...

>people who do evil
>possible co-conspirators on his contact list

I hope your stupid gets fixed.

Apple products protected paedophiles.

>they're trying to get into the dudes phone, right?[..]
Ahh, ok. Got ya. Yeah, but not everyone thinks like (((us))). He could have a bunch of info on his phone.
I think this is an attack on crypto?
>crypto is bad, we can never get into the mass shooter's phones, b& it!

without a doubt that's exactly what it is.
>(((us)))
are you implying we're jewish? you're using the parenthesis wrong

Just another PR game

They already tried to ban encryption over paedophilia in the 90s I think. Didn't work but it's bad enough that they tried.

Government has been bitching about encryption forever. One would think that before now, the government would have tried to ban fire to keep people from burning documents.

We have a right to privacy, guaranteed in our constitution. They just have to get comfortable with all that this entails.

Is that what that shit means? I get it now, it's a Sup Forums thing, right? I don't browse Sup Forums, but it makes sense it's implying jews. Kek.

Also, if the general populace is like OP's pic, then the gov, or whoever can make them all believe encryption is a bad thing, easily.

Helped him how?
>"Dude, is it a left or right on main street?"
>-"uh... I think it's a right"
>"Thx!"

But no, I was implying that we're aware of shit such as evidence being left behind.

indeed, it's a sad state the world is coming to when people think that way.

It's literally from a chrome extension that would search for Jewish names and put ((())) around it. Jewish people then decided to co-opt it and use it themselves for a time.

So yes, the parenthesis are a reference to Jews.

>san bernandino terrorist muslim shooter?
>fuck u FBI we aint unlock

>some random ukrainian weeb that was admin for kickasstorrents website?
>sure we give billing info for that song he purchased on iTunes 10 years ago

Gave him the weapons? He was crazy, someone could have influenced him to do it. Anyway, I agree accessing his phone is fucking stupid. But who knows, he could have been contacted by a someone or some shit.

>some random ukrainian weeb that was admin for kickasstorrents website?

interesting. story?

engadget.com/2016/07/21/kickasstorrents-apple-facebook-homeland-security/

If he was smart enough to encrypt his phone, he would be smart enough to password protect an encrypted messenger, making the device itself useless.

I don't even want to kill anybody, and my phone has a 25 digit long passcode and another password for Wire. Breaking one encryption wouldn't break the other.

>safe is locked
>won't unlock safe
>no back door into safe
omg we need to force back doors into safes
>hur dur you can just drill yourself in!
the process of doing that has a high probable chance of destroying some of the goods inside of the safe. depending on the quaility of the safe. so its not so simple as it sounds and why they interegate heavily to try to get the suspect to fork over the key / code.

also software is software. just like a safe with trying to find other means to penetrate into it, you can find vulnerabilities in software.

Why wouldn't that guy use an encrypted mailbox with multiple aliases? I have a public facing "upstanding" address, as well as a spam address that only gets turned on when giving an email address that I believe will lead to spam (and is then turned off after verification), and 3 private addresses to be used for less legitimate shit. I have yet to use 1 email address, and you can bet your ass that if I was going to be hosting a pirating site, that would be the address I used for ad payments, and nothing else.

>$31 million

Waittttttttttt... So if I make a website with pirated shit, I can become a millionaire? What was his prison sentence, I need to know if it's worth it.

Ok?

He's a fedora tipper who decided to shoot up christians who dindu nuffin. That's pretty damn far away from /ourguy/

THIC

Encryption protects everyone, both law abiding citizens and criminals. Stop being a retard.

This.

Encryption also protects the single mother from being robbed.

>People really think only ibads can be locked

What data can they pull from an iPhone that has been restarted, unlocked, and then relocked?

What data can they pull from an encrypted Android phone that has been restarted, unlocked, and then relocked?

I have no idea what the answer is to either of these questions. I know for a fact that neither has their encryption at its strongest, but beyond that, I have no clue. Maybe you can pull more from Android than iPhone in that situation?

Criminals helping criminals. Nothing new

>>Normie tech rage thread.
back on topic

Why on earth does he think he has the right to tell other people how to run their website?