I thought Ryzen was supposed to be cheap

I thought Ryzen was supposed to be cheap.

Other urls found in this thread:

store.hp.com/us/en/mdp/laptops/envy-x360-344518--1#!&tab=vao
cpu-world.com/CPUs/Core_i5/Intel-Core i5 i5-8250U.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>I thought Ryzen was supposed to be cheap.
AMD systems aren't cheap at first, but they go down in price pretty quick. Just wait a few months op.

I want a TV box with that processor.

100 dollars extra because "convertible"
why the hell does it have hdd though?

>convertible laptop
Hybrid laptops are never cheap because they want the tablet audience as well.

it is, rest of the laptop isn't.

Cheap in performance

Convertible meme.
Either way, that's still decently cheap. Can't find any decent laptop with a 1080p display and a proper CPU where I live for less than 900€. Everything is trash 1366x768 and dual core i5s below that threshold, so that's still pretty good price, if it ever got here like that.

>hp
wait for ryzen p series memepads

That is cheap.

>1 TFLOP GPU
>desktop-grade i5 performance
>in an ultrabook
>$700 for all that
>expensive

>Best buy is selling i5, SSd, 8gb ram laptops for $500

Compared to those offers, that laptop Is overpriced

It's cheaper than I expected it to be.
HP is crap though.

>>desktop-grade i5 performance

Proofs?

i5 is inferior and will burn a hole if placed in ultrabook. Also no gpu.

Link?

And this laptop also has an actual GPU and not intel junk? Of course not. 700 for that Ryzen laptop is good.

It's worse than an MX150, dog.

>700 for that Ryzen laptop is good.
Nah.

But doesn't this laptop also have integrated gpu? I don't see the GPU listed in specs.
Also 1TFLOPS is not much. Consoles have 4x it and barely give you 30fps in fullhd titles.

WOW. A dGPU IS BETTER. AMD BTFO

Power usage on this will be better than any i5 + dGPU out there.

Why the fuck is that even close to a god damn argument?

0/10 bait

What do desktop and server cpus have to do with that laptop? Typical fucking shill.
Stop being retarded and give us benchmarks of the mobile chips, so we can actually compare this laptop to intel alternatives. For example, what is the deal with this integrated gpu? Some say it is really good, others that it is trash. Can you game with it?

just wait (tm)

I would consider that reasonably cheap

>0/10 bait

You're of course referring to your own post which showcases a 1800x - which laptop has a 1800x in it again?

>Convertible laptop about the same power as a 2015 gaymurrr laptop
>Normal laptop price

I fail to see the issue? Mad because it's not a $300 Walmart special? Stop feeding the stereotype that AMD is for poor people.

How do you figure desktop cooling translates to an ultrathin which is surely going to severely limit the chip's performance?

It's overpriced by about two-hundred US dollars for what it is.

If AMD isn't for poor people, then what is?

At $550 the best deal is the Acer e15 with a GT940mx and i5-7200U.

This AMD laptop is definitely $200 better than that.

intel is hot trash, the 16 logical core (8 physical) R7 1700 was able to achieve a power consumption of just 45 watts on a laptop at 3 GHz.

Raven ridge will be even better than that.

With massive tdp throttling.

But intel is also more powerful. 6 core coffeelake outperforms 8 core ryzen. So, if we compare mobile chips based on desktop versions, raven ridge will be cheap low perf/low power cons version of intel systems.

see

Link to $500 laptop, please

don't forget the BGA solders melting

for a 15w part, it's still pretty good. also, the integrated GPU is effectively dedicated since it's from AMD, who make dedicated desktop solutions, and this is made from the same guts as those.

Not sure I wanna believe "official" amd benchmarks. They also showed some nice vega ones.

BGA solder won't melt from overheated PC unless something is horribly horribly wrong, PC would be dead before that happens

When?

ignore him, he sounds like a braindead fanboy.

did you check the prices of the other versions?

store.hp.com/us/en/mdp/laptops/envy-x360-344518--1#!&tab=vao

Old AMD A12 with FHD: $725 -> $530
Old AMD FX-9800P: $720 -> $520

Yeah, they are cheaper.

The intel ones are comparable in price, and they have already rebates.

Why is intel bribing again? Didn't they get in trouble for doing that last time?

The laptop in ops post also has a gpu

and 4 cores

wew are intels u processors only dual core

ye

You gotta sacrifice something for those low watts goy :^)

What were you expecting?

I have never really read about laptop hardware just assumed they clocked lower but that just seems ridiculous, 2 cores what the fuck. I guess intel will bring out some quad core mobile chips soon now they actually have competition

It's an argument because your shitty laptop battery will be drained by Intel™ before your shitty bait can be posted.

They already did.

cpu-world.com/CPUs/Core_i5/Intel-Core i5 i5-8250U.html

But you won't see these in $500 laptops for some time. They also have a considerably lower base frequency compared to raven ridge.

>1.6ghz

kek i bet they can't even reach the max turbo clock either due to throttling