Does a better case even exist?

Does a better case even exist?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X3XbsfOaDgA
youtube.com/watch?v=MMugTWK4uWQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

My roof collapsed because of water damage and this case saved my computer. That's how sturdy it is, so from personal experience I would say no.

>My roof collapsed
did it come as a surprise or you saw it coming?

Why this over Define C or Meshify C?

Meshify C has a stupid design, as for the other one, I really don't know.

That's no fractal core 2300

>Define C
Depends, do you need a lot of HDDs or need an internal BD/DVD/CD player?
If not, then go for Define C, it also has a neat PSU cover, that the R5 doesn't have.

There are three computers in my household using this case:

1. server
2. my rig
3. roommate rig
4. roommate rig

We all love it. Super quiet, not flashy, easy to build.

>using a mid tower in 2017
>this much wasted space
There is no reason for computers to be so massive. It's not 1990 anymore yet people are buying stupid big cases.

>muh minimalism
>boring aesthetics
>no tempered glass
No, thanks.

What's that

I've had an R2 since they came out and it's too fucking big. But otherwise yes, very quiet and well built. Will probably get an R5 next build.

>l-look at my cool PC interior with my awesome glowing LEDs....a-am I cool now guys?
Get bent you underage shitposter.

I've been looking to build a rig for the last couple years but haven't gotten around to because of traveling and junk, but my roommate got me a huge was tower because he knew I wanted to build something, but didn't know what so he got a huge full size just to cover bases, so im gonna use it.

Looks nice, air flow from the front looks pretty bad though..

Whats a just-as-good case for a tiny 24/7 media server.
Something cute with an SPX power supply

FT02

Yes, the windowed version.

Swedish luggage.

>being a caselet
kys

>a rig
CRINGE
R
I
N
G
E

b8

>can't buy a piece of tempered glass, make a few holes and turn it into a full side panel

Must suck being a low test cuck with no crafting skills.

No.

>Looks nice, air flow from the front looks pretty bad though..

You can take off the front panel, there is a dust filter and two 140mm fans underneath, and it doesn't look weird without it on

>implying chad would ever sully himself with a personal computer
Never not phoneposting breh.

yes, any cardboard box your motherboard comes in

>tfw you and your boyfriend and the PC you built for your friend all have this case
it was the cheapest one. i didn't know so many people used it.

>wasting money on a case
>not getting the cheapest mid tower

>not getting the cheapest mid tower that includes a PSU
cuck

>using the included PSU
i prefer not powering my machine with a live grenade.

>cheaping out on PSU
oh boy, I sure hope your other components aren't more than $300...

also you should keep a fire extinguisher near your PC at all times

>what is air flow

fan is stronk and can help

The Focus G?

>le psu explosion meme
Not a thing with PSUs made after 2010

>Boring black tower
Owned a Define R3. The way it amplified HDD and fan vibrations was horrendous.

Now running a cube case with 0 sound insulation and just big mesh sides (Core v21) and it's actually quieter than the meme Fractal quiet case.

The R2

It absolutely is. Just because yours hasn't fried your shit yet doesn't mean it won't eventually.

I have literally seen a PSU explode. It is the one component I NEVER suggest cheaping out on.

>getting the cheapest psu included with case
>ahah you cucks, you pay for psu
kys

>pay a lot extra for less versatility, expandability and more heat problems
No thanks.

why didn't you have a good roof?

Any Phanteks case is better

Yes, many.
That case doesn't even look good in person.
>badly painted plastic to simulate brushed metal
Ugh.

>make a few holes in tempered glass
>Must suck being a low test cuck with no crafting skills.
Projecting?

The C only lets you install 120mm fans in the front if I recall correctly.
I'd go with the S instead.

I don't like the restrictive front panel, and it doesn't actually reduce noise noticably.
In my opinion you can get as good cheaper, which would make it better in my book.
A lot of the love this case gets is from ricers who love the design.

Have had this case for a couple of years. The fan filters are super handy. My only complaint, if you can call it that, is having to open the door and manually turn on the fan switch to high when playing games. I've gotten so used to it that it doesn't bother me. I don't leave it on high normally because it is audible.

Oh also, Pro tip: the fan opening at the bottom stretches all the way to the back. If you're only using the PSU cut out section, then do what I did and cut out a nice thick piece of yoga mat for the rest of the opening on the bottom. I definitely cut out noise by doing this.

Not something you find in a Define series case

C allows for 2x140mm fans on the front or 3x120mm
Built a system with one not long ago.

It's a pretty reasonable case, but the painted plastic (Define C) doesn't do it any favors compared to competitors who are using real brushed steel or aluminum.

Speaking of cases, rocking an Arc Midi R2 for a couple years now, and the front foam filter is getting quite stained from dust at the mesh supports, that won't come off no matter how much compressed air I blow through it. Is there any way to take the foam off and clean/replace it, or will I fuck it if I try?

hard drive humming fuck this garbage

>Must suck being a low test cuck with no crafting skills.
>Suggests making holes on an already tempered piece of glass

Takes one to know one

I used to just clean my Arc Mini with pic related. The case is grounded, so staying on the outside doesn't threaten your components.
Later I removed the foam and added better filters to the individual fans. I think they were some Lian Li filters.

Forgot the fucking picture as well didn't I

>le you can't drill holes on tempered glass meme
Oh sweet summer child.

The front panel of a Merc is extremely restrictive. The bottom fan gets some air, the top one can forget about it, so a top or side intake is greatly recommended.
It also doesn't come with any dust filters, so you can add those two fans and aftermarket dust filters to the price.

you running out of space in your house, poor boy?

Yes, anything that is a quarter of its price

Define Mini is better. There was no reason to go ATX over Micro-ATX.

>Nuh-uh you can
>No reason specified

No you can't you fucking retard. Doesn't matter if you're diamond bit drilling, waterjet, or laser cut it, tempered glass will shatter the moment you try to mess with it. There's a reason all the glass shaping work is done before tempering

Sounds like you need to lurk more /diy/ soyboy.

>The chad communicator

Enlighten us then, how do you drill tempered glass? Inb4
>It's all out there, look it up yourself

Ti > Black

It is all out there you fucking faggot. I hope he doesn't reply

>I hope he doesn't reply

Try to be a bit less obvious next time

If I wanted to be stuck with shit GPU options, shit internal storage options, shit cooling and a lack of features common to desktops, I wouldn't be getting a desktop in the first place, thank you very much.

Cut a hole in the stock side-panel and fit the glass to it. Jesus christ, his point was about not
being a fucking simplefag, having some ingenuity and not accepting things the way they are. Isn't this why we build a PC in the first place?

Not using pwm fans controlled by your bios or OS.

Speaking of cases
>shopping for new build
>front connections: 1x USB 3.1, 1x USB2

WHY ARE THEY DOING THIS?

I never put diy'ing in question, fuck I've been considering modding a full tinted acrylic panel myself. I said working already tempered glass is about the worst advice you can give, especially drilling it.

user that adds up to 4

The side panel is a pain in the ass to close. It even caused the paint to start chipping.

Was it in the back than?
I recall the C only having space for a 120mm fan somewhere and that being the reason I'd prefer the S if I ever decided to get a new PC.
I have fan autism, they all need to be 140mm.

>he doenst own dell optiplex

Rear only allows for a 120mm.
Top can do 2x140mm/120mm (or none)

Right, that was it. Seems like a bad idea to get 2x140 in the front and a single 120 in the back.

Not really, you want to aim for positive pressure to ensure the only air entering your case is through past dust filters.

A meme.

Yes, you're welcome.

Dont lie; we all know the floor fell into the basement.

Not really that keen on using individual filters though. This area is quite dusty, and I mean really fucking dusty, need to clean the filters once or twice a month, so having to remove the fans each time I want to clean the filters would get annoying pretty fast.
I'm gonna have a look at it later today, iirc the filter is held together by metal tabs that are part of the grill, if I'm careful enough I might bend them all outwards without breaking them, and just wash the filter.

>MUH TEST

You can pop the front mesh off without removing the fans. Then, it is a matter of using soap and water to wash the filters.

I see that you haven't chosen a glass window, good
At that size:
Define C, obviously;
Meshify C, despite pointless Tempered glass ;
youtube.com/watch?v=X3XbsfOaDgA ;
youtube.com/watch?v=MMugTWK4uWQ ;

I have the r5 and the meshify.

The meshify is better, more compact and looks better.

the front led light is too bright.

That's the point of the factory filter anyway, it's the foam that needs washing

Pic related, you can already distinguish the squared mesh that holds the foam in place from the back, especially at the top.
I already took a good look at it, and it's held together by metal tabs that I can straighten out without breaking if I'm careful

This case literally saved my life.
>Be me 6 months ago
>Just finished installing my computer in this case
>Previous case was a cheapo that was much bigger than it looked when I bought it
>Large empty spot under my desk
>When my brother comes home from basic training, he likes to chase me around and call me a faggot
>I hide under my desk in my new refuge
>Brother looking for me asking why I'm hiding
>Shh.png
>Hear brother enter room
>Knees shaking
>Asshole puckering
>I see him look around the room, he checks the closet
>Notices old case
>Oh shit
>I look again and sure enough he's heading this way
>Leans down, I can hear him breathing
BANG!
>My new case pulled out a Glock and put him in a coma
>Now what's that nigger called?
Glaucoma.

this thread
do you even pay gookmoot?!

I'll readily admit that I want a big case as compensation for penis-related issues, but there is something distinctly comfy about big computers.

But there's less space in the meshify right?
I've heard the r5 has better cooling and airflow too, but do you think its better in getting a Meshify C over r5 overall?

Ryzen 1600 + 580 8GB build here

yeah less space.

i could not fit a nzxt280 in the front with a 1080ti FTW3. the case should have been 1cm longer.

and i could not put the 280 up top either because it crashed with the mobo heatsink.

but i still find the compact solution and the god tier cable management of the case to be fantastic. the R5 is a good case too but its way too big.

pic related. could not fit.

had to buy a 240 cooler instead and put it top for the gpu to fit.

real shame but its all good. the 240 fractal celcius is overkill for the 1600x anyway

>YWN own a lisp machine in your lifetime

welp.jpg

The whole point of the minimalist design is how customizable it is. You're not supposed to leave it like that dumbass

>aluminum
there was a time when aluminum cases were all the rage ... was that a meme?