Laptop Purchase

Hey Sup Forums. I'm fucking retarded, and my laptop is even worse. It seems to have it's hard drive stop working for no reason every half a year, so I decided to purchase a new laptop and stop replacing them so frequently.

What do you recommend? I trust the options here rather than shit I've seen on YouTube and Google. Is a ThinkPad a good idea, or just a meme?

What I'm looking to do with it:
>college work
>Overwatch and League of Faggots
>Sad Panda
>coding practice
>something available on Amazon (I have Prime and there seems to be a lot of refurbished options)

stop dancing the macarena while carrying the laptop on your backpack
either that or install an SSD

HDDs do fail but not that frequently

This picture is dumb, as you're only making a digital copy of you to mock you for your mortality.

Probably a good idea.
At this point, would it be worth it to spend cash to upgrade from an Asus from 2012, or just buy an SSD to slap in there?

>Microsoft Excel
fuck that bloatware. It's terrible, garbage, fucking unusable 90% of the time. Didn't follow the XML standards at all with this program ("we're microshaft, we can do whatever we want")

you can still use your laptop without hard disk, install operating system at google drive

literally cloud computer

but my stats teacher told me it was good...

Microsoft Excel is probably one of the most important and productive softwares written. It's used by hundreds of millions of people to do serious work and it makes data entry and analysis approachable for the layman. Maybe some open source alternatives are close to as good now, but back when Excel 97/2003 were released? No way. It was the state of the art with no equal for over a decade.

>One day, I'm gonna be a computer and there's nothing you can do to stop me
I don't have to stop you.
You as the person right now, will never be a computer, you might have a copy of yourself on a computer, but you will die, no matter what. The copy will live on.

Look for asus k550 series..using one a lot since a year and its a good laptop. Has i7 16g ddr4 gtx950 1Tb hdd..removed the dvd tray and put another 1Tb drive. Screen full hd..paid about 1000$

>add silicon neurons to your brain
>brain learns to use them
>start to kill organic brain matter slowly while adding more artificial neurons

Also runs gta 5, bf1 and some nice games at about 40fps on high. Thermals are ok and battery lasts not more than 4 hours with video streaming

I just got a $3,5k Dell for free due to a mistake someone made whilst ordering computers at work. Manager said I could just take it with me home.

Jelly boiz?

T420 with e-gpu adaptor and your choice of compatible gpu.

Your English needs improvement, pajeet.

sure add more, but killing off those neurons is what kills you

Lol, lets play the dumb philosophy game then. After how many neurons replaced do you die then? 10%? 50%? After the final Neuron is destroyed?

It depends on what part of the brain you are killing.
>inb4 but brain cells die all the time!
Yes everyone knows they are slowly dying with age.

By all means, elaborate. Which part of the brain needs to be replaced for you to die? And at what percent of it being replaced do you die?

Everything not solely responsible for the senses or to keep you alive is a start. I don't know why you insist on percentage but it's pretty obvious from what I said about aging that 100% would mean death and every percent less would just mean more of you is alive.

...and you still end up with a perfect copy.
You yourself gone and the new brain just thinks it's always been there.

This, it's just like cloning yourself and teaching it everything you know (aka uploading your consciousness) only to shoot yourself in the head. You gain nothing by doing this.

Please accept my most sincere apologies for my previous lack of grammatical decency, dear Indu.

There isn't a single good gaming laptop (all factors considered)

A copy of me is me retard.