Best tablet to study on

So, until two days ago i was convinced to buy a new notebook, but i saw some tablets and it could be actually very useful to use one.
They are smaller, cheaper, and i don't really have to do much on them besides having a fluid os which lets me read pdfs and underline stuff with a pen. I would love to use some app like Cad but that would be a plus. Also i draw sometimes.

What's the best tablet out there you would suggest me to buy? I just want more suggestions as possible because i have no budget limit but i would feel bad buying a tablet as expensive as a notebook unless it has some nice features.

Honestly, you can't go wrong with an iPad if you want a smooth experience.
Android tablets are pretty much just... bigger phones.

>Android tablets are pretty much just... bigger phones.
you mean like ipads? I remember back with the first ipad no one thought it would catch on because it was "just an oversized phone".

There aren't that many tablets that support using a pen that aren't expensive, I think Samsung's Tab A's are your only real choice if you want to spend less than an ipad pro or a surface.

Keep in mind tablets are not great for study unless you KNOW you will use the drawing a lot.
Tablets are generally best for reading while laptops are for actual work.
Also you can definitely get a decent laptop for a few hundred bucks, the same as a tablet with pen support so you really should think about how you will use it as opposed to it being cheaper, it probably isn't.

What do you mean with "tablets are not great for study"?

the user experience isn't going to be geared towards work.
you likely won't write as fast as you could type as it's not like writing on paper and using a USB/BT keyboard is awkward as hell even though ti will work.

If your study is literally just reading with no detailed note taking or writing then yeah you can use a tablet but you have to be sure that's what you want, and not that you're just hoping it will work for you because you think it is cheaper.

Difference is, android apps do not typically have a different tablet UI while iOS apps do.
I'm not fanboying it up, I own an android Chinkphone. This is objectively the truth.

I own an android tablet and I have never found an issue with apps.
I don't think OP cares if some shitty game has a landscape mode or not, most apps you'll use for note taking, document editing, etc will have proper tablet support.

I'm in similar position there are more and more pdfs that I need to study...
Probably going to buy used ipad with retina.
They are cheap, 16gb is enought for pdfs, don't give a shit how much ram or cpu it has for everything else I have laptop already.

If you draw and study a physical keyboard and like a $70 drawing tablet will go a long way, don't wanna sound like a meme but a ThinkPad x2xx with a drawing tablet seems like it will go a long way

A lot of them do. Ios probably has more but android has more freedom and technical apps.

The point is though, arm tablets can't do anything a phone can't. Sure you can draw on iPad pro/Samsungs, but you don't have the industry leading software.

Maybe if you're studying something where you draw a lot it will be a good option, but otherwise most schoolwork will be typing, and there a keyboard is better. Handwriting might seem fun but it is both slower and can't be used for making propr text documents later.

THIS, op here.

I need to study mostly on pdfs and i gotta underline stuff to remember it. Also i would love to have some apps that i know are on ipad (they exist on android too in a worse version). Since the Ipad pro is about 950 USD here, i won't fucking buy it, even if it looks great.
The normal Ipad (A9 processor) is about 300 Euros (350 USD). I don't know what to do.

You don't need to type anything?

does the normal ipad even support the apple pencil?
and even if it does, you realize it costs $99USD just for the pencil right?

no, nothing basically.

I mean, drawing is not a must to be honest. What i need to do is underline.

It does not, of course.

Then just get a cheap android tab or a used iPad as long as it has retina its good enough. No need to waste more money on a Pdf viewer.

if you don't actually need proper pen support then any cheap touchscreen laptop or tablet will cover you.
I will say underlining stuff with your finger will probably be a bad experience.

Also you realize you can highlight PDFs using the cursor on a computer right?
Again I'd highly recommend against buying a tablet for anything beyond reading and only go for one with pen support if you really need it.
I just recently went from tablet only to buying a laptop, it's not a good working experience and really hampered my productivity trying to make it work.

Buy used ipad (the cheapest one with retina there is) and if you really like to draw something buy wacom tablet for your laptop.
I'm sure you can underline comfortably in some ipad reading app. DO NOT BUY THAT STUPID IPAD PRO.

>touchwizz

If you have the money, an iPad.

ThinkPad X61t or X220t/X230t if you want a touch screen.

Best of both worlds.

Paper.

Actually I'm looking for a tablet this november/december and was wondering what's the best one for reading doujin/manga and just using VLC? I don't really like apple products but if there's one for cheap that can do those things I wouldn't mind it. Any recommendations?

I'm an apple fag but my tablet is a cheap Samsung 8 inch and I love it. Would highly recommend for throwaway media/reading device.

Note 12.2 Pro Edition

What model is the samsung?

Get a large, e-ink, android ereader. Literally one of the best things I've ever bought right after my ThinkPad(s).

E-ink is the best reading experience right after paper. Much better than any tablet on the market because of the screen. You can read for hours and hours with little eye fatigue and with a 9.7 inch screen, PDFs are close enough to their original size.

While tablet are useful, for some reason Sup Forums hate it more than propriety software.

You can install any launcher

/tpg/ agree that the tablet version is the worse thing that happened to the X series.

How's the the refresh rate with PDFs?

I'm looking to buy my mother a solid tablet that will last her for years. She's using an RCA and it's really slow and bad. I am looking at the Samsung Galaxy Tab E 9.6" 16gb wifi

Is this a pretty solid choice? I want something that will last her several years, her RCA lasted her two before it started having hardware issues.