Tfw antennalet

>tfw antennalet

Other urls found in this thread:

smallnetbuilder.com/wireless/wireless-features/33100-why-you-don-t-need-mu-mimo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sound
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I will never pay all these shekels for a router...

>mu-mimo ready

I bought a D7000 today in preparation for my upgrade to fibre

The best number of antennae is 0.
Wifi is fucking shit.

>I have no devices other than a desktop
hello grandpa

I paid $185 for the TPLink Archer C3150. Its fucking amazing.

Ping dropped by half.
I have full wireless everywhere in the apartment, before I would struggle to get 1 bar in the bathroom, and had to use cellular. Now I get like 1 bar in the car garage 50 feet behind the house through a steel door.

And its QoS is just spectacular. I can max my download speed, and my friends can play CC or Overwatch without bitching about ping.

Old Netgear router, 80% of download speed and you get like 300+ms ping.

I want one of these gundams

Checked out a couple of archers myself but sadly they seemed not to play nice with my fttb. Maybe for a future upgrade

i have unlimited data on my phone so i dont need wifi

That's funny.

My router has 0 antennae and it supports wifi.

>not just using lte for everythin
itjustworks

This is the router I settled on.

This is the site I used to read up on the tech.
smallnetbuilder.com/wireless/wireless-features/33100-why-you-don-t-need-mu-mimo

$50 for er-x
$75 for Ubiquit AC Lite WAP

Much better than anything except building a pfsense box yourself.

t. doesn't understand radio waves

same but ac pro...

got a question for you
I got fucking dicked over hard through normal updates on my last router, does edgerouter or the wireless options fuck themselves or are they good to be updated with any update they send?

If a tree falls in a forest and no one hears it, does it make a sound?

Of course it does. Human perception is not a requirement for the existence of something

But sound IS human perception.

The tree falling only creates a pressure wave of air. There is no sound until that pressure wave gets perceived.

>AP in your router
this is how you know you're dealing with a netlet

Sound isn't perception of sound you retard, sound is vibration at certain frequencies

So the pressure waves are there, whether there is anyone listening or not. Ergo, sound is "made", though there is no one to perceive them. You can argue about semantics as much as you want, physical fact is that pressure waves are created regardless of any sentient creature being able to perceive them.

i have an ac68u with 3 antennaes am i cool yet

>pfsense router/firewall running on some cubicle farm machine I got for $50
>ubiquiti frisbee AP
>24 port rackmount gigabit switch I found for $20 somehow
>works better than those all in one pieces of shit

>it took more effort therefore i am cooler and better
ok

>needing a router that looks like it could avoid radar detection

>more effort
>just werkz
>I also now know how to use pfsense

More router than you'll ever need at home and it's like $80

>fast ethernet
why

You don't need gigabit for every device and it's a waste of money for more

He's right though. In physics sound is a superposition of mechanical waves at audible frequencies, everywhere else sound is a psycho-acoustic perception of those waves
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sound
>"Sound can be viewed as a wave motion in air or other elastic media. In this case, sound is a stimulus. Sound can also be viewed as an excitation of the hearing mechanism that results in the perception of sound. In this case, sound is a sensation."

>not running a 1U gigabit switch and pfsense
>2017

W-who's that pingdemon?

>muh MU-MIMO

802.11ax when?

DITCH YOUR WIFI

THE REPTILE CLASS ARE USING IT TO SCAN YOUR BRAIN

MICROWAVES?? BRAINWAVE SCANNER MORE LIKE.

SAVE YOURSELF. 12.12.21 IT ENDS.

-T

We need more antennas. To fit more on we should use a smaller wavelength. We could move to millimeter wave and put hundreds of antennas on our routers. We can move up to the terahertz range. Now we can barely see our antennas. Next we move to light frequencies. Now we can't see our antennas and our routers fucking glow all the time. Now instead of beamforming our router projects fucking holograms to bounce light around corners. We move into the UV range. Now our router can give us a tan. At this point our router has hundreds of billions pf antennas. As we get deeper into the UV range and approach X-rays we start making antennas that shouldn't even be possible. Weird plasma physics offers us some hope for a while, but we start developing new forms of matter. Our routers now use their X-ray beams to analyze the molecular composition of what they are pointed at, to determine if it's alive and should not be irradiated.

We use huge machines that harness 10% of the sun's total output to boil the vacuum itself to make matter that should not exist: magnetic monopoles. Our routers now operate in the gamma ray range and have uncountable antennas

We approach the end of the rainbow. Our antennas are made of the fabric of the universe. Incredible amounts of energy are required to make a single photon. These incredible amounts of energy bend the very laws of nature. Every transmission is like it's own big bang.

Nothing will ever be on this level of antennalet

kill yourself

rip ded spoder

my 2.4/5Ghz router has no external antennas.

>when you get better reception than Sauron

>dropping out of range when fetching breakfast around the corner
unacceptable behaviour

Nah it hits through multiple wooden walls for good 25 meters.

i've got the asus dsl-ac56u, and the 5Ghz on it is a piece of shit

should have saved my money and bought a tp-link or billion. going mu-mimo next time, fuck this

Huh, that's uh funny. I pay with US dollars, not shekels. Where do you even find a store that accepts whatever that is?

t. has never seen a ubiquiti AP

R7000 nighthawk i see. Bought one of those years ago

Underrated

>check this goy out
>so innocent

Tfw no visible antenna master race.

the only good thing about these ridiculous ac3200 routers is that it's driven the price of ac1900 routers way down. i can get a wrt1900 for $50 on the second hand market. though tbqh i have little motivation to do so. my dual band wireless N (450/900) is really all i need since i only use wireless for my smartphones, ipad, roku stick, chromecast, and macbook. all of my desktops and nas storage are gigabit wired and an old router i have hooked up to the network acts as a repeater for dead zones.

>Our routers now use their X-ray beams to analyze the molecular composition of what they are pointed at, to determine if it's alive and should not be irradiated.
You just know that's that just the shitty kind of solution they'd come up with.
Along with premium shielding underpants that'll save your family jewels from being cooked.

>going mu-mimo next time
don't do it bro
nothing works

i like that drawing

r7000 uses broadcom
r7800 used qualcomm

my $120 ubiquiti frisbee rapes all of those atrocities in achievable wireless throughput

also,
> all-in-one routers

>tfw my underpants have less than 2 inches of lead shielding

Is upgrading my wifi router the best way to improve my lagging issue, guys? PS4 upstairs while the router is downstairs. Pls no bully

You really need to investigate where you lag is coming from before spending cash.

Hah, frisbee. Never heard it referred to like that.

Thanks, I'm a brainlet when it comes to these things. Where should I start to find the root of the problem?

1. Hook up a computer to your router using ethernet. If it has lag or packet drop then the problem is with your internet service provider.
2. Put computer is same room as router and hook up using wifi. If it has lag or packet drop then either (a) other people trying to use the same channel (b) wifi is busted. Try changing the wifi channel before deciding it is busted.
3. Move computer next to ps4. Check for lag and packet drop. If you're not seeing any then the problem might be with your ps4. If you are seeing some then the issue looks to be the distance.

I usually just ping google to see my round trip time and whether there are any packet losses.

Thanks for the help, dude. Gonna try it out later.

Are ubiquity aps good? The ac ap seems to be popular

If you put them all in the same orientation, is there even any benefit of having multiple antennas?

1st and 3rd pictures are the only correct ones right?

Looks good.

I run pfsense virtualized and some shitty AC routers around the house, works perfectly.

Hopefully consumer grade AD access points come out soon

>2017
>4 fucking ethernet ports
>4!!!

fucking tactical m8

Which tarantula is that?

>tfw your router can't broadcast into the 4th dimension

Anyone who pays that much for a consumer grade router is retarded. You can get an edgerouter and two AC AP Pros for that much

C U T E

>tfw friend's stupid rich grandpa gave us his "old" $600 router for free

I've been updating mine pretty regularly without issue.

Yes, exceedingly good.

>tfw only need 20 of them to get coverage in your home
goyim btfo

Maybe 2, at most.

yeah i know. i work at a shop that sells these things. they're actually really nice, especially with unifi for large deployments.
shame nobody uses them properly. the new ac ap pro is the best

Got an ac pro...

It gets everywhere in the house, everywhere in the yard... I think it maintained signal 3 houses down.

I can not complain at all about this device, fucking fantastic considering I came off an ASUS AC1750

piece of fucking shit had a firmware update that killed all wireless and required constant reboots, and downgrading the firmware was not happening, or really much of anything to fix it, as if that broke there was no internet to fix it and I would need a walmart piece of shit to get back online, my computer at the time did not work directly plugged in for some reason.

What makes these so popular? They're seriously overpriced.

They seem decent in a mesh network but what about as the only access point for a medium house?

The Asus or ac broke after firmware update?

>piece of fucking shit had a firmware update that killed all wireless and required constant reboots, and downgrading the firmware was not happening, or really much of anything to fix it, as if that broke there was no internet to fix it and I would need a walmart piece of shit to get back online, my computer at the time did not work directly plugged in for some reason.

What the fuck, I had the EXACT same problem with my DSL-AC56U. Was fine, updated teh firmware, fucked. Have to reboot the bitch every day just to maintain 5Ghz. Those assholes at Asus told me it will be $50 to send it in "for repairs". I just bought it 2 months ago. Ran the stock firmware for a week and it was fine, upgraded it and problems every day since. I'm a certified network engineer and also a programmer.

The AC1750 is pretty much the same thing I have plus external antennas and a DSL modem. Firmware is all the same.

Yeah I'm just going to return this piece of shit and spend my money on the shit we sell at work. Never had any problems from any customers with it.

MU-MIMO has been part of the standard since 802.11ac and some vendors had it implemented in 802.11n dumbass

did this when apple discontinued the airport extreme
>fucking around with chinkshit
>ever

Criminally underappreciated post.

asus broke, I have not upgraded any of the ubiquity hardware since the initial start up because of past experiences with hardware, Im sure they are different, but It's hard to shake off getting dicked over twice on multi hundred dollar devices.

I'm getting this bad boy next week. Is it good? I don't really have a choice.

yea, I leanred later on that there are a few branches of firmware, all incompatible, but when the hardware sees it the fucker wont tell you that and it will just install.

there is a way to get it into a downgrade mode/custom firmware but I never did it as I said, there was no internet period if I fucked that up and I would be on walmart belkin shit.

If you are able to, edge router x and a wifi access point is the way to go. my pro covers the entire house, and if I needed more, its fairly easy to the the initial setup...

just be warned, the software for the wireless is shit, you can not update otherwise you have to re pair the wireless router with it, but I have been going for around a year/year and a half with the wifi being unmodifiable, shit still works fine.

Just be warned, the hardware that comes with the edge router x won't poe. and the wifi is poe, so you need to use an injector, with mine they sent one with it, but that may not be the case... it also took I want to say 2 hours for the initial setup to be done but I am a fucking idiot, so I may have stumbled on shit that would be obvious to others.

Really just don't want to touch it now, even though the router is set up in a way that's a bit retarded, just because it may cause a multi hour/day long downtime for the internet.

Depends on some factors. I have one (now older) AP LR that covers my whole 1500sqft single story home.

its that mix between consumer and pro, not quite either.

thing with ubiquiti is yeah they source their parts from china, everybody uses mediatek radios, but the engineering and quality assurance team are american, unlike asus or anyone else

Get a FritzBox

for ubiquiti you need to first install Unifi Controller on a pc you have lying around. you're going to setup all the devices from that, it's like a central management of the network. keep in mind the shit is designed for huge networks, but it's scalable to just a single office, up to about 2000 devices or some shit.

you can auto-roll out the updates from unifi, but it's going to be slow. you can expect about an hour of downtime where some ap's are offline, updating, and re-provisioning (reloading the settings). still, you can just do it in the middle of the night, even schedule it i think.

Look, I have had problems with peta cables in my old computer, so even though the drives that used them were useless, I let them sit because the last time I fucked with peta it destroyed my bios

I have had computers brink the bios updates, so I don't do that,

I have had so much shit die in every outlier way possible that I am hesitant on doing anything because of the simple, its not broke dont fix it...

fuck I have a taichi and a 1700 and I have yet to update the bios even though it would uplift performance 5% across the board and possibly allow my ram to go from 2400 to 3200 further increasing performance just because of shitty experiences and having no backup solution if shits fucked.

in my case, I updated the software, and then I could no longer connect to any of the wifi, and the ubiquiti forums are filled with elitist douches so I got no help there for any of my issues.

Like I said though, year-year and a half of no control and everything works fine... small town also kind of allows me to not care about security to much.

Is there a FritzBox that supports LTE+DSL?

yeah the new version really doesn't bring much to the table, aside from that WPA2 fix

can you turn off the LED?

that's some real nice consumer garbage you got there