Spend a week after work installing Hackintosh on my laptop...

Spend a week after work installing Hackintosh on my laptop. It's far from perfect for now but it's already runs much better than Loonix.

who cares

install windows xp

k

>install Hackintosh
>everything "just works"
>highly dislike the OS
>miss Loonix
>use Hackintosh for a month and go back to Loonix
My October in a nutshell.

why would you diskliek it? because everything works?

Let me guess, you didn't get used to the window manager? Oh well, maybe try again sometime with bettertouchtool (get it cracked from macbed) and/or spectacle. Maybe also try changing finder's defaults and UI settings using terminal commands.

where do you even get the .iso file
i want to try the os but where do you download clean copy?

You can download the rdrive image from rutracker

Took me less than two hours to perform a full installation from downloading the media to installing drivers.
You must have shitty unsupported hardware if it took you this long.

I used friend's Mac.

I got used to everything just fine but I simply prefer Linux. Mac has a ton of stupid gestures and other weird workflow shit I'll never use and find retarded. Not a fan of the animations and other eye candy crap either. The GUI was also extremely inconsistent (third party applications) and the font rendering was the worst I've seen on my 24" 1920x1080.

>Start an OSX VM
>Log into App store with valid Applel ID
>Download the clean ISO

how do I unsubscribe from your blog?

>font rendering was bad
either your monitor has shit ppi or you disabled LCD font smoothing/had a low smoothing int value
>animations
you can disable them
>inconsistent gui
LMAO now you're just spewing shit out of your ass post that fucking third party program let's just take a look at it because pretty much every OSX program be it third party or not has consistent GUIs since apple is very insistent on this and it's really easy to make a GUI for your program on Xcode.

Running a hackintosh is literally pajeet-tier. There's a reason why only furries and neets do this because they can't afford to actually buy the hardware the OS was designed around.

>Russian
Yep, no surprises here.

>buying shit hardware
lmao kys faggot

wtf is that gp doing with the 3 barrells bunched up like that...

Good thing I don't do either. I don't run shit hardware and I don't run shit OSes designed for said shit hardware. That said, running some hackjob version of macOS on non-apple hardware is about as pathetic as buying a ripoff chink products from China and pretending it's the same thing.

I'm considering installing it on my laptop, but I've gotten used to using i3wm for my window manager. Is there anything like that for mac that doesn't suck?

>hardware the OS was designed around
Yes and that hardware that the OS is designed around is just standard off the shelf components for any x86 based machine.
That is the reason hackintoshing works as well as it does, the kernel is built for almost any desktop Intel CPUs and a good chunk of laptop CPUs, any "custom" Apple chipsets are often just reflashed versions of realtek and Broadcom and a few line changes to the macOS drivers can make them work with the non-apple versions.

does this actually work?

It works but you don't get a usable ISO, you get an installer that is good putting on USB and doing a clean install on a PC/Mac.
Have to use something like unibeast to make a bootable USB.

XP would run great

So test in a VM first. I don't get why people ask about loading any OS to bare metal when VMs are convenient and on good hardware more convenient than bare metal.

To be honest macOS is not a good experience on a VM (you really only use it to make install media) your better off running it bare metal on a spare hard drive just to see if its going to work decently.
It's good for getting a feel but performance is not representative

>Hackintosh laptop

Enjoy your no battery life and touchpad that randomly stops working

Sounds like he's getting the authentic mac experience.

Bold af fonts do not look good. It's like Windows-tier shit rendering if every font was bold.

Just compare the fucking traffic lights amongst programs that integrate the titlebars, they are inconsistent as fuck. As a bonus, multiple programs still use GUI elements from Snow Leopard era.

Bottom line. I don't have anything against Mac. It's just not not for me... at all. I'd probably install Windows over Mac. For people grown used to MacOS and all the weird gestures, sure. Most of my peers use Mac and that's fine too. I was disappointed though.

Go to an Apple store and buy a Lion USB?

Give it a 2nd try
It happened to me too the first time i tried it, but after you get used to it gets much better

From the app store, so you need either a mac or another hackintosh.
There's other ways, like using a custom disk image or get it from torrents... but no thanks.

macOS is very comfy

>buying trash that is available for free

>Mac
>Watches poo in loo on twitch

>I got used to everything just fine but I simply prefer Linux.
Same here, and I used to be such a cringey OS X shill, that it makes me feel disgusting. There's just something about the OS that feels claustrophobic or confining. Even when you learn all of the "tricks" for navigating, they just feel like they're stupid and pointless and done to be unique. I don't know how to explain it fully, but Linux just feels fast and loose, and intuitive.

>2/7
>sterakk's 2nd item
Having a stroke probably.

Glad I bought XPS 13 KBL for Hackintosh
QHD+ InfinityEdge Screen just kills Macbook's Retina

yeah too bad you became a faggazoid in the process

>uses his computer to watch ranjeet play games

>Much better than Loonix
>Had to spend a whole week puttin the OS on and it's not done

kek

>he's dellusional to the point that he thinks Linux/BSD* somehow doesn't include a lot of code made by chinks/3rd worlders
lmao
>bold af fonts
It looks normal to me, but then again, my 1080p monitor has a high PPI.
>old traffic lights and UI elements
what programs are you even talking about? Steam? there is a skin to make steam look "modern" if that's what you want
if anything just try disabling your autism.

just buy a fucking macbook already. the trackpad, battery life, and build quality make up for the cost premium

>macshit
>good

Pick one.