Linux doesn't have good font re-

>Linux doesn't have good font re-

-ndering.

that looks like poop uwu

>that desktop
Why?

Pedophelia. Common illness on Sup Forums
Only cure is total incineration, though.

nani?

OSX looks like *THAT?* How do I upgrade?!

Technololi board

anime website m8

There's a difference between animoo and gateway pedophelia. Besides, iMacs have big ol screens, are none of these basement dwellers concerned about their parents staring at that shit anymore?
Lord knows no one in the outside world actually obesses over little drawn children in a healthy manner. Don't pull that "but she's 500 years old!" shit either, you're attracted to the appearance of a child, just admit it.
That wallpaper's plain as shit anyway.

its ok shes my gf

It has better font rendering than Windows. Better than macOS is kinda subjective as some folks would rather work with the macOS font rendering.

That looks like garbage OP. It's pretty much undisputed that Ubuntu has the best font rendering of all OSes.

Ubuntu > OSX > Other *nix > Windows

200% scaling makes the quality of font rendering quite irrelevant.

That's barely readable.
I thought apple had high-resolution screens, how come it's smaller than my 1920x1080 screen?

maybe view the native resolution instead of a scaled down version dummy

Heheheh.

Windows gets the worst shit. Defaults are silly, you really have to get used to them. The cleartype settings barely do shit. gdipp is old software incompatible with most shit. MacType has some shitty kerning issues so some shit is actually hard to read, and modern browsers don't work well with it either.

Thankfully at least I can change a good amount of fonts in W7 and Ubuntu fonts don't look like crap on it. Wikipedia will remain terrible but I never read that.

real human beans have eyes the size of tea saucers

>its ok shes my gf

That's pretty much the same as violent ppl cuz videogaymes.
It's bs, 2d >3d

he still hasn't given evidence for the existence of these tea-saucer-eyed children

>are none of these basement dwellers concerned about their parents staring at that shit anymore?

Why assume they still live with their parents? They may well be in a situation where they live in the fucking mud but still manage to spend their money on stupid toys. I don't usually visit /bst/ but there's some stuff there that really makes me think, like you couldn't really convince your parents, be it as a 15 year old, 20, 30, 40, whatever, to have a room looking like those.

This is nothing, check out what Debian GNU/Linux can do

There's a certain swiss banker that spends millions on premium japanese merchandise.

Looks nice, are those defaults or some shit like infinality?

>concerned about their parents staring at that shit
this is an adult website
>Lord knows
can you prove that? and which lord?
>Don't pull that "but she's 500 years old!" shit either, you're attracted to the appearance of a child, just admit it.
i don't think anyone is denying that, what are you even getting at?

go away

Default Debian, just swapped the sans, serif and mono from dejavu to liberation using /etc/fonts/local.conf

Hell I don't doubt there's really "financially successful" people out there that have similar tendencies really. Just because you found your way out of your garbage life doesn't mean you stop your habits, you might as well be like those damn videogame collectors that have 2 rooms full of fucking retro games they're never going to play. All those thousands of dollars spent on fucking cartridges with nice looking covers when in most cases all of that shit has been already digitally dumped. Same with these people.

thanks

Nothing compared to arch.

that's why they're called collections, m8
You think these figurines have any practical uses at all?

Course not. I just haven't figured out what compels someone to keep a collection of things they're not going to display often or ever use at all. Some of these collections are composed of items that aren't exactly rare, just pricey.

Also in the case of figurines sure there's no practical use but imagine items that do have a practical use, but remain sort of rare: they do not get used at all and someone might benefit more from it but hey, collectors got there first so you gotta pay up.

What music player is that?

iTunes

Same thing for me.

Show us a screenshot with good font rendering then. Not this aliased piece of shit.

What is the difference?

linux is for waifus not fonts

font family, some use cheapo sans to eliminate the need for anti-aliasing and, or, font kerning.

Dudes that's shit, look at mine

Dog shit

Nice

Yes, that's why 4k/8k monitor is a reasonable purchase.

It's not so bad

Which browser?

Firefox nightly with webrender

god dammit.

Weebs fuck off.

>inb4 le 4chin is weeb site exde
See pic related.

appeal to wikipedia is a well-known logical fallacy

yikes

this discord terrorist group needs to be purged once and for all

Illyagirl!!!!!!!!!!!

ITT people who doesn't have Wikipedia account.

>his mother's permission

>people who doesn't
Isnt present simple the first shit that is taught in 3rd world schools?

You don't even have subpixel rendering turned on, it's shit.
Most likely the best on the thread, obviously due to the high DPI.
Way better than the other linux screenshot, actually has subpixel rendering turned on and the hinting isn't bad.
More or less the same as above, although I think text could look slightly bolder.
Looks nice because of the high DPI.
Definitely better than both linux screenshots on low DPI with subpixel rendering turned on.

200% DPI scaling Windows 10 Firefox Nightly

Windows 10 Firefox Nightly without DPI scaling

Stop.
I can only puke so much

They look like different fonts

>xd
Fuck off.

ATTENTION ALL WINBABIES
Before thinking your pathetic OS has superior font rendering to any others, please take a screenshot of the following character:

>

and post it in this thread as entertainment for the rest of us.
Thanks.

Hnnnnnnnnnng gimme that wallpaper

>linux has bad font render-

-ing

>bitmap
lel
try a "cat" on a large file in 1440p full screen

a lot of the fonts in this thread seem so dog shit

Looks terrible, at least set it up correctly before posting it

rate

the best.

rate

Who the hell would say that? Its font rendering is one of the best things about Linux

>having to set up font rendering

the absolute state of lincucks

Only in garbage distros.
You had to enable it manually in XP too, so what?

my fucking eyes

trash

Good. Can't tell what OS tho, either Ubuntu or Win10

96dpi or gtfo

Nice owo, you should post it in the desktop threads

maybe someday

GNU+Linux is much prettier than windows. Has been so for over a decade now tbqh senpai.

it's arch linux with subpixel rendering turned on and embedded bitmap disabled

the fuck's with your fetish for blurry-ass permabold fonts and why are you so fucking afraid of sharp fonts with full hinting?

you've got millions of pixels and hate anything sharp

because they look like sh*t

that unironically looks GOOD.

kek

>when you're so autistic you care what your font looks like
Literally doesn't matter above 720p

Thats a fucking piece of shit, even stock windows is better than that

You're a fucking weaboo piece of shit and you should kys for it, but still, thats the best font rendering ITT

anime website

Serious question, does Linux have unified font rendering? I know windows doesn't because some apps look fine while others (especially old ones) look like ass. I'm using macOS right now and it seems that text is rendered the same for every application even old ones, it even scales properly for high resolution displays (something windows can't do).

Please respond, I work a lot with East Asian languages and this is important to me.

>that wallpaper
Holy shit how embarrassing. I really hope for you no one else ever sees this, and even so I'd literally drop dead of embarrassment if I ever saw something like this as my desktop background.

umm whats wrong with having a picture of your gf as your background

r u trying to trick your parents into thinking youre gay or something

>umm whats wrong with having a picture of your gf as your background

Your hand is kinda weird

still manually enabled in Windows 10 (have dual-head tube+FP combo, with the tube labelled 1)

Forgot:
Arch Linux

Any way to improve windows fonts
already using MacType but it often breaks everthing

Font Rendering Enhancer extension on Chrome/ChrOpera
Other than that, you're pretty much fucked on Windows.

What font is that? I might use it unironically

devilish