Post speed

>speedlet

>calls others speedlets
>can't even upload result because internet too slow

My speed
t. spic

Pay for 200mbps, but upload is trash.

My results span within the last 7 days

Would you believe I am in Dollarydoo Land?

Local Dennys

If you're at a large business, data center, or university. Sure i'd believe it.

I doubt you get that at home though unless you live in like one of 10 suburbs that has those speeds available.

Read up on iiNet HFC Cable. Only available in 3 places in Australia. They don't restrict the uploads or downloads. It was installed in the 90's by Neighbourhood Cable. $40 for unlimited data (if you sing up when it is on special) and yes its at my house.

Yeah, that's one of those "available in like 10 surburbs" i mentioned.

A few areas also have G.fast being installed. HFC isn't the only way to get those speeds.

Six months of this...

is that what the sacred ancestors called dialup?

It's "Broadband."

Or so my ISP claim.

did you get scammed?
feels like so

Go and book an engineer visit, they'll sort it out.

Can't really afford £130.

...they charge you for THEIR shitty issues?

They're not supposed to, but they try.

Dosics, not even once

Eh, I get way better results in some places. Up to 200.

S. Italy

didn't mean to reply

This should be a pretty good speed, considering that I live in a rural area in the suburbs.

Speedy. Seeding hitting the upload speed a little, though.

You could probably get dial up for free.

Fake news. Here's a (You)

not fake, late at night it's even faster, that was just one taken a minute ago.

I don't understand why speedtest-cli gives different results than the actual site when it comes to ping. On the site I get 15 ms. Same thing happened back when I had 8 ms and gave higher values.

for me the ping is usually identical with speedtest-cli erring on the side of too fast. I get 1-3ms on speedtest-cli but 3-4ms on speedtest.net

Good
Now post bob

A year ago I was pulling 800mbps down and 400mpbs up for my "1gbps up and down" but the number seems to get smaller every time I come back. Not sure if its At&t fucking me or what. Google drive seems to run me at 200mbps download but Steam doesnt like to go past 60mbps even when (according to others) steam should not cap.

It's nice to have good speed but its depressing to see decline

>Steam doesnt like to go past 60mbps

wut, steam is almost always one of my best connections next to star citizen.

>0ms ping
wtf

just means his ISP and that speedtest.net server are hosted in the same data center, or in a neighboring building within a km or two.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I'm using a Fx6300 downloading to 7200rpm 1tb hard drive.
Ill try my ssd but I feel it wont make a difference.

I pay for 4mbps so that's ok, I guess...

I live in cedar park. When I play csgo the servers are often Dallas and I get 17 ping which is nice. Just sucks that I'm paying the price for something that I may not be utilizing correctly if its not at&t's problem.

Paying for 60mbps in a third world country

>live in burgerland
>be one of only 4 homes with fiber to the home
>too poor to afford gigabit
Life is suffering

$ speedtest
Retrieving speedtest.net configuration...
Testing from CenturyLink (184.99.150.19)...
Retrieving speedtest.net server list...
Selecting best server based on ping...
Hosted by CenturyLink, Inc (Tucson, AZ) [3.80 km]: 51.873 ms
Testing download speed................................................................................
Download: 8.77 Mbit/s
Testing upload speed................................................................................................
Upload: 1.18 Mbit/s
$

on east coast servers i generally get 1-5ms ping.

Occasional spikes up to 10ms.

400/40

13.5/0.5.

Phone Internet.

>tfw speedlet

942/942
verizon fios - boston
70 a month no cap

Looks like my old connection
No, dialup is around 0.02

I'll probably get 25 / 5-10 with hybrid

>1ms ping
I get 2-3ms ping csgo when Im hosting local how is that even possible

Probably fiber. I saw that in BF4/1 games too.

Most of the latency occurs within copper cables, fiber operates with light speed, even throughout oceans.

I have a weird tinfoil theory about speedtests. I think they trigger priority scripts when the backbones get that particular request. the system then qol's the connection to up your speed artificially for a temporary amount of time before throttling you back to base.
Kinda like cheating on an inspection by only showing off one room at a time if you happen to only have two light bulbs.

This is over WiFi, I'm paying for 110/10

>not using a speed test that is indistinguishable from a netflix stream in order to get your true speed

Australian NBN aint all bad

>inb4 dickheads posting 4mbps and claiming all of australia is like this

This, and y'all should be using dslreports speed test. Show us the bufferbloat.

I had slightly better speeds but 4ms ping. However that was months after sub 1mbps with NBNCo knocking back our complaints via ISP until we got multiple people in our building complaining over a variety of ISPs.. that was fiber to the wall btw.

The problems started when unmetered netflix came in and every cunt and his dog became a bandwidth sponge.

Many people are still stuck with rubbish, terrible CVC among other issues - there is not enough bandwidth to meet demand in many cases, it depends on who else is on your isp being pigs. The isp being cheap cunts, cvc being overpriced (dynamic cvc increasing on demand and decreasing during off peak would be too cost effective, let alone using a bandwidth/data model and isp paying only for what they use) among other issues.

There are so many problems with it that is bigger than fttp vs fftn

Given the billions spent on myki that could have been better for 50-150 mil, I bet the NBN was/is being built with a similar cost effectiveness.. ie getting 20x less (or worse) for your money.

i've been on FTTN for over a year

there's enough bandwith it's the cheap ISP's not paying for it, like iinet

You still have a contention ratio, depending on your area the "good" isps can still suck if there is a high demand for bandwidth.