How come Japanese culture is so attractive?

Memes aside but there are thousands "weaboos" worldwide some of them paying a lot to get their animu figures, some of them spending their time translating animu and making subtitles absolutely for free. I can't think of any other country with such passionate "fanbase".

Other urls found in this thread:

m.imgur.com/wQjit34?r
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

zitto animale

Cool Japan is past its zenith. It used to be much more prominent in the 90s/early00s.

Japan is a dying nation with dying culture.

Actually we Japanese are surprising about it. But There is a fact that Japanese culture is very unique in the world. This could be one of simple reason.

if we didn't have anime, you would ignore our culture.

What is the evidence? smelling envious.

that's true
99% of weebs are interested in japan because of anime

Why are you posting with that cunt flag?

Anime is the one thing that keeps japan in the radar, otherwise everyone would recognize you as little china.
But there are other stuff like robotics, high tech companies, car companies. If you say Japan everyone thinks of very smart slant eyed people that spend all day studying.

Japanese culture is like 50% derived from Ancient China, though. If there's an actual unique culture it would be something like Aztec or Egyptian.

serious talking, The Japanese cultural potential have been there already before. After WW2 , Japan was busy for fixing the country. But we are much relaxing now. In same time, racism is gone and Internet helps to showing the culture. American culture lost the superior position. Some sort of re-balance.

Because you are from uneducated county. Almost western EU and upper class american have totally different understanding about Japan compare with pity$sad mad people like you.

Don't cry.

Well the chinese have a tendency to destroy things from old times, including their culture

But it's mostly anime, you can find nice buildings and savory food in plenty of places

This is typical wishful view by Chines or Korean. I thought American is much more educated. Ah actually many Chinese are there too yeah. How about you boy?

Because it is the most fun and least degenerate. It has silly degeneracy but it isn't plagued with nigger ooga booga shit like America.

I don't know if we can say that owning famous companies is considered as a culture, but yeah, I think your explanation is true. our culture looks very similar with china and korea. I'm sure most of you can't distinguish correctly among the three cultures just by seeing some architectures.

Chinese culture is nicely destroyed by t\comical Mao. What remain now is Copied Japanese culture and other survived original culture.

How is it wishful thinking? The basis for Japanese civilization is the Heian period which was largely based on T'ang China.

Letting contemporary politics color your view of history is just asinine. Westerners don't deny the impact that Greece and Rome had just because they aren't as successful nowadays.

Sales of manga in North America. Perhaps this could be used as kind of a metric.

Korean media are on the offensive for some time now. And Korean government, unlike the Japanese one, is actively promoting and exploiting their country's new-found soft power potential.

Naturally, most of us here would be more familiar with Japanese culture. At least it seems to be true for my generation (90s), but it probably won't be true for younger people.

It's just blind, delusional nationalism, leave him alone

jap government does actively promote anime and crap abroad. their program is called cool japan

Saying still that Japanese culture and Chinese culture are similar makes me feel despondent about the speaker's education. I often use this for indicator of a man's education level.

But it's relatively small, amateurish and ineffective compared with neighbours of Japan.

It says a lot more about your education and political agenda, my friend. Sure, China and Japan have diverged quite heavily in the modern era, but for more than a thousand years they shared an extremely similar culture.

You're just so blinded by nationalism and a neediness for Western acceptance that you can't see this.

Ahh Sorry for your poor assertions. Way of your explanation shows that how your academic view is poor. Check by yourself the history.

You're not Japanese. You're that weeb ASEAN immigrant in Australia.

yeah but that's due to ineptitude, not because they don't care

have you encountered anything that was promoted by the program, cool japan in real life?
I feel like that our gov is wasting our money in the name of 'cool japan'.

Japan is interesting because of anime. But besides that, it's also the only civilized country in the world that isn't just generic America clone #413, which also helps. Most people only know this because of anime, though. But many other countries wouldn't have as much culture and history to offer, if they were the creators of anime. Anime opens people's eyes, but there also needs to be something to see, which Japan has.

I know that American'S are so much sensitive for identity because of poor short history. WE usually don't care about it. screaming quickly nationalism and racism in order to get blind by yourself... I bit understand why some time French is looking down American. Actually some Americans are pretty smart. This gap makes me sad.

I think they've set it up just because. I don't think they really care desu.

The opportunity has been squandered imo.

Not at all friend. Please don't be arrogant with your poor confidence. Yes Japanese imported some political system from China but JUST AS MODEL. We were so far away from beggining.

there's a jpop summit festival in San Francisco every year, wouldn't be surprised if there were some links to your gov, travel bureau and what not. dont know about all the anime and cosplay conventions. it's not like governmental associations are by default insidious or something

I am Japanese~ よろしくね~

Mangaz and Animéz

The opinion is plausible.

I like Japan and i respect it more than most countries for what it has brought, while on Sup Forums we are completely jaded by our view of Japan by things like "PIGGU GO HOME" and Anime.

However to 99% of the population these points do not even register. I cook a fair amount of Japanese food and eat in the restaurants when I can so I often take friends/family with me and gain a perception of how they view Japan. The main views people seem to have (Apart from mainstream stuff Anime and xenophobia have never been mentioned).

- Japanese people are very polite and respectful.
- Japan is a clean and well maintained country
- Japan is good at technology and stuff
- Japan has nice traditions and culture

When I find someone who tells me irl that he hates Japs because they told him white boy isn't allowed to eat here and the country is dieing because they all sit at home watching animated kids fuck I'll sign off anything to do with the country forever.

Shut the fuck up, you ungrateful shit. We're the only thing standing between you and Chinese domination.

Why do you post under Australian flag?

>it's not like governmental associations are by default insidious or something
It's not that. But when you look at what Korean government is doing, that contrast becomes pretty striking.

I don't particularly like their stuff and I don't find their country to be very appealing, but they're doing a damn good job in promoting and developing it.

>anime anime anime

Forget anime, even without that you have video games, samurai, ninja, I'll even include Idol groups considering how Korea and other parts of Asia ripped it off.

I don't have a clue what Korea or China's equivalent to Samurai and Ninja's are and frankly neither does the average person.

Saying "Japanese culture and Chinese culture are same" is same that to say Israel and other Muslim country around there are same. Shame on your hyper poor delusional knowledge without seeing real matter.

>some of them spending their time translating animu and making subtitles absolutely for free
this is the part that really amazes me. I myself have done some subtitling for things in French, and it's crazy how much time it takes. Also, it's somewhat exhausting, because translating can be surprisingly difficult at times (if you want to translate well). Granted, you probably get better the more you do it, and for some people it's probably a good way to practice their japanese or english, but still, it's amazing how many hours of work has gone into translating all that anime out there.

The Japanese obsession in Western-Europe has been ongoing for centuries. Orientalism, Japonism and Chinoiserie have all been popular with Europeans as these are our only real Cultural Equals over the last thousand years. However since WW2 the Islamic world has descended into chaos and China has stripped away all of its main intrigue and replaced it with something else.

Japan is the only great power, the only first rate country in living standards, outside of the "West" that has truly retained its position which makes it extremely notable for the average Western person. This is compounded by its huge contemporary cultural exports not just weebshit but things like Mario, Pokemon even things like Godzilla. There are very few countries, arguably only the U.S. / UK has as many notable culture icons that can be attached to it.

Japan is also blessed by a cuisine and cinema which is up there in terms of respect and notability with Italy/France, along with other famous points such as its traditional artwork, gardens and architecture. These are things that are massively appealing to wealthy and 'cultured' westerners who lap this up.

Ok this is funny xD And your are fine too ;)

>But when you look at what Korean government is doing, that contrast becomes pretty striking.

What do you mean?

IS this an only the things of your pride? But it is nice US army and Japan collaborate. It save us but also your economics too friend ;)

Probably because at the moment it's the representative of the only other great culture besides the european, the east asian.

your 'do you know kimchi' promotion is going better than our promotion.

If you're from the West or from (god forbid) China you will be taken aback by how orderly and clean everything is. Its also got some goat architecture from its past. Also, I don't if it just me but, American, as well as European cities tend to be very old, there are building in New York that have been around since 1789., meanwhile the cities of Japan have a whole futuristic look with building only a couple of decades old.

Dunno if it has to do with that program, but the japanese embassy in colombia participates creating schools, martial arts academies and promoting japanese language programs.
They also set up some japanese culture expositions, art exhibitions, origami contests, etc. a couple of times every year.

This desu
It isn't just anime.

And I dissmiss opinions of people who can't even properly write in their native language. Disgusting.

And you dare to say anything about culture?

You definitely have cool sense to analyze social phenomena. At least this matter.

>going better

m.imgur.com/wQjit34?r

>t
This is fucking right view. You might have smart parent I guess. I'm not saying such things for arrogance and self pride . But this is just facts.

If you consider that metric as relevant then you are probably retarded unless you think these massive number swings over four years are indictative of some sort of crumbling Japan.

Anyone with a brain understands this is due to the recession and online / smart phone usage. I haven't brought a hard copy in years and just a premium phone app because why the fuck not.

What you can pride is only the English grammar? LOL

He is living in the UK. What kind of scum can't speak English despite living in English speaking country? Only immigrants and chavs.

I can easily distinguish Korean, Chinese and Japanese culture though.

Because of such poor idiots come to UK who can just proud the English and dick size, It is no wonder the result of void. ZERO social contribution. Stay your country and fuck up with your cows ;)

But seems that he is much smarter than you. isn't it?

Go back home to Thailand and stop pretending to be Japanese.

Like 90% of Japanese "culture" can be found in a Hunan village.

I do Kendo and a Venezuelan lad at my dojo said that despite Venezuela's poverty and isolation, the Japanese Embassy sponsors kendo dojos and lends them equipment all for free, as well as language and culture classes. Pretty cool 日本。

HAHAHAAHA you are such fucking funny looser xD

>least degenerate

Post your Japanese passport then. We already have one Luxembourger pretending to be Japanese with fake Engrish.

Sure Kim or Slovak the Slav, lets assume the latter. I will butcher my own language however I want and you will read and understand it. Sadly I will never go through this experience because your shithole has never produced anything worth reading.

Anyway what does any of that even mean? Japan has massive soft power advantages over every other East-Asian nation. Korea offers what? K-Drama and Samgsung TVs? Pokemon GO has had a greater impact on the young people of today than Korea will in their lives. To use culture festivals as an indicator in the UK there is Hyper Japan a new festival which runs biannually since 2010 and grows each time. Back in France we have Japan Expo which is huuge there is also ones in Spain, Italy, Germany, Belgium etc...

No other country in Asia can reach Japan is cultural dominance, no other country is close, no other country for the foreseeable future will be.

it's the radiation, they don't know they're being degenerate

you got so mad!!!
こんにちはお馬鹿さん。

I have a comfortable middle class background as I grew up in a home county and my parents would have made about 75-100k. I'm also employed and have a post-graduate qualification from a decent university

I'm technically from an immigrant background as I have French relatives but I have never lived there.

I have been to Japan twice and enjoy some aspects of the culture but I wouldn't consider myself a weeb, if anything my favourite country is Italy.

These uneducated poor idiots need this kind pried only in internet because this is only what they can do. After close this computer, we see reality in the life. We may cry for him.

Most Japanese posters are just retarded nationalists so ignore them.

Actually yes sometime. We also annoy such extreme right wing too. But they are not majority of us.

I think that besides the influence of the pop culture there is this rather orientalist view of the country as these traditional and stoic people with high technology. Japan tends to be portrayed as exotic and mysterious by western media.
I grew up on a neighbourhood of Japanese immigrants so the culture was always present, a big chunk of my classmates were third generation and we had things like taiko clubs in our school (it wasn't even a japanese school, it was a traditional catholic one), and even in that context Japan was viewed as some far away mystical land of marvel.

That doesn't prove anything. You're a huge weeb, ofc you would know some Japanese.

You're not funny.

There are a lot of civilized countries that aren't America clones.

>nd frankly neither does the average person.

That's because the average person, like you, is ignorant as shit.

for example?

It's your 2ch shitposters who came over with Hiroshima last year

Korea, (not a country but a region)Taiwan, Singapore, (not a country but a region) Hong Kong, Argentina, Panama, Mauritius and Chile.

They are all westernized though.

Panama and Argentina have poor economy (at least they don't fit in developed nations). I don't know anything about Mauritius except it used to be home of an extinct brid.

Argentina is
1)Not civilized
2)Not westernized.

You're very poorly informed about my country.

Argentina, Panama, Mauritius and Chile are not highly developed countries.

HK isn't really a country and lacks anything but the fact that its a great city, no real history/culture. Its part of the Chinese sphere.

Singapore was irrelevant till recently, like an Asian Luxembourg or something idk. No real culture, multicult country so not interesting outside of the clean, cool city and great food.

Taiwan is the best case but it changed massively after the KMT came in and again its part of that "Chinese" sphere and it has nothing important prior to 1950.

Japan has a nice aesthetic. Everything is neat and orderly like it rhymes in a way. The language itself is a great example of this, especially compared to its neighbor of China which is comprised of a bunch of Dong Gong shit. If I didn't know any better, I would have thought it was a romance language by how it's written in romaji and pronounced.

Not true, you could say Monet for example was one of the first weeaboos on history.

Jap food is shit and boring flavor

>Panama
>not America clone
They are pretty much americans speaking spanish. Almost like Puerto Rico. Maybe that's the secret of their success.

t. burger eater

Go fucking kill yourself you shitposter

Then Japan is westernized as well dumbgook.

>Argentina and Panama are not developed economies

Off yourself

Fucking kill yourself faggot.

Your country is literally the defintion of Westernized.
And it is the richer and more developed than Portugal and Greece.

>highly developed countries.
Nice goalposts

Why italy

Yes, Actually Taiwan is small but best country after Japan to me. If look the size of economics Korea is bigger that it but it is caused by population. Culture is much much unique compare with Korea which is just copying Japan. They are kinda sophisticated version of China. Better than Korea to me. The problem is, around 10% of they are Chinese communist rooted therefore internal dispute happen sometime. I wish development if Taiwan instead of Korea. At least Taiwanese know meaning of "shame" than Korea.

Bait

Argentina and all of Latin America = Westernized by definition.

Argentina is also objectively more developed than multiple Western European countries.

Then you are an idiot, you don't have to buy into the Michelin Meme (though most people who don't generally haven't eaten in upmarket places). But its so evident that Japanese cuisine stands alone with French and Italian in terms of dominance in its culinary processes, tools, chefs, restaurants and reputation.

You know its a good cuisine because it places massive prominence on simplicity, the ingredients and recipe. Which any good cook will respect. As someone who is a massive fan of Italian cooking I can't help but appreciate it.

I'm not shitposting. If Panama is what it is, it's because of USA intervention.

>Go fucking kill yourself you shitposter
Truth hurts, doesn't it?

Wow what a fucking retarded post

>no argument

What is a american food that you can proud. KFC?