What makes Arch so goddamn popular here?

What makes Arch so goddamn popular here?

Sup Forums is mostly NEET's running Ubutu claiming they run Arch and make $300k

Welcome to the internet.

The AUR.

/thread

also rolling release, so get updates before most other package mangers

>rolling release

unless you have new hardware rolling is stupid as fuck, you only want rolling for applications, not base OS

Hipster mentality.

So Arch is a meme?

>unless you have new hardware rolling is stupid as fuck
arch still doesnt support my temp sensors
>pic related

kek

>Arch
>Popular

It's a meme distro that only appeals to "power users".

this is a community for unemployed neets without jobs. so it shouldn't be very surprising.

A really nice implementation of KDE ootb.
Or gnome or any other de I've tried on ArchLinux.

Neet fags have noting to do so they install an OS that breaks daily

Two things:
1.aur
2.arch wiki

Autism

>no install script
>have to do everything manually
>pacman breaks critical packages
>package maintainers don't even care
>install image is still ~500MB
why is this allowed?

I can see virtualizing arch for a build environment, but for every day use? WHY?

>What makes Arch so goddamn popular here?
Posers.

>you only want rolling for applications
I don't know why I'd want it for that, either. It's pretty rare a new version of some application comes along with a feature or fix that I care about. 90+% of the time new application versions are "we changed the UI for no very good reason" or "here's some new features you don't care about, coupled with a regression that you do"

.arch wiki
The Arch wiki is very good but most of its information is not specific to Arch. Its useful to users of pretty much any distro.

arch don't support a lot of things. It's appeal is as a tech support simulator because ytou get so many weird errors.

It has a little more flexibility in terms of installation. A net install of another distro would be almost the equivalent. It's got a pretty good package manager and the AUR, too. Arch and Ubuntu are pretty much all you need.

That's where Manjaro does what arch doesn't

AUR and Arch wiki
If it weren't for those two I could run literally any other distro.

>Manjaro does
Manjaro doesn't do shit.For fucks sake, when will you idiots realize the whole Arch thing is about having the latest kernel and plain vanilla packages that basically come from upstream untampered with? There's no fucking voodoo involved. There's no more likelihood of anything breaking. You get things the way the software devs intended. None of this autistic patching or fiddling with shit because the distro maintainers have some bogus philosophical issue with something.Arch just pipes upstream to you. You don't like something? Configure it however the fuck you want and shut up.

>You don't like something?
Yeah, I don't like how so many upstreams push updates every five minutes instead of maintaining LTS branches. The rolling-release, bleeding-edge philosophy that is core to Arch is my central objection to it. (and to Manjaro, et al)

I look at the arch wiki all the time but use Ubuntu :^)