Are Mac users really that dumb? They need a hard drive with "Mac" on it and preformatted for their meme file system?

Are Mac users really that dumb? They need a hard drive with "Mac" on it and preformatted for their meme file system?

It's like making SD cards for Nintendo Switch, but for adults.

>Are Mac users really that dumb?

>A⍰Toddlers
>adults

>fruity toddler toys
>"""""""adults""""""""""""""

I'm assuming you've never plugged an unformatted drive into a mac and had issues with it ... and yes, macosx is so simplified that the average user has no clue what formatting a drive entails or how to format. I guess you also missed that most drives come formatted in a windows format allowing them to be usable out the box causing brainlet windows users to never have to do so as well. So, how about you do yourself a favor instead of posting every dumb ass thought/bant that comes to your mind on Sup Forums and learn basic use cases of various OS/computer peripherals?

If you plug an unrecognisable file system storage on Windows it will ask if you want to format it. How is that so hard?

Same with macOS. OP is a retard who thinks because WD did something it has a relation to Apple and macOS users. It doesn't.

>the average user has no clue what formatting a drive entails or how to format

Enough of this, the 'average' Mac and Windows machine user are the same person.

The point is why does it need to be marketed towards them? These "Mac" hard drives cost more than the standard ones formatted for Windows. They've started doing ones for Xbox and PlayStation now. People are getting scammed.

But they kinda deserve it

>The point is why does it need to be marketed towards them?

It doesn't. Do you not understand? This is WD's choice for some reason to market it this way. It had no bearing on Apple or macOS users.

We all know the answer to that.

How would someone press 'the wrong button' if there's only one button?

> The 'average' Mac and Windows machine user are the same person.
Correct
Same with MacOSX dumbass
Because it's called marketing idiot. MacOSX users have more money so everyone makes specially branded Mac products and upcharges even for shit like a hard drive with different formatting. What are you new to computing and business?

They would do the same for Windows, and in fact companies used to market like that back in the 90s and early 2000s, but the average Windows user doesn't even know what Windows is so there's no point.

If external hard-drives cam pre-formatted HFS+/APFS, Windows users would be just as baffled when they plugged it in.

Really, these things should just come unformatted for simplicity, but then where would they put their AIDSware.

>would be just as baffled when they plugged it in.
Wrong.

It's probably not even formatted with HFS+ or APFS, it's probably just FAT32 or maybe NTFS if Applel finally added write support for it. The whole point of external storage is to have it be portable and readable on both major platforms, those being Windows and OS X. The extent of the "for Mac" label is just that; a fucking label. The average iToddler is that dumb.

>trouble with unformatted disks under OS X
Are you fucking retarded? I have an iMac and I've plugged in hard disks that weren't formatted and it was as easy as opening Disk Utility, selecting the disk, clicking erase, and choosing MBR and HFS+, then clicking ok. It's just as easy on OS X as it is on Windows where you press win+r, open diskmgmt.msc, right click the disk, and format it. Or Linux where there's GParted.

No, they should come formatted FAT32 for maximum compatibility. Most normalfags aren't going to copy files larger than 4GB to it or care about rw speeds. People that do need those features will be tech savvy enough to format it.

FAT filesystem has a storage limit of 2 TB. Maybe exFAT is the better one. There really should be a universal standard that is modern.

>not exFat

>There really should be a universal standard that is modern.
Let's make a universial standard file system that fits all use-cases! No need to have like hundreds to choose from.

exFAT master race

BASED
A
S
E
D

Microsoft

*blocks your 3.5mm path*

U MAD GREEN BOI!?!?

OSX will prompt you to "initialize" ie. format if you plug in an unformatted disk.

>...a form of communication you already understand
>pointing.
>Macintosh's screen pointer
>Some mice have two buttons
>extremely difficult to push the wrong button
Even Applel confirms their users are El Autismo.

that's the point, you can't, because there is only one. do you see?

Yes, I used to sell hard drives and people brought them back saying they aren't made for Mac and demanding a refund. Top kek it took all of my willpower not to burst out laughing.

lol, I used to reformat 800K and 1.4MB MAC floppies to 720K and 1.44MB FAT12 right up until 2008 or so

I donut anderstand

macOS supports NTFS read only natively.

It doesn't support NTFS for obvious reasons (licensing).

There are $40 applications from Paragon that support NTFS write under macOS.

macOS also supports exFAT natively.

APFS is Apple's new disk format going forward and it's very modern compared to whatever else is out there in terms of mainstream operating systems.

NTFS is trash.

>hfs2.0
>very modern
lmao

You have to give Apple some credit for changing over the file system on both iOS with a billion devices out there and macOS so easily.

They will make things better as time goes by. New file systems come every 10-20 years.

Now fuck off you degenerate.

Also they fixed that bug a long time ago. Dumb fucking larping moron.

Why are Apple street shitter "engineers" such a joke?

don't underestimate stupidity of an iNigger