What language are you learning Sup Forums?

What language are you learning Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

studyspanish.com/lessons/iodopro.htm
spanishdict.com/topics/show/18
spanishdict.com/topics
spanishdict.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>portugal
wut

>basquetugal

>mentioned

I'm already thinking in English.
I'm learning French too.

>that Portugal
Basque needs more speakers desu.

>france
>chinese
what are they up to

Is this a lol Alberto Barbosa when will you learn pic or is this legit?

>Portugal is learning Basque
good for them 2bh

>Sweden
>Spanish
Really? That's weird.

>tfw you're too old and lazy to bother learning ching
maybe it's for the best.

are you 12 years old?

Biggest chinese community in Europe is in France

don't learn ching

DONT

DONT

China is probably the worst place in the world, and Chinks are absolute subhumans, even Albanians are better

Just learn Swedish or some shit kek

Lots of people seem to be learning English. I think they like us.

>I think they like us.

i like america

>I think they like us

It's shopped. Look at the flags in the other countries. They all have a white border around them and are noticeably smaller.

I've learned French, have a working knowledge of Spanish, and am heading to Germany in a month to start my masters and have already begun learning it for around a year now.

It's pretty nice of them.

But it's okay if they don't want to learn too. After all, we all speak the language of love.

plus it's utterly useless. Anyone worth dealing with knows english and the amount of effort required to learn Chinese could be put into at least 2-3 other languages. Plus, there's still the Han/Mandarin split.

English is far and away the most useful language

Spanish would be the obvious second

German is a distant third

anything else is just a niche language that you learn for fun or for a specific goal

french is a waste

>german more important than french

>german
>important
you can speak english with germans,but not with french people

how is french useful at all? only france speaks it and they get pissed off if you make a single error

i admit german isnt very useful but its definitely better to learn than french

Almost all Africa speaks Fench

why would you want to talk to french people? they will just laugh at you if you french isn't flawless and france isnt that great anyway

there are a decent amount of german speakers in central europe that can't speak english. i admit its not a great language to learn though

>Africa
There is your problem.

why the fuck would you want to be able to converse with africans? at that point you may as well just learn portuguese and go to brazil

Never heard of Francafrique, m8? Pretty much all of the west cape of Africa speaks French as a native tongue.
Also, the French are very forgiving and hospitable when they see you trying to conform to French norms. Don't talk out of your ass, I know this first hand.

german
gives you the opportunity to emigrate to one of three rich countries

French has more speakers and is spoken natively on 5 different continents though.

German has power in Europe FOR NOW

What is it with Finns and Balts choosing Russian as the most useful language in future?

They do way more business with EU than they do with Russia.

>western european nations unironically saying spanish

An yeth Kernewek lemmyn. My yw lowen a-dro ow avonsyans, dell dybav.

Learning english made me hate you.

In 2050, a quarter of the world population will be African

you're really over estimating french

outside of a few canadians its totally useless in north america.
no one in south america speaks it outside of some shitty tribes
there's no reason to learn to converse with africans

really the only thing french gives you is an embarrassing time with some frenchfags
meanwhile

>lol why would you want to talk to africans xd
>lol why would you want to talk to chings xd

Trade and cultural exchange. And information availability (ie academics).

If you know Spanish and English you can pretty much travel and communicate with the entire American continent.

That's like half a billion speakers.

>it's shopped
At this point, I think it's a meme to point out x-tugal.

Spanish people are surprisingly bad at English, so if you ever want to get a cute Spanish gf, you have to start practising rolling those /r/s.

why not
spaniards cant into english and theres like a billion spanish speakers. spanish also is pretty similar to portuguese and italian

Too late, already learning Spanish :^)

who gives a shit about the numbers? No one important is african. Same reason why chinese is useless to learn.

>emigrating to one of the 3 German speaking countries
Germany doesn't allow dual citizenship for those who naturalize, for Austria it's incredibly restricted, and the German speaking cantons not only don't natively speak High German, but the German cantons have the most strict immigration laws meanwhile the French ones are piss easy by comparison.
Stop gobbling cock so hard, I think they're poking your brain.
It'd also amaze you how much Quebecers prefer you speak French to English.

Britain, Ireland, Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Austria, Romania, Cyprus, Italy...thank you.

german is much better for information availability are you even being serious? if you like african culture then fine, learn french, that's great

but dont say it's even remotely as useful as spanish or german

I'm learning it because why not

It's not really surprising at all given how only 22% of Spaniards actually speak English at a conversational level

Nothing to be proud of

Celtic?

>Almost all Africa speaks Fench

>African population: 1.1 billion
>French speakers in Africa: 120 million

if you want to learn a language for academic purposes german should definetly be your choice after english. it is used much more often than any romance language in science

Cornish, yes.

these

how common is speaking French in the Maghreb and Syria + Lebanon nowadays?

Do the Syrian refugees speak French?

Finnish. It's hard as fuck but I love it.

>What language are you learning Sup Forums?

Mandarin and French. [spoiler]Greek and Spanish, someday.[/spoiler]

>What language are you learning Sup Forums?
I am planing on learning me some Greek so when the war with the roaches starts we can communicate better with our new allies :3

Trying to work up to starting Japanese again.

wtf is with portugal?

>Also, the French are very forgiving and hospitable when they see you trying to conform to French norms
kek

i hate you,keep posting cute girls

>france picks three

RAREST OF THE RARE
A
R
E
S
T

I'm learning nipponese because i am weeb trash

He meant almost all of the knows who can speak any language.

Monkeys in africa have a hard time learning any language.

you are honest, and I like that.

君の知らないものがたり

English for Northerers
Spanish for Southerners
And Chinese for...chinks ?

RARE

Learning Spanish atm. I find it harder than French. The placement of the direct and indirect object pronouns is very confusing

Me Habla - He speaks to me
Me te Habla - He speaks to me to you?

Nigga, only West Africa mostly speaks it -- and the countries which do are absolute dog-shit economically. Nigeria and South Africa have the closest thing resembling industrial economies in Sub-Saharan Africa, and they're both English dominated countries. How the fuck is French useful as a business skill in French Africa? To get an edge buying jenkem in the Congo? Nigger fuck-off with that shit baka desu

Estoy aprendiendo Español.

How pathetic is it that Greeks still chose German after the way they humiliated your people (and not just the abstract concept of country)?

Latin and Ancient Greek. Not for bragging or for the literature, just because I enjoy learning things I'll have no use for.

Me te habla makes no sense.

>Italy
Every
Single
Time

I have to go with this. I've reading up on da Greeks and I'm constantly seeing sources with German titles cited in all the books, whether it's about archaeology, essays, stylometry, historical dating, criticism, you name it. There's maybe a few French sources cited (almost all from the 1800's) and maybe one or two Italian or Spanish ones. German philosophy is also interesting and significant enough to learn it.

why do they learn Chinese not Japanese
that doesn't make sense....

>Chinese
>useful

Can you give me an example then?

The most confusing part is that me and te are both direct and indirect object pronouns. Who the fuck designed this language? Why does this language force me to identify the direct and indirect objects every time?

it's like in French

Je parle - (Yo) hablo - I speak
Je te parle - (Yo) te hablo - I speak to you

But what about (yo) te lo hablo

Is that, I speak it to you?

Placement can go behind verbs and certain places and in front, and in itself gets more complicated.
Ella se lo da a el. She gave it to him. With se being him and a el to let you know what is being given.
Estoy escribiéndolo. I am writing it or Lo estoy escribiendo. I am writing it.
Le + direct = se

Les + direct = se
Here are two websites you can use.
Also, if the verb is known, you do not need a pronoun unless you do not understand who is speaking.

That's a really unnatural sounding way to speak. A better translation of I say it to you would be lo digo a ti.

Your ancestors didn't struggle for decades to throw off the yoke of Spanish rule for this.

syntaxically it works, but it sounds very weird (at least, in French). I mean even in English "I speak it to you" is a weird sentence, so I guess it's not surprising, but in French a more natural way would be "Je le parle à toi" or something like that. Again, still somewhat weird.

If you use a more normal verb like "donner" (to give, in Spanish "dar"), then however it sounds perfectly fine.

Je donne - (Yo) doy - I give
Je te donne - (Yo) te doy - I give to you
Je le donne - (Yo) lo doy - I give it
Je te le donne - (Yo) te lo doy - I give it to you

>Je te donne - (Yo) te doy - I give to you
also, note that this could ALSO mean "I give you", as in "I give you away" (a bit weird obviously and far less common than the previous example I gave, but syntaxically it works). For example:

Je te donne à mon ami.
(Yo) te doy a mi amigo.
I give you to my friend.

Damn I feel like an idiot. I got an A+ in an A2 Spanish course just a few months ago and I'm still struggling with this shit.

Feels like I'll never be at the level of communication with native speakers.

I'll be in Spain a year so we'll see

You are not dumb. It is A2 for a reason.
Stop being stubborn, go buy a barrons grammar book, vocab book, and start watching and writing in spanish, use online or watch on tv for sources as well. And use this. It has a better translator than google, and actually has a grammar section on the site.
spanishdict.com/topics/show/18
spanishdict.com/topics
spanishdict.com/

German

you made me realise that "te doy a mi amigo" could mean "i give you to my friend" and "i give my friend to you". That's a big issue, but dropping "a" it would mean the second.
it would be "te lo digo", or if you want to be more specific "te lo digo a ti". But "lo digo a ti" is wrong.

lol what the fuck?

Japanese.

Ive started learning Russian, spanish, french and german. But i need to actuslly make an effort. Think ill stick to spanish

I'm currently neglecting studying Japanese because I enjoy Japanese media and want to dive deeper into it. Tempted to learn French for similar reasons.

russian

You're not going to use two indirect object pronouns referring to people though. You might be confusing using one along with a reflexive verb though. se hablar
French has the same thing though.
Also, as the other user said they can go behind a verb when it's not conjugated.
puedo hacerlo (I can do it)
Whereas yeah, french doesn't do this.
Je peux le faire.
In terms of that sort of thing that's the only major difference. The biggest difference would be how sentences and phrases flow and the amount of conjugations. The prior is more difficult for French and the latter is more difficult for Spanish. As well, French is a bitch and a half to get used to understanding in normal speech whereas Spanish is piss easy.

Don't worry, this sort of thing is difficult for any speaker not used to it at first. Conjugation too, holy fuck that was a bitch. Once you get it down though, it becomes second nature and if you decide to learn a second romance language it will be amazingly easy.
Also, Ryan?