Can you Sup Forums tell me unironically why Solus should be bad

Can you Sup Forums tell me unironically why Solus should be bad .

Comfy as fuck , all packages i ever needed,
easy to config and to use , a good community

If you're going to shill, Pajeet, you should really work on your punctuation.

solus is the best distro ever made in the entire whole wide earth.

>earth is flat
I knew solus shills were retarded, but this is a new low

Post a screenshot and I will consider. The bistro worth a damn that I twirled with is Boonto.

fuck off kevin

Cool beans, dude! Lay it on me.

its obviously a bait you dumbfuck
inb4 its a bait too

jokes on you i was just pretending

damn i fell into the trap i feel so bad

I thought you left like a solid 9 months ago

>Unironically
Eopkg. Their package manager is about as shitty as it can get, and it's the fault of delusional developers on their team who desperately wanted to be different. Admittedly, they are planning to change it to - you guessed it - yet another package manager of their own making, sol, which is to be built from scratch in the next few years (evidently, eopkg is that unsalvageable).

"Just how bad can it be, user?!" you may wonder, and oh boy, hold onto your seats: it doesn't cross-reference dependencies and cannot remove whatever was installed by a particular package. To do a clean uninstall of something, you either ROLL BACK YOUR ENTIRE SYSTEM TO A RESTORE POINT, or go to history and remove dependencies one by one, hoping that no other package needs them. I never ever current year Linux people, but the Solus devs are huge retards doing god knows what, and some of it is quite literally unacceptable.
Their "selling" points are accessibility and sustainability via rolling releases and packages compiled specifically for their OS, but there's already Manjaro which does the same, but much better. Besides, with their autistic counter-consumer package manager you will inevitably have a bloated OS stained in pools of unused dependencies after a few months of use, unless you go through their hoops to clean it up yourself; oh wait, you don't do that because an "out of the box, user-friendly solution for novices"

>doesn't cross-reference dependencies and cannot remove whatever was installed by a particular package.
Sounds like apt. If it's good enough for Debain, which IS the de facto standard GNU/Linux distribution, I would imagine normal users would cope. Frankly, the state of GNU/Linux package management is so atrocious, it's kind of sad nobody bats an eye at eopkg.

Makes me happy at how good DNF has gotten.

hillary clinton botnet

> botnet
source ?

It's not, it's just that Kevin used to shill it relentlessly and we do exactly the opposite of what we're told.

It uses systemd and a bastardized gnome desktop.

o k

i agree , but it's not enough

Super comfy, got all the packages I need, smooth in use and gets updates quickly. Doesn't match Boonto's package count, but shit gets added all the time.

Fuck off kevin

dumb paramoreposter

That's not nice, user.

is that way

But Sup Forums is shit and I can't shill Solus there.

It's just Clear Linux, why don't you just install that? Why would you want to be a part of Intel's botnet anyway?

Give me one good reason to switch to Clear.

You should switch for the very same reasons why anyone would consider solus.

That's not a good reason. If Clear Linux gave me a complete OS without the Xfce screentearing (without having to fuck with the config, which is a hit and miss anyway), I would gladly switch.

Budgie just werks.

this. i thought solus was good too until i saw their package manager and took a look at the devs' posts on their forums. there's clearly a snowflake syndrome going on with them. it's not enough to try to be different, they have to be assholes to anyone who suggests a new feature or package that most other distros have had for many years.

reddit.com/u/kevinarefunny

If you like it, use it. No one cares. I don't like it, I like Ubuntu, I use Ubuntu. No one cares. If anyone does care then they can fuck off, I don't care that they care.

hi ikey

No cuda support

Made in Ireland yeeeeet