twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>winfag

inb4 messy gaymerfags

post yours, elitefag

>having a tray
plebs

claws-mail, disk activity indicator, cpu temperature, ram usage, cpu load

>Jobs approved

So THIS is the power of the GNU/Linux operating system with the XFCE desktop environment!!!! Woah!!!!

OM just for style or what is it?

its an app called quitter lol... I cant be reminded of my failuiers and quitting habbits everyday on my desktop lol

Gnome is comfy

I should really delete that system updater Antergos comes with.

*pic

the original icon was an huge Q btw, and I find the hindu symbol somehow pleasing (no pajeet btw)

Mine.

nice padding around those icons you got there mate.

also, mixing colour and black and white. looks fucking great

Let me streamline my shit for you

>nice padding around those icons you got there mate.
?

>also, mixing colour and black and white. looks fucking great
Slack's tray icon is white though.

>Noone has network activity indicator to show when inbound and outbound traffic is happening
Amateurs

LAD

I have conky for that

Qu'est ce que c'est

>all these wangniggers

Linux won't have a systray soon enough if Gnomedevs get their way.

What do you use and how did you add that to your taskbar?

the setup doesn't work in windows 10, so you just have to troubleshoot compatibility to the installer

comfyyyyy

Ok

teach me senpaĆ®

>Using Wire
Why? Signal has a standalone desktop client now.

signal.org/blog/standalone-signal-desktop/

I used signal for an entire year
the new wire android app blows signal out of the water
and the app works wonderful too
and they even have a website version
signal should try harder

Thanks!

>the new wire android app blows signal out of the water
It blows signal out of the water on metadata retained.

I also don't know how you used Signal's standalone desktop app for an entire year, considering that it's been available for roughly a week.

>I also don't know how you used Signal's standalone desktop app for an entire year, considering that it's been available for roughly a week.
Ive used Signal on mobile
while using the chromium webapp
the desktop app is just a repackaged webapp using eletron
you should test Wire, and you would never come back
that or you are shilling your own app

hello here is my systray

what do I win?

>Om, molecule
How high are you rn?

>#cutegang
It's about time that this cartel is stopped once and for all.

>You should test Wire
I have, both on desktop and on mobile. Signal is a better experience. Wire's desktop looks like shit. As for Mobile, it looks nice, but the message format is decidedly worse than Signal's.

As for the retained metadata, Wire retains:
>All of your contacts.
>Unencrypted profile information for everyone.
>Every active conversation you have.
>Every archived conversation you have.
>The frequency that you communicate with your contacts ('top contacts').
>Every group that you're in.
>The unencrypted titles and avatars of everyone's groups.
At least that's what their whitepaper retains.

Meanwhile, regarding Signal:
thehackernews.com/2016/10/signal-messenger-fbi-subpoena.html

>Here's what the FBI demanded on the two suspects, seeking a subpoena:

> Subscriber name
> Payment information
> Associated IP addresses
> Email addresses
> History logs
> Browser cookie data
> Other information associated with two phone numbers

>The request was made in the first half of this year, the court documents unsealed last week showed.

>"All OWS was able to provide were the dates and times for when the account was created and when it last connected to Signal's servers."

Forgot pic.

As much as I appreciate the info, in my case is just a matter of functionality
as i said, i used signal for a year, and I know the bugs like the palm of my hand
the android app is dated as fuck, and the video experience is pretty bad (and I use it every single day)
one day I decided to test Wire... and it was like finally having a current year messaging app
the video in Wire is top notch, and calls doesn't get lost in CGNAT or firewalls
I am not saying it is the best app available: it is the one that works better for me and my usage habits, adding encryption and security to the mix

one thing I particularly like about Wire is that you can use a nick, and restrict the contact list. you can literally use the app without a mobile phone, and that is a plus in the current messaging market

anyway thanks for the req

I forgot: Wire is EU based, and for me that is a huge plus

I'll give you the lack of a phone number, and not needing a mobile phone. That said, the nickname is a problem with me, because you CAN enter in a phone number. You also can't tell who has entered one, and who hasn't.

That means that they could find the identity of someone based on the phone number (that you don't know that they entered), and if they can get him to crack, they will know exactly who you are, how often you talked to them, and potentially what messages were sent. Which means the nicknames are effectively no more secure than Signal's phone number retention. Worse, even, considering the retained metadata.

As for it being in Switzerland, the concept of that being a good thing went out the window after Protonmail started banning people. Maybe if they had the metadata rentiontion of Signal, I could overlook that, but they take a LOT more than Signal.

I have no need for Video, myself, so I can't comment on that, but Audio quality is great on Signal AND Wire. Text is superior on Signal due to the bubbles, in my opinion.

anime website

I understand your point. Also the protonmail debacle. I was a paid account owner and i refunded, but for the whole scammy "5 alias per inbox" that turned out to be one-use only.
I use video every day, and the sound quality in both apps is way better than cellular. The video in Wire is amazing, and true full screen. Signal is good, but it is outdated, tiny... you can also switch from front to back camera in Wire, a really useful feature if you need to show a place or an object while working

as I said: restrict access to contact list in wire, and you end up with just the people added by their handler. really neat and tidy if you just want to have your people

a thing that pisses me off of signal: "notify people when I join signal" turned on by default

>as I said: restrict access to contact list in wire, and you end up with just the people added by their handler. really neat and tidy if you just want to have your people
That's how I used Wire, anyways. If it can pull a signal and send regular texts to non-wire users, it's news to me.

If not for Signal, I would likely continue using Wire (which is what I used first), despite the ugly as balls desktop app and funky text format, and I'll take your word on Video, but since Video doesn't apply to me, I just can't see the advantage myself. For my needs, Signal is better in every single way. I hope, for your sake, that they can get decent video for you in the future.

Hope the same, too. signal is a really decent app
I hope Wire ditches the whole "avatar as blurry background" thing. that is hideous

If any of you Sup Forumsuess the one logo i allow in my tray i will be rather impressed TBPH

Nice thread, thank you op!

is that windows 7?

nope 8.1

I miss the classic theme so much
7 or 8? why people install 8 to begin with?

You have your own place to get in on a convo with you two days ago I was on her in a past that looks like swiss cheese you dense cunt from the and internet explorer for an answer from the fuck and your presence will do nicely with you two days ago I was on her in a past that looks like swiss cheese you dense cunt from my parentals for the costly international call was worth it for winamp years of a website is stuck in the early days of the dense cunts we share this board is the time for beers in my thread and your presence will do nicely.

Wasn't there classic-like option in win10? I tried it shortly, couldn't handle ugly gui and wasted space everywhere (which is serious issue for laptop).

I don't get it... Is this some sort of copy pasta?

they removed it in the final release
I am installing win 7 in my gaming rig as we speak
I miss that aesthetics so much, and the nagging is horrible in win 10

>12hr clock
kys

whats a systray? is important?

user of debian

post your blue screen of death
if you can photograph it .. get it to imgur

How'd you get it to the left side of the taskbar? Unlocking taskbars doesn't allow me to drag it around and just resizes it and I can't see an option in the config which would allow that?

Four of those icons are forced onto me through domain group policies.

boop

Instant brofist

I have a 24hr clock widget fool

move it to the left, then move the windows list to the right, and they swap positions

you are a madman

Is this a bait for winfags?

This is bad.

I thought I'd tried that but obviously not. Works now, thanks m8

I had to unhide it for this pic, normally all you see is the blue dot.

zero bloat
i unironcially don't know how to turn off that little flag thingy

friggin' brainlets with messy systrays

Tray on my lappy

im watching treck atm

you can get rid of the red x by telling it to not tell you about the things its trying to tell you about.

any way to red rid of the line to the bottom and right of the tray?