So i ditched iPhone and bought into the android meme and got an s7 for muh freedoms...

so i ditched iPhone and bought into the android meme and got an s7 for muh freedoms... nobody told me that the camera on custom roms look like absolute dog shit due to a lack of drivers... is there any way around this?

Yes get rid of it and get a oppo r11 best camera and Snapdragon 660 in the biz and it's only easy payment $399.99usd plus shitting and handling

>he fell for the freedumbs meme

Just install the stock rom.

does it have a good camera when a custom rom is installed?

>just do the needful and buy new camera sir

>google
>samsung
>android
>freedoms
????

Yes, buy a Pixel instead.
Or try too look for a Google HDR+ Camera app port to your device.

lmao

Custom roms are usually pretty shit.

Stock color os is pretty open desu

The camera is excellent

you know when your phone is the top dog when you have to put a custom rom on it to enjoy it.

I just wanna remove all the google shit from it... i have no problem with the stock rom itself.

>is there any way around this?

Yes, easy: supplement your toy camera with a proper camera.

>that glossy fingerprint magnet shit
fuck these retarded corporations

Fuck off chink shill.
Oppo R9 owner here, literally applel clone with zero software updates.

I don't mind fingerprints but glass backs are slippery as fuck and thanks to everybody copying Apple they are the norm now.

I plan to buy a Note 8, should I put one of those "protective" stickers on the back to add grip or is that a shit idea?

hhahaahahahahaha did u see before unlock bootloader first? Sony motorola and htc give a faq about it on their website.

No one told you because we're not your personal army. That information was available to you if you did the research.

dbrand is your solution

No normal person uses custom roms. What the fuck? Enjoy your bugs and software developed by pajeet neckbeard

>I don't mind fingerprints but glass backs are slippery as fuck and thanks to everybody copying Apple they are the norm now.
Apple just introduced glass backs on the iPhone but it's been a thing on Android devices since at least 2012.
My LG E975 had a glass back. Also it was the standard for flagships for a while now (Mostly due to moving away from plastic and glass allowing wireless charging which aluminium doesn't).

>proper camera
>posts a dust collecting /p/ meme

can you debrand the front of the samsung s7?

>being too brainlet to compile your own rom

> No normal person uses custom roms
Every fucking time Sup Forums suggests anything, like absolutely anything - if anybody has a negative experience with it, he gets replies like "lol memed". Go to hell.

Is that your idea of a proper camera? Something like the Pixel 2 probably takes better shots than that in 1/100 of the time.

GOOGLE?
ARE YOU STOOPIT?

actually does anyone know why you can't just install the appropriate drivers on top of the custom ROM?

enjoy your shit ass camera then

Samsung "drivers" are proprietary closed blobs that only works under the touchwiz framework.

That is why you NEVER *EVER* buy a Samshit device if you want any sort of modding.

>smartphone camera probably takes better shots than proper camera with aps-c sensor
you're probably wrong

Why vanilla android?
It lacks lots of features and is buggy as hell.
Put a custom TW ROM debloated, you can !of the camera to have 60fps 1440P videos and better quality in general.

HDR+ is magic for normies and they will tell you the Pixel looks better.

samuelsung camera, even on something as old at eh galaxy s6, is leagues ahead of whatever jewgle is limping to the barn with

I bet good money the pixel 2 takes better pics than most p&s.

That Ricoh is junk though.

This thread reeks of /p/ autism.

>He bought a samsung
l o l

Most top end smrtphones are better than your average PS camera, amazing how much technology has advance.

>touchwizz

It has the bare minimum on it so I'm sure it's probably doable.

The phone is really fucking good reviews don't do it justice it's faster than the newest Samsung and apple x

>falling for the custom rom meme
you deserve it, retard

>than most p&s.

Ricoh GR isn't "most" P&S

It has the same sized sensor as "most" DSLR's.
And it has an f/2.8 lens, which is better "most" DSLR kit lenses.

But the main thing that makes it a PROPER camera is the controls.

(not even a GR owner btw, I have a Nikon D800 with about $4k worth of lenses)

It has nothing to do with technology.

Most P&S's are shit because they use zoom lenses.
Smartphones can't fit zoom lenses so they use (vastly superior) prime lenses instead.

It would be very easy to make a tiny P&S camera that is better than the best smartphone camera.
There just isn't a market for it because ignorant consumers always want zoom lens and think bigger is better.