Is there any truth to this?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/ewindisch/status/926435446435074048
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/toxic
josephsciambra.com/surviving-gaybarely/
twitter.com/ewindisch/status/926435321587396608
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Whom is this beautiful lady?

It has been known for a long time that the tone on mailing lists is very rude. This however is just a SJW ranting

What the fuck is that retarded tranny even trying to say?

Does the poster have any credibility as a software developer ?

twitter.com/ewindisch/status/926435446435074048
checked.

I would love to see these SJWs debate theo, he would make them cry harder than linus wished he could make them

What will Linus reply

>Does the poster have any credibility as a software developer ?
She apparantly works on Docker, which is known to be an absolute dumpster fire. Also, the kernel is not software.

It's explicit subversion to a kernel's community she either personally does not like, or is paid to subvert.
Basically, SJW bullshit as per usual. See it in politics allllll the time.

>the kernel is not software
?

Kernel is absolutely software.

>implying linus will grace this creature with his attention

Debatable

Linux is not the OS, it is the kernel. The OS is gahnoo.

How many patches did that thing commit?

Zero?

Just as I thought.

Operating system is a synonim for kernel, unless you are normie scum.

I wish I could see them try to full on go after stallman so I could see stallman go full autismo on them and make them wish they had never tried

then stallman goes back to living like a hobo

Not debatable.
You either have software or hardware. Nothing more, nothing less.
How low of a level that software is changes, absolutely, but its still software because, get this;
A KERNEL IS STILL FUCKING 1's AND 0's AT THE END OF THE DAY (in the processors eyes).

>nov 3
Probably from last year, too.

Linus cursing out devs is hilarious tho

>she

It's debatable because 'software' is often used as a synonim for 'application software'. As in "the kernel mediates between the hardware and the software".

they did with libreboot. didn't work out in their favor. in the end they had to admit that it was their own fault and not the fault of whomever they blamed.

Regardless of whether its an application that runs on top of the operating system or software that is the operating system itself, original anons question is still fair game.
What credits does this bitch have to her name to give her any sense of privilege to say that things have to change?

If she can't even do a basic application program, there's no way she can make any meaningful contribution to the discussion of an operating system.

>2017
>writing toxic masculinity
this needs to be outlawed. we must get linux written in rust with lgbt+ poc approved code. no more cis white males and their culture

>Linus brings a toxic culture to the Linux project

Does this goblin know who created Linux?

>She
Sweetie...

It's not debatable. You are mistaken about the meaning of the term software.

Who gives a fuck. It's software. Take you Sup Forums shit elsewhere retard.

I didn't know Loki was reviewing Linux code

>docker dev.
>talking about security.
Really activates my almonds

Supposedly found a zero day.

Linus is the detoxifier, not the toxin.

Antitoxin is toxic to toxins.

Hard means it exists physically soft means it does not
therefore the kernel is software

Other day i was thinking maybe i should switch back to Os X but seeing this was fucking excellent reminder why i jumped on linux train for good.

Praise Linus, Fuck the disgusting tranny SJW

So what's VHDL? What's firmware?

Knowing who Linus' father is, he probably loves trannies, feminists, and Rust.

Linus unironically is toxic af, but I wouldn't have it any other way
Nigga grew up when RTFM was a greeting, and this thing here slandering can't even consider not having a comfort zone
Most old programmers I've worked with would be considered rude by today's standards, but that's because today's programmers have grown up with writing shit code on Github and think that they can do it and get away with it

No it isn't, you just haven't heard it used in any other contexts because you have very limited experience.

VHDL is a hardware description language.
It is hardware.
It doesn't matter if you have a fsm in it, it is considered hardware.
Firmware is software that lies between the hardware and the OS, but it is still software.

Toxins have no metabolism, something can't be toxic to toxins.

Water is corrosive. Apply same logic.

>born just in time to see linus getting bullied out of his own kernel by some aging feminists and their pink haired enabler ally soy boys

en.wiktionary.org/wiki/toxic

She's absolutely right. It's 2017 and it's simply unacceptable that women aren't allowed to edit the source code of the kernel.

>what does "Open Source" mean?

>Linus brings toxic culture on linux
Linus made linux he did not give it "toxic" culture ,it was "toxic" from the start

>linus getting bullied out
good one

>It has been known for a long time that the tone on mailing lists is very rude.
Linus is from Finland you faggot. The country where people will stab you if you are close enough to be stabbed (picture related). The "rudeness" is just jovial and friendly. If Linus ever gave me the finger I would just give him the finger back, no biggie... He's just Finnish.

wow

And here I thought Thor was the only one in Viking mythology that liked to crossdress as a woman.

> The toxic culture Linus brings to the project has made it insecure.
> No attempt to determine what she means by Linus' "toxic culture"
> a couple dozen posts about how wrong she is.
kek

We let them drive cars and look what happened.

theo is gay, you know that right

>And here I thought Thor was the only one in Viking mythology that liked to crossdress as a woman.
I just remembered... In the same story (I am talking about the Þrymskviða story) Loki also dresses like a woman with Thor so it's not so strange after all.

nigger

It’s a lie. I should be allowed to edit at any time and my changes to be applied.

There should be no guy at the top that’s allowed to reject my code. The Linux kernel prevents beginners and women from contributing because of its patriarchal nature.

You say there equality in free software, but there is still a toxic capitalistic masculine hierarchy present.

We need real software equality and now!

>Linus getting bullied

>It’s a lie. I should be allowed to edit at any time and my changes to be applied.
You're free to break the kernel and try to use it if you want. And you're free to publish your broken version of the kernel if you want. Really, what's the issue here? That you're not allowed to cause millions of dollars of damage due to your incompetence?

>people pretend Linux kernel code is perfect and Linus is a genius because someone they don't like stated the thing we're all thinking

>bringing toxic culture.
Pot, this is Kettle.
Kettle, Pot.

No one uses 'software' to specifically mean 'application software'.

>reddit spacing
nice touch
I rate 7/10

>debatable
Can you physically hold a kernel in your hands?
If not it's software

That's just one definition.

how did based linus trigger tumblr?

so is Milo. your point?

There is a severe lack of legislation on allowing the trans, female and other marginalised community to contribute to the mainline kernel. I shouldn’t have to publish my own version and be marginalised. My contributions should be accepted and for the greater community to see.

Once again, even free software is dominated by patriarchal white men like Linux who disparage people who attempt to contribute with his toxic masculinity.

Linus should be removed and replaced with someone who understands what true equality looks like, and his toxicity left to history.

>linux getting bullied out

If these shitstains upon humanity were able, they'd branch or build their own kernel. But they can't. All they exist for is to whine, complain, and troll up shitstorms.

>There is a severe lack of legislation on allowing the trans, female and other marginalised community to contribute to the mainline kernel.
I agree, marginalized communities should be prohibited from contributing to open source projects. That would solve all kinds of problems.

That's the spirit!

josephsciambra.com/surviving-gaybarely/

read this

Oh look, the open source community shows itself to be just as toxic as the capitalistic proprietary software world.

Claims to be about freedom and contribution, but yet wants to lock out others who don’t match with their world view.

Cannot wait for first-world countries to legislate on true development diversity and crush your third-world backwards mindset.

his name was robert paulson

"toxic" is the left-wing version of "degeneracy"

Glad to hear Linus is doing his job well.

this, I enjoy reading it every time. god bless him

the only thing Toxic is that tranny's AIDS blood.

That one definition is the only one when context is computers, and your image says the same. Just fucking accept it. You were mistaken. Now you know a tiny bit more. Find solace in that.

>that pic
kek what a majestic autismo nation

read it from top to bottom
twitter.com/ewindisch/status/926435321587396608

it read like Trump, I am kidding you not
she found vulnerability and only got it fixed by knowing a shareholder in RHEL
jesus

saging and here is eyebleach

Please larp outside of Sup Forums.

No, pretty much anyone who was a part of any internet community in the late 80s up until the late 00s acted like an ass to people when they were being stupid. Linus is just blunt when someone fucks up, as he should be.

>everything that disagrees with me is a larp or a shill.

How about you fuck off back to your containment board?

cute girl

>Oh look, the open source community shows itself to be just as toxic as the capitalistic proprietary software world.
Not giving shitheads like you extra privileges is the opposite of being toxic.

It's absolutely clear to everyone that you're trying to be ironic with your posts, and this does not bring the quality of the board up in any way.

You can see two groups of people that are close friends because they are near each other. You can't usually know that people are close friends at a glance like that anywhere else.

/thread

Yeah, look at all those posts in this thread about how linux is literally perfect.

No, there's no truth to it.

Yeah, Linus IS "rude" on the mailing lists. And it's a good thing. If you submit bad code then you ought to be told that it's a piece of shit code. The kernel would be far worse if he blindly accepted all kinds of garbage spaghetti code just because the submitter happened to be from some "minority" group.

I get why it makes snowflake babies upset, they can't handle being told no and they can't handle someone telling them to try again because their code doesn't meet the minimum standards.

Motherfucker, I want my 15 minutes back.

>pointless rambling by a (literally) butthurt faggot

Why don't these women just fork the kernel?
If their ideology was as good as they claim it to be, their new fem-linux kernel should flourish and upstage the original.

i hope that you're just a bad troll, no one can be this stupid

Maybe people would take xer seriously if xe would stop using purposefully vague SJW lingo and actually address the problems xe thinks Linux kernel development has.

Linus hasn't been anywhere hard enough on these pieces of trash. Theo's foul mouthed autism gave OpenBSD one of the best security records out there.

you’re hopeless then

I agree with him... What a waste of time... what was the point of that?

>and actually address the problems xe thinks Linux kernel development has.
Tell it to him on twitter

Look at her hands, she's touching her engagement ring, lucky bastard proposed right there before taking the pic.

This thread.