Crap or Gold, thread

Powerline ethernet ?
is it crap
or
is it gold

This thread, is it crap or gold?

breddy gud user, if running Ethernet is not an option, this is the next best thing

I use it when I must... Some IP cameras have it as their only source of power...

>american plugs
>no earth

its shite

My roomate used it and liked it better than wifi

Fuck of back to youtube

Depends if your power cabling is good or not. My personal experience? Fucking great. Sure beats wifi.

It got me on the internet

Gold

Unbelievably terrible. Routinely fucks up huge chunks of entire spectrum from 1MHz to about 400MHz. Should never have passed anyone's testing. Banned in some countries for a good reason.

Not as good as ethernet, not as good as good WiFi. Better than nothing and better than bad wifi.

Depends on the quality of the electrical wiring in your house desu. Some people have great experiences with powerline ethernet, some people have bad experiences.

It's copper. I don't think crap is very good at conducting electrical signals and gold is too expensive.

Situational.
Good if house wiring is good.
Bad if otherwise.
I'd rather send my 1s and 0s through electrical wires than through the air though.

Does it even work in an apartment building?

This, I want to know. Can't wire it to my bedroom, and I lose speed on my wifi

I imagine it will as long as other people aren't also using them. It will leave your network vulnerable to the other tenants as they'll have direct access through their wiring.

If Ethernet isn't an option, this hit is great. Saved my ass before

They do have encryption.

if you have a modern house yes, otherwise it's a fucking nightmare finding which rooms are on the same phase etc. They do work but lots of issues.
>implying american houses last that long without being destroyed by a sharp gust of wind.

>double insulation
>earth
meming retard

I use these to avoid harmful Wi-Fi

I remember my friend had a pair of these and every time their mom would use the vacuum, their speeds would drop from 25mbps to 3mbps

Umidigi S2!
Crap or gold?

That usually depends on if their adapters are all on the same phase. If it's on a different phase the signal has to go through the meter before it reaches the other adapter.
If you have your own breaker box and meter it will be fine.
Be wary of what phase you're using for both ends though. You can tell by the breakers. Every other row top to bottom alternates phase.

fucking gold
I have a Netgear powerline set for 7 years
for its horsepower, it lets me stream a 4500 bitrate while still maintaining a connection

welp, this thread got me to buy one

I'll let you guys know how it works out. I am going to use it for my garage pc since it gets no wifi out there, it'll be on a separate circuit from my equipment

Just do moca 2.0
Get 150 up/down

The good: It's low latency, good throughput. Feels like running on Cat5.
The bad: I would have total drops for 10-20 seconds about 2-3 times a day.

It did not correspond to any of my appliance use and I have my own breaker box.

>
>They do have encryption.
The trend net ones have an OPTION for encryption. On mine it's literally a button.

How does powerline ethernet work if the outlets aren't on the same circuit? Can it even? Router is top floor I am in mom's basement.

>house has shit wiring
>doesn't even have coax running to the bedrooms
>wifi is shit
kill me

How does powerline ethernet work if the outlets aren't on the same circuit? Can it even? Router is top floor I am in mom's basement.

Does not work on separate circuits, obviously.

If you know your house wiring then you should be able to tell if it will work for you. If you don't then you should learn that first.

It just werks

This is bullshit, I have three powerline adapters on two different circuits and they work with each other

its crap. you would be better off using wifi.

The signal can go across circuits through the main breaker.

All of the circuits are connected through your main breaker. They have individual breakers that can isolate them but they all act as one big circuit when everything is connected and on.

Would it be safe to use one of these on the same circuit as my table saw, dust collection, planer, and jointer?

Werks gud in my house but I have brand new wiring and the two units are on the same run. Its only purpose is to bridge my wireless network so it covers the whole house.

as long as it's running the same voltage it should be fine.
I wouldn't run it on 240v

Power line is shit. Go moca for gigabit or if you don't need your coax for tv you can use really cheap $9 deca adapters and get 100mb/s

In my case it was worse than wifi in every way.

Yes. Each apartment is on its own circuit, otherwise they would not be able to calculate your consumption. Its no different than a house

How old is your home though

~40 years

I use them to get to the AP that I have in the attic that blankets the entire house. Even with the router side and the AP being on different breakers I still manage 50+mb down 10 up on wifi over it

Quit being a lazy cunt and just use plain Ethernet if you care that much about speed.
Even if you rent there are ways to route Ethernet without messing anything up