Have you heard the story of Arthur?

Have you heard the story of Arthur?

yes it's a great show

Yes I loved fate series

no fuck off cunt

Yes, a great cheese maker from Luton

Of course
He was a kid from the forest of Brocéliande in Bretagne.
Then one day he pulled out the sword from the stone and was made king of all Bretagne.

(yes this is actually what i was taught)
(yes i believe it)

The guy who got his sword stuck in a boulder?

Good lad

You mean aside from all the incest memes?

There's a small castle in lower silesia with fresks shopwing legend about king Arthur from XIV century which is cool if you think how far away it is from the british islands

Never heard the history of Arturo Sorete Duro aside for muh swordd thing.

It's a history already or just a legend?

Before i actually read more about it i always unironically thought king Arthur was French.

Pretty sure most French people think the same, i mean "king of britons" can sound very ambiguous. And he has a guy named Lancelot with him which sounds incredibly French.

In fact now that i think about it, are you really sure he wasn't French ?

He was Cornish, supposedly from Tintagel. The Bretons are essentially colonists from Dumnonia so there is a connection to Arthur, but not because Arthur was Breton.

Cornish people are a meme

Nope. They are a genetically, linguistically, culturally, and historically identifiable people, distinct from their neighbours east of the Tamar. Nobody disputes this except BNP-type jingos.

was his name really arthur? i have my doubts. Always thought arthur was a contraption or a mistranslation from the name of a well documented figure.

We don't really know if he was an historical person or not for certain, or what his origins were. His name makes sense in Celtic languages, though:

Welsh
Arth = bear
(G)wr = man
Arthwr

Cornish
Arth = bear
(G)our = man
Arthour/Arthur

Breton
Arzh = bear
(G)our = man
Arzhour/Arzhur

[Old] Irish
Art = bear
Fer = man
(Don't know how this should be rendered in Irish)

Gaulish
Artio = bear
Uiro = man
Uiroartios or Artiowiros (possibly?)

He was some guy who pulled an AR15 out of a double cheeseburger, or at least that's what I'm told

Epic hero and he Wuz a kang

nope

But then Lance-alot took his missus

he's fighting stone, what a dumbass xDDDD

cornish people have died out though and the modern "cornish" language is a load on shit

seems like a hot dog found in a stationery store.

Those you listed seem really close phonetically.
One thing i always found odd is how much similarities with caratacus story there are, and if you say it fast it could sound similar to something like arthur.

Le Morte d'Arthur is a pretty good read

>a Breton cucked by a Frenchman

Surprisingly accurate

>Tell me, Have you heard the story of Arthur?
>I thought not, It's not a story Sup Forums would tell you.

have you heard of the excellent sword bridge making skills of lancelot

Except they haven't. They are still a genetically distinct people who cluster separately from Devonians (who themselves cluster separately from the broader English population). The Cornish language is in a dire state but nonetheless survives. An yeth Kernewek yw brav orth ow bres. Ny wonn kovendhes dha edhom omsettya an honanieth Kernewek.