RIP Apple

Applel on suicide watch! how will they ever recover?

i've been thinking about a thinkpad lately.
how hot those mothers get?

>16:9 trash
No matter how much you hate Crapple, there is nothing that could justify that cancer.

>the inferior laptop is cheaper

Wow mind blown OP

p51 is the worst chinkpad tho
>a fuckin xeon!
lel retard

MacBook Pro:
Has a good operating system
Looks better
Better Keyboard
If you resell it in 3 years you will get 50% of what you paid for it

Chinkpad:
If you resel it in 3 years you will get 10% of what you paid for it.

Wait. If you wanted to get rid of your data, a magnesium cage would be really good as it burns really hot. Whoaaaaaaaaa

Wow Apple shills on full force!

>Operating system
Both can run any operating system. Null point
>Better keyboard
Lol no.
>50% resale value Vs 10% resale value
5 year old ThinkPads are still going for over half their original value. Fuck off.

>Applel on suicide watch! how will they ever recover?

Have you ever used a MacBook Pro?

I must bow to the master of all macfags.

what about laptop fan and removable battery?

>p series
Get out

>If you resel it in 3 years you will get 10% of what you paid for it.

That's actually a good thing. Thanks

>Looks better
why is that important?

It will not help you to fuck, like good clothes or a car

Except it's more standard, and applications are better optimized for it.

He's just an Applefag.
They don't understand that these are work machines not display pieces.

> TrackNipple

I believe the technical term is Clit Mouse

>implying it werks after 3 years

What productivity applications are better optimized for a castrated aspect ratio?

You could make this point if we were talking about gaymer shit or a laptop to consume videos, but if someone is a gaymer or buys a 3k laptop with a Xeon to watch anime, they have problems no one can help them with.

Most applications you usually run maximized, CAD software, IDEs etc..

>numpad
kek

With the money left you can buy another 16:10 monitor if you need it

They all profit from 16:10 actually. What was the last time you used a respectable screen, dude?

Or you can just buy a desktop for half the price. How does this excuse the existence of a laptop with a horrible screen that pretends to be aimed at pros, and idiots shilling for it? There are decent aspect ratios beyond Applel.

>Mac

A macbook trackpad is far better than a tracknipple.

its clear that the macbook is the superior product so the higher price is justified
I mean macs come with the best operating system ever made so that alone is why I would pay 2x the price

>t. mactoddler

>prefering the better product
>toddler
you loonix neets are delusional

>macshit
>turns your zipcode into a smoldering crater if you try to do anything besides textpad
>better product

The state of mactoddler delusion.

Just bought one, ask me anything

Thinkpad RULEZZZ!!!

Are you gay?

>buying a 15" laptop
How do you explain this faggotory?

>800mhz housefire
>for 4500

lmao

What's wrong with 15"?

When did you suck your last cock?

win-derp harder faggot

How does it feel paying $4500 for a pile of shit that's literally weaker than a tablet $600? :^)

No
It sits at home most of the time, but I take it somewhere every now and then
what is a mhz
I have never sucked a penis

ER has made my portfolio pretty happy. Why are you so mad?

>I have never sucked a penis
>owns a mac

Pick one.

it feels good, I can't wait to try my new laptop
haha damn you got me! nice one

don't know why these threads exist, it's either larpers or people that took the bait

How disappointed was your father when you broke the news to him that you're gay?

Seems to miss the point of a PORTABLE computer.

>It sits at home most of the time, but I take it somewhere every now and then
Well, then it does make sense again.

Your room seems a bit too tidy for comfy work, where the fuck do you write lyrics for example?

The way I see it:
12-13 inch = Very portable lappy
14-15 inch = Lappy that's carried around a lot, but also on desk just as long.
17 inch = On desk 90% of time. Lappy occasionally moved though.

>his laptop only has 16GB RAM
what a pleb

that's not my room, it's flying lotus's

You can go way higher on the Thinkpad. I just wanted to make it a more equal comparison (most powerful processor for each, same RAM, same storage, best graphics for each.

good luck putting hackintosh on most thinkpads

>fagintosh

I don’t see the problem :^)

>"I'm a producer" starter kit

what is, that desk? that's like $15k of gear

>"I'm a producer with mommy's money" starter kit
fix'd

Let's not kid ourselves. Nobody is paying 50% of a 5 year old thinkpad, and that's coming from an x220 owner.

If we take the 5 years literally, X1 carbon was released in 2012 and the majority of them on ebay are being sold for around $400. And those are refurbished. Meanwhile they were released for $1400 and up.

Macfags are MUCH more willing to pay for owning the apple logo than the rest of population. You can't sell a thinkpad from 2012 for 50% of its original value because nobody with more than 2 brain cells is going to buy it. Meanwhile people will buy old-ass apple computers just for the feeling of having an apple product.

Hi flotus

>It sits at home most of the time, but I take it somewhere every now and then
Takes it out to Starbucks so people can see him "writing."

stay weird

These threads have to be some MacFag trying to false flag the Lenovo Cult here as a bunch of butt hurt, WinDERRRPP 10 users.

This kind of shit kind of makes me wonder how many people in IT are going to see my Lenovo as a CringeBook / Fedora Explora and think, "He's an Alt-Right shit lord in the skeptic / MGTO faggot.."

t. guy who has both

>le reddit switcheroo XD

>technology illiterate
It's technologically incompetent. Whoever made this is stupid as fuck.

These threads should get pruned, they're pure reddit HIV / AIDS that makes this look like M'Lady central.

Wat?

>better keyboard
try again

I guess to abbreviate for WinDERRRPP icon slappers.

These threads make Lenovo users look bad. Not just bad, but it makes us look like Sup Forums trolls. And Sup Forums's most well known trolls are the Sup Forums trolls.

If you're going to carry around a Lenovo t420 you may as well just slap a "Its Ok To Be White" sticker on the back.

Am brainlet
Why does this make Lenovo look bad?
Who gives a fuck about someone using a T420?
How are Thinkpads and Sup Forums logically related in the minds of average normies who don't typically browse this board?

Does this Mac really cost that much? Or is it exaggerated?

Why didn't your parents teach you to manage you $$$ efficiently?

No it's not exaggerated.
I literally went to Lenovo.com and Apple.com, specced a MBP as high as it could go, Specced the P51 with highest processor and same RAM and storage, and made a quick comparison in GIMP.

Are you saying it's not okay to be white?

Yeah he sounds kinda racist to me

You're right. I'm going to buy a mac. I think while I'm at it I might start marching for BLM and start letting minorities fuck my wife!

Sup Forums has been on normie radar for a while. It was mostly just twitter snow flakes wondering where all the trolls were coming from.

Now Sup Forums is regularly appearing at the top of Google News, if you think this place isn't swarming with normies by now then you are on fucking crack.

This isn't a "s33kr1t hide0ut" anymore, its grand central station for everyone wanting to get in on internet sub culture.

You realize there are main stream news outlets that basically equate jerking off to anime with being a white supremacist?

At this rate, normies will think owning a Lenovo is a "white supremacist dog whistle", and is it? You sound like a fucking Sup Forums user to me.

not mentioned:
significantly longer battery life in MBP
significantly better screen in the MBP
significantly better OS in the MBP

This. Half the reason Sup Forums likes ThinkPad is because a 5 year old system will cost so little and get you through 3 years, easily. A few hardware refits and you're good-to-go.
Lenovo resale value is garbage. Lenovo reuse value is impeccable.
I have a used W530, T410, and T61p. I've given away a W530, W510, and T420. They wouldn't have brought much money if sold, but they probably saved their owners thousands of dollars.

Lenovo users barely exist IRL either way, sans corporations who want to cheap out and few CS fags who want to cheap out even harder with an used thinkpad. The branding isn't strong enough to lead to negative connotation over neckbeards on 4chains. For normal people it's just another dark plastic laptop.

Outside of Apple, only Alienware managed to create branding awareness for normal people.

>corporations who want to cheap out
No, that's Dell. You're thinking of Dell.

Most of the shit you mention is pretty old from times when Lenovo actually tried. They haven't made a laptop worth reselling in half a decade or so.

Shit, my bad. Indeed.

>Lenovo users barely exist IRL
This is exactly the point. I have two Lenovos, ones I bought my self, and I am looking at a third.

I also own three macbook pros, a mac pro and a bunch of other stuff, you know, like a tech professional.

>Outside of Apple, only Alienware managed to create branding awareness for normal people.

This is where you are way fucking wrong, and your autism is showing in that you don't understand "degrees of normal". What is "normal" at a open source convention? What is normal in a dev shop?

In IT there are many Asuse and Dell enthusiast, and while they don't actively say "Why are you using that Lenovo bro, it looks like its from the 80's", it does get looks. People will pipe up to tell me how awesome a Asuse laptop is, or how Dell ships with Linux now etc...

I typically don't engage, but, the use of a Lenovo as a IT professional does stand out a bit, everywhere except here. And here being what is viewed by normies as the hear of the internet hate machine.

>showing in that you don't understand "degrees of normal"
Well, I was talking about super normal people. The ones who know "Apple" and "Samsung" when it comes to phones. Maybe "Sony".

>What is "normal" at a open source convention? What is normal in a dev shop?
These tend to be educated enough not to fall for memes too bad. So the worst reaction you'd get for a Lenovo is more of "wow, this looks quite old school" but not in an overly negative way. Though I have yet to hear anyone praise Asus outside of the price. At least going from my own experiences in Yurop, but doubt it's THAT different anywhere else.

Specially among IT professionals beyond webdev Lenovo is probably the second most popular brand (although Dell is getting more popular with Loonix support and XPS bezels)

>fruity toddler toys
>like a tech professional

>a """""""tech professional"""""""""""""""""

The ABSOLUTE state of mactoddlers.

You might be right. A ton of their lines right now are consumer garbage. The P and T series are still good new. I think a used P71 would be decent a few years from now, but I don't know if I'd say the same for the T series. My last company refresh netted me a T460s, and I doubt I'd want one of these that's 5 years old. This slimline formfactor doesn't appeal to me, and the lack of GPU kinda hurts it in my eyes.

Not really

>CringeBook
tbhfam if you brought that fruit garbage to work I'd fire you on the spot.

>better keyboard
A better keyboard than an iPhone
The keyboard is worse than a blackberry's keyboard

>throttles down to 2 ghz

>what is a MHz

>Fedora Explora
I thought you meant Fedora OS at first, and then I got sad when I realized...

Four slots
Goes up to 64 gb

depends on the model, my x230 is deadsilent because it uses its fans only very rarely. Runs super cool

>I have two Lenovos, ones I bought my self, and I am looking at a third.
>I also own three macbook pros, a mac pro and a bunch of other stuff, you know, like a tech professional.
>a tech professional

imagine having to compensate this hard too seem like a tech professional. 5 laptops and you're looking into a 6th? jesus christ just get 1 fucking machine that works, call it a day.

You could have waited for an incoming AyyyEmmDeee+In(DELITDIS)tel house fire supreme edition combo.

It is only has magnesium at the bottom, you fucking thinkturd shill

Want to help me decide on a laptop?

--- X1 Carbon ---------------------
> Pros:
Trackpoint (obv)
battery: 15hr
lightweight: 2.5lb
cheaper than other options
external gpu option
> Cons:
No touch/tablet mode
No OLED display