Non-PWM notebooks

Is there any affordable non crap 11-14" Notebook without PWM. Holy fuck some if those ridiculously overpriced shitpieces have PWM as low as 50Hz. Look at these eyefuckers:
Lenovo Yoga 710 - PWM@50Hz
Lenovo Ideapad 710S - PWM@220Hz
Lenovo Ideapad 320S-13 - PWM@350Hz
Asus Zenbook UX305 - PWM@201Hz
Asus Zenbook Flip UX360 - PWM@50Hz
Xiaomi Mi Air 12 - PWM@50Hz
Xiaomi Mi Air 13 - PWM@50Hz

The best thing I've found so far is the Teclast X5 Pro but battery life sucks.

Other urls found in this thread:

laptopmedia.com/top-laptop-pwm-ranking-rated-by-negative-impact-on-eyesight/
notebookcheck.net/PWM-Ranking-Notebooks-Smartphones-and-Tablets-with-PWM.163979.0.html
youtu.be/keZEMqz61cU?t=6m27s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Acer Chromebooks :^) they all support Linux well

> non crap
> Acer Chromebooks

any laptop without fan?

>any
Well which one actually user?

>PWM
Literally what
Anyway, Prestigio Smartbook 133s is a good thing.

>Sup Forums
>what is PWM, some fan tech?

Prestigio Smartbook 133s:
Intel Celeron N3350, eMMC Flash 32GiB
Not really comparable to what I've listed

XPS 13
(developer edition if you want slightly less botnet)

> Sup Forums
> Nobody's repeated the Thinkpad meme yet

I mean that thing is great but its price point is off the charts. I could buy 2 Xiaomi Mi 13 2017 for the same amount.

I have no idea why they're doing this. Is there any legitimate reason to run PWM at such low frequencies? They're just driving LEDs, they could PWM the fuckers at 20kHz or something with no issues at all as far as I know.

Or they could spend 10$ more on a display that just doesn't uses PWM at all. Cheap fucks selling overpriced crap nothing more.

Look at the high-end Samsung Chromebooks.

How are you finding specs on whether they use pwm for the backlight dimming btw?

I need Windows for uni so Chromebooks unfortunately wont cut it.

notebookcheck.com
laptopmedia.com
Some on individual basis
You can sometimes see the real bad ones flickering if you watch some yt vids on them

>tfw have PWM set to 15kHz

GIT GUD

PWM is common in laptop panels because it saves power. Better get used to it buddy, or get a quality laptop that has a high PWM frequency.

PWM is utter shit

Is a quality notebook panel, like in a Macbook, not PWM; i.e. it lowers the intensity of the LEDs by changing voltage/current, or is it just such high-speed PWM you can't notice it?

everything is pwm. look at any led driver datasheet
maybe they couldn't solve the emi issues? it does seem like an odd place to cut corners

Is this the new Golden Eye thread?

I would be more concerned if the IPS panel is 6bit + FRC instead of 8bit.

The current Macbooks use ~100kHz for PWM.

2/3 of the current gens displays do not use any PWM or >10000Hz
laptopmedia.com/top-laptop-pwm-ranking-rated-by-negative-impact-on-eyesight/
notebookcheck.net/PWM-Ranking-Notebooks-Smartphones-and-Tablets-with-PWM.163979.0.html

Who the fuck cares about colors if this crap flickers THIS bad: youtu.be/keZEMqz61cU?t=6m27s
I can see flickering even on 100% brightness, the Asus Zenbook UX360 uses the same 50Hz on