What do I do with an Arduino?

What do I do with an Arduino?
Yeah, its cheap, okay. I got one. And I connected and configured it, I made it draw numbers on a screen and control a light.

What the fuck do I actually do with it though? It seems utterly impractical and useless for anything. Its not even a fun toy like Lego.
What am I missing here? What do I do with this Arduino?

What, you haven't hacked the FBI with it already?

What do you want to do?

I thought I'd have ideas and do things, but the inspiration hasn't come yet.
When someone gives me a Lego I have 500 things I want to do and play with. Even just with a pen and a sheet of paper I can start scribbling and drawing triangles, filling some in and shit like that.
The Arduino doesn't inspire me, I get no ideas. It has failed me.

What do I do with this hammer?
Yeah, it's cheap, okay. I got one. And I hammered a few nails with it.

What the fuck do I actually do with it though?

Arduino isn't a specialized tool for solving a popular and common problem, though.

christmas light controller
display some sick led combinations and make your neighboor jelous and his wife pussy wet

Make a 3d printer or a printer that prints with a ballpoint.

No, it's a specialized tool for solving any number of common and popular problems. You're just too dim to find one and apply the Arduino to it in a clever and creative way.

You FIRST need a problem that can be solved with a device like that
THEN you buy it and implement the solution
NOW this fine devices doesn't collect dust in your closed.

Just give it to someone as a gift to someone you know who can use this. Face it, it's just not for you.

Missing the point.
You're approach is backwards.
You don't get a hammer and then get inspired to build a tree house with it. You have a project in mind that you need it for and that's why you get one.

>What the fuck do I actually do with it though? It seems utterly impractical and useless for anything. Its not even a fun toy like Lego.
do whatever the fuck you want. It has LOTS of computing power

You can do many basic and fun data analysis and building model for many real life prediction problem using it.

Cheap and reasonable data acquisition solution. And simple PID and LQR control system seems to be no problem on arduino.

Just dont think you can effectively and accurately solve diļ¬€erential equations on an arduino board, very unrealistic

>I made it draw numbers on a screen
how about a little status display for your pc then?
you're already halfway there

Counting mold injection machine work count and send them over to a sql database

Get a camera and built an autonomous robot

I thought I could do stuff like make my fan rotation follow the cat, or make my Christmas lights dance to the music. These seem to require multiple modules or even multiple boards to complete though. A single board is pretty useless for fun hacking around the house, its just to do things you already can do, and better, on your desktop.

i use it to test out ideas before committing it to a final circuit. currently using it to test this chip.

>make my Christmas lights dance to the music.
You just need a mic and a few basic components.
Maybe a 5 cent shift register if charlieplexing isn't enough to drive thhem.

I used an arduino to create a home automation system, pretty neat

stick it up your ass

A Nano is better suited for that.

use as a server

>Not using an arduino mega to stimulate your prostate
Fucking casuals

add a camera, a data storage and a humidity captor on it
write a programm which activate the camera when there s high humidity around.
place it in park pool's female bathroom.
share record with us

get a mega and a ramps 1.4

Then make a 3d printer

Make a quadcopter, self balancing bot, or get an esp8266 board and dive in the internet of things.

Get a Ethernet shield,pic related.
Screw it under your table.
Get a few relays.
And use it to power your stuff up when you're getting home or when you wake up.

yes yes, bobs and vagene pajeet

>only pajeets like bobs and vegana
found the homo

you can place it in men's bathroom if you prefer

t. bob

>not recognizing the pajeetic writing style

This

People like you are how encyclopedia salesmen stay in business. You're also why God doesn't talk to us anymore. lol jk! There is no God, but if there were I bet he wouldn't give us the time of day, and it would be because the dipshit retards ruining it for us all.