Hey, I would like to get into iPhone repair work as a hobby/side job. Have any of you got any experience on this?

Hey, I would like to get into iPhone repair work as a hobby/side job. Have any of you got any experience on this?
I have found some technical training courses in my city that teach you pretty much everything to do with repair work. It's a 5 day course at about $500.

Other urls found in this thread:

learnphonerepairs.com/product-page/mobile-phone-repair-training-course-level-1-2
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This is the training website
learnphonerepairs.com/product-page/mobile-phone-repair-training-course-level-1-2
I'd like to offer repair services but primarily buying damaged smart phones and fixing them and then selling them on for profit.

if you can follow an ifixit guide you won't need to spend that 500 bucks

also: let propranolol be your next best friend.

Ok thank you. What is your opinion on this profession? I think it will get bigger and bigger in the future because of the popularity of smart phones and touch pads. I think there will be good money in the industry.

I'd keep it as a side job and only a side job.

People are saying smartphones will be phased out in the next 10 years.

I don't have a relevant opinion on that matter but I'll give it to you anyway:

This job has probably reached its top already. Phones and phablets break less often or people got used to not treating them like shit. idk.

Popularity for this devices won't grow much more since they're already very popular.

Normies tend to buy a new smartphone even for the most stupid reasons because they don't want to know anything about their devices and need a reason to just buy a new one, instead of bringing them to a repair pajeet

Small profit margins that deteriorate quickly.
You have to get a lot of phones for cheap, and be able to fix them fast enough to sell them before they are worthless. The market is saturated with cheap brand new phones, so keep that in mind when you're reselling.
tldr; market is saturated, and phones are dissposeable, so selling a repair might be more challenging today than it was a few years ago.

Thanks for the feedback.
For £200 I can get training in this:
Taking the iPhones Apart
How to Perfectly Replace Broken Displays
Repairing the Front & Rear Cameras
Fitting New Speakers
How to Fix iPhones with Poor Batteries
Fixing iPhones with Broken Casing or Glass
Over 20 Unique Major Repair Jobs!
Setting up an iPhone Repair Business
How to Establish a Constant Stream of Repair Business
Where to Buy Cheap Broken iPhones
Refurbishing & Selling Them at Over 100% Profit
Advertising the Refurbished Phones to Command the Highest Profit
Where to Get Parts at 50% Lower Prices

downloaded some shit about it called

[FreeTutorials.Us] start-your-own-business-repairing-cell-phones

are vids of some chink doing essembly stuff.

index
1-overview
2-disassembly
3-identification of micro parts
4-diagnosis
5-front screen repair screen replacement using the 8 step grid sheet
6-front screen repair lcd and glass separation
7-microsoldering the motherboard
8-theory
9-business aspect

Literally google those titles and save yourself 200 my man

Awesome, Thanks.

I did this professionally for a while. Trust me, phone repair is orders of magnitude worse than PC repair. TINY parts, glue everywhere, whiny customers, tiny fuses that need replacement, finicky cable folding, etc. You will often end up cleaning up other the bodged jobs of other companies. Customers will whine that the repairs are expensive when the parts are absurdly expensive to you. All of the resources you need are online at ifixit or other places. That is what I used. Believe me, there are better opportunities to get your hands dirty tearing apart technology.

Just watch some YouTube videos and buy yourself the tools.

What other techy sidejobs can you get into?

Pretty much all of that works with connectors and doesn't even require soldering anything. Save yourself the money and learn by work with care and patience.

What I personally would like to learn though is component-level repair. But with everything being fully disposable, it's an even more difficult of a market to get into

>flipping and refurbishing used business machines locally and online
>parting out laptops (parts are always worth more than their sum)
>"trading up"

Or just befriend a local shop owner, that's how I got my job there. A lot of the older machines they have no use for can also be sold for like $40 locally.

This, I've had my shop since 2011 and I feel the best is behind us.

I do phone repair as a side job. It's easy as fuck so long that you aren't autistic with your hands. Battery replacements and screen replacements are easy cash, especially iPhones. Apple charges $170 for a iPhone 7 Plus screen replacement. I can buy the part non-wholesale for $30. I charge $80 to swap the part and it takes ~20 minutes.

Just read the iFixIt guides or YouTube channels. Pajeesh is actually very in-depth with tutorial videos that help a lot if you're doing more niche shit.

Plus Apple (and others) will continue making their phones even more difficult and expensive to repair.

My second job is at a cell repair shop, been at it for a few months now. It's good money but you need to put in a shit ton of hours in the beginning to get enough business to stay afloat. It's a high volume business, since the majority of your profit is labour, and you will only make about 20-50$ per device after your expenses.

Don't spend any money on repair classes. Just do a ton of research on your own for nothing.

You WILL make mistakes while you're learning. Especially so if you start getting into other devices and micro-soldering. Mistakes are expensive, and that's just part of the business. Best of luck buddy

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Just to mention again that this is something that I want to do as a side job and hobby, not to make into a full time business.