Most Reliable Laptop Brands

Which are the most (and rank them, please) reliable modern-day laptop brands? The company that makes laptops that will last as close to forever as possible, with nothing breaking? Is there anything backing up your opinion?

Also, between ASUS and Acer, which is most reliable?

Only apple makes metal laptops...........

>The company that makes laptops that will last as close to forever as possible, with nothing breaking? Is there anything backing up your opinion?
>Also, between ASUS and Acer, which is most reliable?
Both are absolute garbage, not kidding.

I HAVE AN ASUS AND ACER THAT HAVE BOTH BEEN KICKING FOR 5+ YEARS. Ooops on the all-caps.

Wow, did your piece of shit keyboard on your ANUS or chubbychAcer get stuck?

Apple is #1 according to consumer reports, Microsoft Surface is the worst.

No, I just look at my keyboard when I type instead of the screen.

Things will inevitably break. The question is how easy is it to fix/replace parts. I'd say a Thinkpad will be the most servicable (t. Macfag, but have owned a bunch of Thinkpads)

Thinkpads? Also dell? Dell may brake (I had hinges on old latitude gave out) but their customer service support is probably best out there. If its under warranty they will get it fixed under record time. And even if warranty is expired they will do it for small fee (or even free)

Mac's are undeniably well designed and made, but if anything does break it'll cost you a fortune (and very often more than the computer is worth to fix).

>most reliable modern-day laptop brand
Thinkpads
>between ASUS and Acer, which is most reliable?
Both are pieces of shit, my Acer "business" laptop keyboard fucked itself up in 2 months
Toshiba is good AFAIK

Honestly, Apple.

unironically Apple. my last MacBook lasted forever and then I just got a new one when Core Duo's became too antiquated

Pleb

Thinkpads pre-2014

Get a buisiness class laptop (e.g latitude)

5 years is nothing, my 10 year old thinkpad still works fine

>Mac's are undeniably well designed
Only on the outside. Inside is all show but rubbish performance components with deliberate breakpoints.

Want to help me decide on a laptop?

- X1 Carbon
> Pros:
Trackpoint (obv)
battery: 15hr
lightweight: 2.5lb
cheaper than other options
external gpu option
> Cons:
No touch/tablet mode
No OLED display

- X1 Yoga:
> Pros:
Trackpoint
Tablet also
Display: OLED display like damn son
spiffy retracxting keyboard
external gpu option
> cons:
less battery life than carbon: 11 hr
very expencive

- macbook pro:
> Pros:
bigger display
native unix
dat trackpad doe
attractive
it's a mac
good battery: 10hr
> Cons:
no OLED option
no trackpoint
limited gaming
very expencive
it's a mac

I've seen some baaad QC on the new x1's all over the lenovo forums, reddit, etc. I want one but I can't bare the fact of lenovo's shit QC fucking me over.

>Sup Forums always tells me that Asus is garbage
>have been using Asus for motherboards and video cards for 7 years with no issue
>Asus laptop that works perfectly with Linux and hasn't given me any problems over the last 1.5 years
>Asus monitor that's been working perfectly for 4 years

I don't get it.

I have an acer (it's a few years old now but this is probably still valid) and it might be the worst piece of shit i have ever used. A couple of years after i got it the keyboard stopped working randomly on thr hardware level. Since then ive been using it in convertible mode with a usb mouse. When i got it there was so much fucking bloat, which most of it i removed but for some reason i occasionally get notifications from acer preinstalled crap. The bios is all locked down and shit i cant fucking install linux on it, installers always seem to crap out and not work. Its a piece of shit that i wish i could replace but i dont have the money.

>consumer reports