I want to travel the world but have a HUGE fear of planes

I want to travel the world but have a HUGE fear of planes

Convince me that I won't crash and die if I decide to fly

Other urls found in this thread:

airdisaster.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You might crash and die, but you probably won't.

If human was ment to fly we had wings.

>it is natural thing to be packed into aluminium tube and fly 900km/h in 11km.

Man, there is literally 2-3 mms of aluminium between you and a 10.000 m free fall to your death. What could go wrong?

Make sure to watch for any big guys on board.

Are you sure it's not a fear of having to leave your basement?

GO ON DIET FAT BOY then fear fades away gradually

The viet-kong bringing the bants

airdisaster.com

Statistically you're much more likely to die in a car crash than experience a plane accident.

Planes are statistically quite safe.

>GO ON DIET FAT BOY then fear fades away gradually

what did he mean by this

It depends how much you fly and drive

I flew in a plane for the first time in my life this year
and its pretty fucking cool,my biggest worry was getting lost at the airport but there are signs everywhere so getting lost is almost impossible

>a HUGE fear of planes

I know the feeling. Exactly.

There is only one cure and it is to fly quite often. I noticed I lost my fear after flying for couple of months and usually I fly quite a lot. Just fly and it will be ok.

Just step on the fucking plane man. Don't let fear dictate your life. The more you give in on fear, the less things you will do in life.

inb4 he crashes and dies

If you linked to a website full of images of crashed planes, cockpit recordings detailing the final, panicked moments of flight before impact, and the reconstructions of aerial disasters, it couldn't have been more terrifying than airdisaster.com.

The chances of survival during a mid air disaster is zero, unlike cars or boats or trains

The only way to get over your fear is to confront it

It looks like it does not exist anymore. It was a goat.

Put it this way: If you die, you're dead and won't even know that you died, because you'll be dead.

>you're dead and won't even know that you died
unprovable
we can only hope this is the case
it could be that billions of spirit is stranded on earth and we've all been fooled, you never know

yeah and when youre in the air you just stop worrying because eh it worthless
then you'll "live" a dank spirits "life"

Yes, but it doesn't necessarily help to combat phobia with reason.
I think the main difference here is that in a plane it is plainly obvious to you that you are not in control of your fate, whereas in a car you are also not in quite a few situations but you can keep up the illusion.
Many things in life become easier if you can accept your limited influence over the world.

>There is only one cure and it is to fly quite often.

No.
I enjoyed flying when I was younger. Today I shit my pants when I have to enter a plane. Flew like 20 times in between.

just get shitfaced in the plane and sleep

just clap when the captain landed smoothly you murrican

I hate getting to the airport and the security more because I'm a sperg.
The flight is the relieving part.

Just remember that it is safer than driving a car and if something happens you probably won't suffer much.

I get bored as fuck after sitting in a plane for more than a couple of hours though. That's what you should really be afraid of.

You are a fucking pussy. So what if there are literally millimeters of aluminium and an uncontrolled fall to your death thousands of meter down and that there is absolutely nothing you can do if there is a malfunction that causes the plane to go down and shatter against the ground into a million pieces? Millions and millions of people fly regularly and only a small number of them ever fall screaming to their deaths.

For me boredom is a cause of creeping fear, I fly rarely but it's 8-9 hours flights, so I just end up imagining terrible things because I have nothing better to do.

I love the boredom on the plane, it's so calming. I imagine as if I was in a spaceship alone travelling towards nowhere

There are over 100,000 flights every single day. Over 3 million every year.

In 2015, there were only 14 major incidents involving commercial aircraft for the entire year. And seven of those incidents ended with no fatalities.

You'll be fine, you big fucking baby. You're more likely to die going to the airport than you are of dying during your flight.

Pretty sure there are ways to minimize incidences of accidence
Such as flying safest planes or the safest routes or the safest companies

It makes me feel like I'm in Purgatory.

Muslims exist, Arabs exist.

The sudden silence when the plane hits turbulence, that is very nice since everyone is paying attention to it even though they don't act like it

You're more likely to die from poisoning with the shit they serve you onboard rather than crash