You might not like it; but time and demand have made classic Macs a better value and less expensive than ThinkPads

You might not like it; but time and demand have made classic Macs a better value and less expensive than ThinkPads
>cheaper than your T420
>replace the entire chassis for less than $60
>long and removable battery
>no intel botnet
>no Microsoft telemetry
>still gets updates
>Linux & BSD support parallels that of ThinkPad
>best in class IPS display
>made out of a solid piece of adonized aluminum and gorilla glass

Plus an added treat: you’re running genuine UNIX

>glossy screen
lmao

>tfw 2008 Unibody Macbook in only a TN display.

>glossy
No, it's glass.
Glass is shiny yes, but you can add an antireflective film if you want.
It's not like a glossy coating.

>his content doesn’t look like it’s being played on a 1993 scientific calculator

Top kek, when will applefags learn MATTE is superior??

Just make it matte yourself?

>Being able to choose is bad
Projecting IBMfags are at it again, they love being fucked over by lack of choice and hardware whitelists.

If that's a 2011 MacBook Pro, it's shit value. There's a reason they're so cheap - the Logic Boards are unreliable as shit. It's not a matter of if the GPU will fail, but when, and don't believe that "Apple replaced the Logic Board before" bullshit because the replacement boards were just as bad.

The 2010 models had graphics issues too. The 2012 15" Classic was reliable, but not the 2012 15" Retina model, because those had known GPU issues too.

13" MacBook Pros had no dedicated GPU, but instead you have to watch for SATA cable issues (abrasion and micro fractures) instead.

These old Macs can seem like a good deal at times, but do some research first to make sure the model you're buying doesn't have some underlying common defect - there were a lot of them.

Never seen any issues with 13" models and SATA cables.
Some of the earlier units had issues with nvidia's chipset just dying out of the nowhere though.

sounds like a flying cessna

2011 were the only ones to be recognized as an actual defect instead of normies using it on their covers at full capacity.

If the GPU is enabled anyway you’re already doing it wrong, always disable

Several years ago someone gave me a "classic mac" so I can browse the web at my grandparent's house.
Later they wanted it back, so they can send it to the Apple store for "recycling".
Must be somewhere on the attic, rotting. Wonder if I should try to sell it.
It was one of the fatter laptops, not the thin ones.

I can vouch for the 2011 mbp you issue. Mine used a Radeon 6490m 2635qm CPU and 8gb of ram. When it ran it was great desu once the gpu issue started I was straight fucked. Ended up selling it for 100. You can use a program to switch everything to Intel only graphics but that'll only get you so far since booting up defaults to dGPU

>Would turn on
>Try to boot
>Fail everytime

Sorry but im not seeing the "cheaper than your t420" part.

>Cheaper than your T420
Really? What year and model? If so I'm genuinely curious. I'm no fanboy on either side but if I could pick up a decent Mac for iOS dev on the cheap that'd be pretty sick desu senpai

Sadly I agree, the newer macbook models wiith touchbars suck decks

Looking at a refurbished 2015 15” MBP myself to triple boot linux and winblows

2008 - 2010 is the sweet spot, more accurate would be “cheaper than your T520”

Eh, its close. The macs will be noticeably slower overall though.

Would that be cheaper than a W520 I just got for $300?

My 15” was $260

>says "you might not like it"
>no mention of peak performance
bak.a des.u

The whole point of using a thinkpad is that they're essentially disposable computing platforms that can be easily repaired and taken apart. None of this can be said of an apple computer, not even an old one.

>74A4DD8D-5381-4E88-BB77-E(...).jpg

Fuck off Mohammed.

Sage and report.

What sort of software support do those years still have?