NVIDIOTS ON SUICIDE WATCH

anandtech.com/show/12017/intel-to-develop-discrete-gpus-hires-raja-koduri-as-chief-architect

BASED INTEL IS ABOUT TO BRING DOWN THE HAMMER ON JENSEN

INTEL PCIE GPU'S COMING, LEATHER JACKETS ABSOLUTELY BLOWN THE FUCK OUT

AMD AND NVIDIA ARE FINISHED, THANKS BASED BRIAN

Other urls found in this thread:

hardocp.com/article/2016/05/27/from_ati_to_amd_back_journey_in_futility
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel740
instagram.com/jessicabeppler/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

as much as i hate nvidia, this kind of shit posting is cancer.

also im no fan of raja, it will take 5 years before we see a product.

i can only hope that intel makes some decent gpus.

Yeah, they really sewed the market up last time with Laughabee. I'm sure this time they'll be even more successful. They'll make literally hundreds of dollars a year!

They probably won't be gaymur GPUs though so enjoy your workstation card

serious question , how come intel never managed to make good GPUs ? actually did they even try to make discret GRAPICHS cards ?

JUST POO IN...

Who are those anal amazons?

Cuz making state of the art graphics cards is hard. You don't just jump up and kick everybody's ass cuz you feel like it no matter how much money you have to throw at it. Nvidia and AMD are really good at what they do. It's the same reason nobody makes an Office suite that competes toe to toe with MS. Or a search engine that's better than Google. Both companies have rich as fuck competitors but money isn't enough when the incumbents have such a huge lead.

Are the GPUs going to have a separate management engine that mines bitcoin for intels shekel grubbing jewlords?

>raja

Keep him. He fucked Vega up in ways I would have never dreamt of before.

Let's replace bad business practices with a fucking sauron, that will heal what ails ya

But the ideas behind Vega are sound, its the execution that is lacking.

another retarded gaymur redditor detected

free software groupies. these types of bitches lust after dudes who develop free and open source software

> It's the same reason nobody makes an Office suite that competes toe to toe with MS.

lol

>having alliegance to one faceless corporation over another
>not just buying the best price/performance hardware when you need it, regardless of manufacturer

This

The chief architect doesn't actually touch the product you retard. Go ask engineers how many of their leads actually do any substantial ground work in engineering, almost none. Vega has lots of good ideas, like the ultra-general geometry engine that can run whatever shaders they hypothetically feed it. Though I'm not sure you can call it truly programmable if they're not exposing to developers. inb4 the dumb AYYYMD shill who insists modern pipelines are completely fixed function (they're not, it's a bunch of multi-function units that are non-fixed function by definition)

OMG SO HAWT SAUCE PLS :)))))

never trust the eternal 'jeet

Modern GPU pipeline still has a fuckton of FF shit.
But yes, Vega's NGG is clearly the most sane and straightforward solution to geometry, go ask Sebbbi.

So instead of POO IN THE GPU we now have POO IN THE CPU

Fuck Raja and his whining ass, buck passing.

He couldn't ride Kellers coat tails after Keller designed A4 and A5 at Apple. And RTG was his baby and it was fucking stillborn because he was incompetent as fuck as a manager. Now he goes to Intel where he will get to hide in a lab and absolve all responsibility if his shit doesn't work as advertised instead of being put on blast by Mama Su for being the snake oil salesman he is.

He is the reason the mobile Zen APUs suck ass because his architecture is so fucking power hungry.

And Vega workstation cards are a joke. They are the literal Bulldozer of GPUs.

He is the most incompetent engineer I have seen in the tech industry in a long, long time.

>He couldn't ride Kellers coat tails after Keller designed A4 and A5 at Apple.
He and ATi dudes are the sole reason Apple's PowerVR implementations are good.
>And RTG was his baby and it was fucking stillborn because he was incompetent as fuck as a manager.
Can't do shit with no money.
Money was going into Zen, TAM for CPUs is like 10x of GPUs.
>He is the reason the mobile Zen APUs suck ass because his architecture is so fucking power hungry.
What the fuck, the iGPU in Zen APU is hilariously good.
>And Vega workstation cards are a joke. They are the literal Bulldozer of GPUs.
What?
Goddamit Kyle fuck off to your dead forum already.

Reminds me of that pic of the girl with Stallman

modern “””women”””

fucking nasty

>not just buying the best price/performance hardware when you need it, regardless of manufacturer
That's why I have a 1080Ti and 8700K.

Who are they seriously, any info? :)

>He and ATi dudes are the sole reason Apple's PowerVR implementations are good

Hardly. It was the already existing Apple engineers, you know the guys who pioneered OpenCL that gave PowerVR any credibility at all? They made PowerVR conform to their standard. Which is why it is so good.

>Can't do shit with no money.
Money was going into Zen, TAM for CPUs is like 10x of GPUs

Excuses. If he was such a great engineer he would be able to work with in the confines of his budget to create competitive processors. But he isn't, he is a snake oil salesman who sells ideas and expects others to pick up the slack. Intel and Apple just have the financing to cover up for his incompetence.

>What the fuck, the iGPU in Zen APU is hilariously good.

Until you look at performance per watt compared to even EDRAM powered Intel iGPUs. 4k content on 1.5w.

>What?
>Goddamit Kyle fuck off to your dead forum already.

No, fuck you and fuck SoftOCP. Vega is shit.

>Excuses
Come on Kyle, you can do better.
>he is a snake oil salesman who sells ideas and expects others to pick up the slack
That's the job of lead architect.
>Until you look at performance per watt compared to even EDRAM powered Intel iGPUs. 4k content on 1.5w.
Hardware decoding is a fucking marvel!
>No, fuck you and fuck SoftOCP. Vega is shit.
Nigger Kyle fuck off already.

>This much of a faggot

Just...

Fuck off already.

>>having alliegance to one faceless corporation over another
>>not just buying the best price/performance hardware when you need it, regardless of manufacturer

brand loyalty is FUCKING cancer.

Not an argument.

Raja is an incompetent engineer. Great snake oil salesman though.

>engineering sample benchmarks released
>dedicated gpu still wins portable computing market
it's literally nothing

Goddamit Kyle you can be butthurt on your forum.
Fuck off already.

>Nvidia has actual competition again
This can only ba a good thing

Thanks redteam+.

Did you post enough for your free 570 yet?

Competition from the same mastermind behind Polaris and Vega? Surely you jest.

What's wrong with Polaris?

You mean other than the power draw exceding limits through the PCIe slot? The heat and performance per watt? Or the fact it is barely faster than a 290X? Nothing.

>You mean other than the power draw exceding limits through the PCIe slot?
Was fixed in like a few days.
>The heat and performance per watt?
What's wrong with either?
Also no one gives a fuck about perf/watt.
>Or the fact it is barely faster than a 290X?
It's a small 232mm^2 die.

Raja fuckup RTG with Vega, now intel. JUST

Im glad this guy dont work for Nvidia

I'll never understand why this is even an argument.

nVidia would've gladoly got him nd Demers but that's not going to happen.

>no one gives a fuck about perf/watt

What the mother of...

don't get my hopes up

Literally no one gave even a slightest fuck about perf/watt before maxlel marketing campaign.
Fuck off already.

> Raja Koduri
It will be a flop.

>Also no one gives a fuck about perf/watt
The city of AMD/RTG lads!

>Also no one gives a fuck about perf/watt

(you)

At the cost of clock speed and pulling voltage
Nothing as long as the 1060/ti is around to embarrass it.
No one cares except for mobile parts.

Oh look, nVidia's marketing brigade.

You realise performance per watt is pretty much everything, right, faggot?

For the manufacturer it means the graphics card is cheaper to produce, and for the consumer it means you can have a card that's just as fast without it being a spaceheater that makes more noise than a hairdryer.

Compare Vega 64 and GTX 1080/Ti, the Nvidia card is fast/er while consuming easily 100W less, no one is buying Vega 64's other than retarded miners.

It contrasts nicely to your redteam+ posting.

>You realise performance per watt is pretty much everything, right, faggot?
2014-today.

I"m sorry but at this point I don't know if you are a shill or if you are stupid

No, seriously. Did you read that? A year old article.
hardocp.com/article/2016/05/27/from_ati_to_amd_back_journey_in_futility
> I will leave you for Intel if you won't make me an RTG leader REEEEE
> His team develops Polaris
> His team develops Vega
HardOCP editor did have his doubts about skills of the Raja team and he was right. Good riddance.

Kyle stop shilling your shithole already.

> you can have a card that's just as fast without it being a spaceheater
What's the point? I'd rather have a cheaper card with more performance w/300+W TDP, otherwise I'd buy an ultrabook.

NONONO
You don't understand.
Perf/watt is *everything* since 2014.

>Intel discrete GPU
Intel already tried this and it didn't work out too well.

>I'd rather have a cheaper card with more performance w/300+W TDP
You can't have this though, Vega is just as expensive as the 1000 series, so it's a non-argument.

Larrabee's problem was the very concept.
Using even the smallest x86 cores still results in tons of hardware unrelated to SIMD processing getting duplicated.
The concept was flawed.

56 is cheaper than 1080 and deliver the same performance when tweaked.
It's bang/buck and that's all that matters when buying GPUs.

>56 is cheaper than 1080 and deliver the same performance
Okay, sweetie.

>L-lies!

There was only one subpar attempt by Intel in 1998 to promote the new AGP bus, which had the actual 3D expertise imported from Lockheed Martin and also totally flopped because it kept all texture data in system RAM. The concept later lived on as Intel chipset graphics.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel740

Not him but if your card do the same job at 300 watts than the other card at 180 watts, thats mean you dont have headroom. The archtecture is doa. Perf:watt ratio is the main data in a chip design and Vega fail totally. The chip is expensive and we dont have aibs because nobody want it. Perf/watt is not a meme.

>Perf:watt ratio is the main data in a chip design
At least try not to sound like nVidia's marketer.

Ok kid, go ask Nvidia why they don't have any 300W+ TDP cards.

Why do you think 1080Ti scales so horribly at higher voltages? Going from 1.00V to 1.093V will get you maybe 5% more performance but will increase power consumption by probably 30% or more. They could have made all 1080Ti's run at 1.2V out of the box and had them perform 20% better than they do now, but no one wants to buy space heaters anymore.

Another one that had unrealistic expectations for VEGA,

Do you even understand how fmin-fmax curve of process nodes work?
Nothing unrealistic considering Vega incorporates tiling + new geometry pipe + packed math.

>AMDrones unironically believe this

Perfect, no more fucking $5k quadros.

>Do you even understand how fmin-fmax curve of process nodes work?
You're arguing that Vega isn't scaled well beyond the point AMD initially intended to use it?

Weren't we talking nVidia on 16FF+?

> is just as expensive as the 1000 series
I agree it loses when 64 is compared to 1080.

Intel couldn't make a good CPU prior to core too. I have no idea how they managed it.

>80386
>P5
>P6
?

SELL YOUR INTEL STOCK
SELL SELL SELL

Good. Now we are going to see what Nvidia can actually do when they aren't sandbagging themselves.

It's not the skills I'm interested in. Wasn't Raja butting heads with mommy Su all the time because he wanted to run RTG his way?

Bigger dies?
Yeah, bigger dies.

Is this even legal? I thought companies like Intel and AMD can't just headhunt employees from each other

need to meet that diversity quota

Intel hq is in California
Pooman also lives on Cali
Now go have a read on how non-competing clauses are null and void in California

Why? The employee might have some kind of non-competition clause in their contract. Or NDA. But in the end if Intel uses anything that AMD can prove Raja brought over they can be sued out the ass.

Isn't Intel and AMD collaborating on some laptop CPU/GPU combo? Raja was probably part of the deal to come over and help make it work (lel).

I demand sauce

Don't bother. Just another 10/10 girl than ruined herself with tattoos.

instagram.com/jessicabeppler/

YES

POOINTELOO
>no uterus tattoo
one job

>You mean other than the power draw exceding limits through the PCIe slot
NVIDIA was always doing it and by considerably higher margins yet nobody gave a fuck. Nope there was no problem with excessive power draw from PCIe.
>The heat
All good
>performance per watt?
Amd lost. So? It wasn't a disaster at all.
>it is barely faster than a 290X
It is not. Only custom polaris for xbox pro is.
There were 2 flaws: it wasn't suitable for high-end market therefore amd didn't target it. And it had higher cost than competition so amd had less profits. Both didn't affect end user at all.

>NVIDIA was always doing it
It didn't. KYS pajeet.

>You mean other than the power draw exceding limits through the PCIe slot?

Ah yes, that. Boards literally exploding because power draw went 1W higher than the rated limit on paper, that is still a long way off the actual physical limit. How could we ever forget that world war tier disaster?

seeing someone with that many tattoos on their arm reminds me of people with five thousand icons on their desktop because they haven't worked out subdirectories yet.

Fucking traitor!!!

>tattoos
The understanding of real life things of Sup Forums is amazing sometimes.